Hate yourself? Brink's $10.

#1 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (952 posts) -
#2 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Wow. New for $10 bucks and used for $15? Even though we have a Hastings locally, I still think I'll wait for a steam sale.

#3 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

Wow. New for $10 bucks and used for $15? Even though we have a Hasting's locally, I still think I'll wait for a steam sale.

Dude after that free weekend, I don't think it's even worth a Steam sale. That 30fps lock and fucked mouse controls really killed it for me.

#4 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85: Aw. I always miss free weekends, but broken mouse controls in competitive games are impossible to look past.

#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I hate myself but not that much.

#6 Posted by DystopiaX (5301 posts) -

I wouldn't pay for it. Steam had that free weekend and the game was terrible.

#7 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2365 posts) -

Online is absolutely dead for this game, which is disappointing. Still I'd recommend it for $10.

#8 Posted by KarlPilkington (2722 posts) -

I don't hate myself. Yay, no Brink for me!

#9 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Nope. I got about 50$ worth of fun out of it. Having a regular group to play with greatly enhances the game.

#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I rented it from Redbox and had fun. It was worth the $4. Got a fuckton of achievements too.

#11 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I buy a lot of shit games for more then $10 but no way in hell would I spend $10 on brink. That game was such shit.

#12 Posted by Brians (1461 posts) -

That is a great way to describe Brink

#13 Posted by Nadafinga (958 posts) -

Looks like it's $9.99 on amazon this week. Seriously, I think this is one of the biggest video game failures I've ever seen. In less than 5 months it's in the dregs of the bargain bin. What a shame.

#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I considered it, but then checked the reviews, and apparently it's even worse than I thought.

#15 Posted by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -

I had fun with Brink, SMART system was kinda glitchy but I had some pretty memorable moments with it.

#16 Edited by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

Aw fuck, I just did DNF at 10$, how much more self-loathing can I submit myself to?

#17 Posted by Dalai (7019 posts) -

If I hated myself, I'd buy Duke Nukem Forever on Steam for $10 now.

#18 Posted by SSully (4169 posts) -

It is sad that games like this, and duke nukem forever have already been on sale for 10 - 15 dollars after only being released less then a year ago. I know they suck, but damn that must hurt seeing that when you helped develop those games.

#19 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

Brink was a great game in terms of gameplay, but all the lag issues in the online for consoles killed the game for me. I loved the objective basis of it, and teams actually worked together. It's a rarity on Xbox Live. It definitely wasn't a good first impression for id Tech on consoles. Luckily, Rage gave me that confidence back...but unfortunately, such a good game has to suffer from such crippling issues.

#20 Posted by dagas (2820 posts) -

I thought you meant that XBLA game, but then I remember that is called Breach not Brink, I always get those confused. They both seemed like games to ignore anyway...for any price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.