How Will You Play?

#1 Edited by Hooded (435 posts) -

What Body Type?

- There are 3 body types; Heavy, Medium and Light.

The Heavy is the slowest and isnt very nimble but has the most life. He can carry larger guns like big machine guns, he can also carry much better secondary weapons such as a shotgun.

The Light character is the fastest and most nimble, think Ezio + Ryu.H but can be killed alot quicker than the others. He can only carry Smg's as his primary and his secondary weapons are only pistals

The medium is pretty well balanced in the middle, can climb things but one at a time and carry most guns.

(You start with medium unlocked and shortly unlock the other types, I think you have to do the first missions for each faction, one unlocks one type).

What class will you play?

There's Engineer, Operative, Medic, and Soldier.

Each class has its specific abilities that you can purchase with unlocks. Also there are a few abilities you can buy that effect every class.

How will you play?

I wrote this on my iphone whilst cooking dinna bro.

#2 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

The Light Medic. That's right, I like playing as Medic.
 Hey. It's better than being a Heavy Medic.

#3 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Probably start as mid body type medic with a shotgun and maybe try a mid engineer with a bolt action rifle.

I think it really depends on the speed boost and penalty of being light / heavy and the health you gain / lose. Would like to try a light operative though if there is a decent weapon light types can use.

//Edit - I'm contemplating a light engineer now, If there are places only a light type can reach and set turrets up there.

#4 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -
@dbz1995: I like playing as a medic and maybe playing a light type, maybe a medium type.

@Adamsons: Thanks, forgot to mention the health benifits. Edited post.
#5 Posted by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

Light Medic.

I'm always the medic.
#6 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

IF I'll buy this game (will wait for reviews and QL first because this game especially could really go either way) I'll go for whichever class/build seems to complement the team best for our current objective, and I hope all of you guys do too.

#7 Posted by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -

Heavy soldier.
Light everything else.

Probably.
We'll see when it comes out.

#8 Posted by FunkasaurusRex (72 posts) -

I'm probably going to start with a medium build operative. In BF:BC2 the ability to tag opponents seemed really cool to me, from what I understand the operative will have a similar ability in Brink.

#9 Posted by Kahzoul (8 posts) -

Leaning towards medium body type engineer in some kind of support grenade role to subdue the opposing team. May try out this with a Heavy body type depending on how the pros and cons of it feel in-game. Looks like there will be plenty of nimble medics to heal me regardless xD.

#10 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -
@FunkasaurusRex said:
" I'm probably going to start with a medium build operative. In BF:BC2 the ability to tag opponents seemed really cool to me, from what I understand the operative will have a similar ability in Brink. "
Yup, its an operative ability you can unlock.
#11 Posted by plague102 (128 posts) -

I've always liked being the tank so probably Heavy Soldier

#12 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

light and what ever class is needed!

#13 Posted by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

I'd probably go medium medic.

But the combination of heavy and medic sounds like it could be interesting too.

#14 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -
@Hooded: i plan on switching body types and roles often to do objectives or fill gaps in the team
#15 Posted by razorzxz (180 posts) -

Medium Engineer for me, But once I unlock all the slots I will have a large variation.

#16 Edited by Plus (18 posts) -

Im secretly really stoked for this game. At times it has me worried it will all be a big let down in the end. Anyhow we shall find out this friday when i get in the mail (yes i live in the EU and we have to wait till friday).
Anyways i'm looking forward to having several guys to best fit what i feel like doing that specific day. Some times its great to rung and jump and shoot ppl up close in the face with a shotgun but other days its great being a lug huge soldier walking around tearing stuff up with an over sized gun.
However i will most likely be playing a light operative on most days, get my stealth on.
Btw joining the Resistance for surezies!
Maybe worth asking the community which they are joining?

#17 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

Not sure yet. I'll probably fill in for whatever's needed. I'll start with a medium build and see how I play from there.

I'll probably end up choosing Security, but since I pre-ordered w/ D2D most of the bonuses are linked w/ the Resistance faction.
#18 Posted by SuperSambo (2865 posts) -

Ill play as the biggest guy with the biggest gun :)

#19 Posted by OtakuGamer (1237 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:
" The Light Medic. That's right, I like playing as Medic. Hey. It's better than being a Heavy Medic. "
This would be my class as well.
#20 Posted by holmenkolmenDK (2 posts) -

Gonna play a heavy soldier. Tank style! It's gonna be spectacular :-)

#21 Edited by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -

I'm probably not going to get the game, at least not right away, but if I were I would probably play as a light medic or operative. 

#22 Posted by Jankenstein (14 posts) -

Heavy Operative. The most unexpected combination.

#23 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

You do not have to stay one class. You can spiecalize with upgrade points but there is no reason to just stay and be one class. 

#24 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

probably light operative or engineer

#25 Posted by Getz (3014 posts) -

I'm thinking light body type, support role.

#26 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

Light Medic because fuck yeah medics.

#27 Posted by Bryce3333 (32 posts) -

I think I'm going sercurity light op or eng....

#28 Posted by Jackel2072 (2261 posts) -

not a clue. i really want to have a guy who can do crazy wall jumps and what not. but i think this is the type of game i realy cant guess about until i have my hands on it. 

#29 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Don't know what job, but I'm definitely going Medium.

#30 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

light operative/medic, heavy soldier, medium... is there and engineer type class, i think there was something about that

#31 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

I won't. :3

#32 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Light medic/soldier

#33 Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -
@holmenkolmenDK said:
" Gonna play a heavy soldier. Tank style! It's gonna be spectacular :-) "
Hopefully.
#34 Edited by Bromeliad (20 posts) -

I'm thinking Medium Engineer. It seems like engies have a pretty high proportion of objectives they can complete, and I like the idea of buffing myself for increased damage. And my teammates, of course. But mostly myself.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, The_Laughing_Man is right. There's no limit on what class you can play as and from what I've seen in the videos you should probably change it up on a per-objective basis. Still, I think Engie will be the one I use most or when defending.
#35 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

Heavy Soldier all the way. My best friend loves being a medic/healer in most games, and I love being huge dudes with huge guns/swords while mowing shit down. Hence, we make a pretty great team.

#36 Posted by theduce11 (1 posts) -

I like mixing it up a lot, but probably Light Op. Heavy Op sounds like a weird combo, lol I have to try that.

#37 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Light Body class and Medic, with Operative as the second choice.

#38 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -
@Ertard said:
" Heavy Soldier all the way. My best friend loves being a medic/healer in most games, and I love being huge dudes with huge guns/swords while mowing shit down. Hence, we make a pretty great team. "
All you need is an Engineer to buff you weapon damage.
#39 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1439 posts) -

Light medic, medium engineer, subs and shotties all the way. I like buffing the shit out of everyone.

#40 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I was thinking Light Medic leading up to release, but now I'm thinking a Heavy Medic, be able to stay on the front lines and keep people up w/o getting dropped too fast - doesn't seem like you'll have to support 2 groups of people so running quickly between isn't really a concern, also if you get dropped too often and have to keep running back from the spawn point...bad medic.

Probably do a Light Operative (for what I hope are obvious reasons) and a Light Engineer, hopefully being able to sprint around and set up a few Turrets.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.