Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

How's your lag on XBL?

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

Is anyone else getting extreme unplayable lag with Brink on Xbox Live? I've tried a few different matches and they've all been so stuttery that I can't play the game at all. I've never had this much trouble with a 360 game before.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Forget about lag, I haven't been able to get into a single online game yet. Every time I try to join a match, it will either kick me back to the menu and tell me "You have lost connection to the host", or completely lock up the Xbox. I accidentally joined a co-op campaign game before that I had no problems with, but as for actual matches, I've had zero luck.

Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Consaw

In my first game it was terrible. I only managed about 3 kills and could only buff teammates. I really hope they add some servers soon. 

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

I've had much better luck with freeplay than I did with campaign mode, you might try that if you're having latency issues

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I am having no issues at all. Well only when the host migrates then thats about it. 

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By lethalki11ler

Super laggy here, unplayablle basically.Only way is to set my campaign settings to open for everyone and then the lag is bearable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This game is unplayable.  What a colossal failure.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Brodehouse said:
    " This game is unplayable.  What a colossal failure. "
    I have no issues. Try freeplay. That seems to work more often. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@The_Laughing_Man: That's where I have the issues.  And I tested my own connection with some AssBro and worked fine.
    Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The first game I played when I launched the game for the first time was an absolute lagfest. The second was actually playable and a bit fun to be honest. After trying a few more matches 4/5 of them were unbearably laggy.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Brodehouse said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: That's where I have the issues.  And I tested my own connection with some AssBro and worked fine. "
    I never have issues...strange. Maybe i Just have a real good net connection. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had minor lag maybe twice. No major problems. Enjoying it quite a bit actually.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

No problems here at all.

cartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By cartvader

I have had hit & miss lag issues.  Some matches are great and some are bad, one so bad I started to feel sick.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scarace360

None cause im playing it on PC BOOM!

kartanaold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kartanaold

Yes, the lag is terrible!

sin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By sin13

Lots of lag online, and a little lag here and there when playing solo. Bots are also dumb as rocks and the audio keeps dropping out on me.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Jackel2072

call me crazy but if you haven't, try installing the game to the hard drive. i noticed last night when ever the game started to lag the 360 disc drive went fucking nuts. i installed the game and had few issues afterwards. a hick up here or there but for the most part smooth.  i only got to test this with a few matches last night before passing out so i could have just gotten lucky. give it a shot and see what happens. 

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By HydraHam

I have only played twice online with some friends and didn't notice any lag, i only have 2 complaints about this game.

1. The texture popping at the beginning, but that isn't a big deal i mean even gears has it yet nobody complains about that, but they will shit on brink for it.
    2. The bots, not so much the enemy bots because they seem to peel my head back in 2 shots after about 2 minutes but my teammate bots are completely fucking useless, they rarely kill enemies the only bots that are helpful are the medic ones.

Other then that the game runs fine, it's fun and i don't see all this lag or bugs everyone is harping on.

kartanaold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kartanaold

The lag drives me to the BRINK of despair! 

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By MetalBaofu

Yeah....pretty much unplayable.   I think if I could get into a decent match I might actually enjoy the game some.  There are moments when I was having fun as a heavy engineer with a LMG, putting out mines and turrets.   Then the lag kicks in and there is no fun left to be had.  Only way I can really play any is to go solo with bots, which really sucks because I hate playing with bots.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @metalhead87 said:
    " Yeah....pretty much unplayable.   I think if I could get into a decent match I might actually enjoy the game some.  There are moments when I was having fun as a heavy engineer with a LMG, putting out mines and turrets.   Then the lag kicks in and there is no fun left to be had.  Only way I can really play any is to go solo with bots, which really sucks because I hate playing with bots. "
    Have you tried freeplay? That seems to work. Sadly the lag is bad. NOrmaly I wait till the host drops and I am made the host. And since I have FIOS i host great. 
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By grilledcheez

Other than a few matches, it's completely unplayable.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @metalhead87 said:
    " Yeah....pretty much unplayable.   I think if I could get into a decent match I might actually enjoy the game some.  There are moments when I was having fun as a heavy engineer with a LMG, putting out mines and turrets.   Then the lag kicks in and there is no fun left to be had.  Only way I can really play any is to go solo with bots, which really sucks because I hate playing with bots. "
    Have you tried freeplay? That seems to work. Sadly the lag is bad. NOrmaly I wait till the host drops and I am made the host. And since I have FIOS i host great.  "
    Yup...tried all the modes.  Haven't tried changing to "competition" settings or whatever it's called.  I've seen some people saying that can help.  Matches usually start out ok, but after a minute or two lag starts to come in bursts, then it's a struggle from then on. Once the lag gets bad enough all the human players just leave.  Last couple matches I tried to get in before I quit  there was no players.  It just kept putting me in matches by myself with a bunch of bots.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @metalhead87 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @metalhead87 said:
    Have you tried freeplay? That seems to work. Sadly the lag is bad. NOrmaly I wait till the host drops and I am made the host. And since I have FIOS i host great.  "
    Yup...tried all the modes.  Haven't tried changing to "competition" settings or whatever it's called.  I've seen some people saying that can help.  Matches usually start out ok, but after a minute or two lag starts to come in bursts, then it's a struggle from then on. Once the lag gets bad enough all the human players just leave.  Last couple matches I tried to get in before I quit  there was no players.  It just kept putting me in matches by myself with a bunch of bots. "
    Again it mostly is people with crap connections being picked to host. 
    MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @metalhead87 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @metalhead87 said:
    Yup...tried all the modes.  Haven't tried changing to "competition" settings or whatever it's called.  I've seen some people saying that can help.  Matches usually start out ok, but after a minute or two lag starts to come in bursts, then it's a struggle from then on. Once the lag gets bad enough all the human players just leave.  Last couple matches I tried to get in before I quit  there was no players.  It just kept putting me in matches by myself with a bunch of bots. "
    Again it mostly is people with crap connections being picked to host.  "
    Whatever it is, it's a problem and one that I have never really had with other games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.