Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

If they made a sequel to brink what would you want to see?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Today I bought brink for 12 bucks, and even though I enjoyed it I see why people was disappointed in the game. The story seem like it could have been interesting but it wasn't really developed. The objective style matches can get boring and lacked variety. There's not enough maps and the game seem to have technical issues. The good thing about the game was the customization. The gameplay itself was pretty fun too. But I feel like this game had alot of potential. It felt different from other shooters but they should have came up with more ideas.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By clstirens

What system and where did you find it for $12?

What I'd like to see is a more optimized netcode (God damn, that game was laggy on consoles for... as long as I can remember) and engine. Also, I'd like to see the gun play become a bit more responsive, it's not that the enemies take too many bullets, not at all. It just didn't always feel like your shots were connecting (hell, maybe they weren't..)

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheHumanDove

Nothing. Brink was shit

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeGosot

A good game.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaggE

I want it to be called "The Brinkquel".

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

@clstirens said:

What system and where did you find it for $12?

What I'd like to see is a more optimized netcode (God damn, that game was laggy on consoles for... as long as I can remember) and engine. Also, I'd like to see the gun play become a bit more responsive, it's not that the enemies take too many bullets, not at all. It just didn't always feel like your shots were connecting (hell, maybe they weren't..)

I got it on the ps3 at my local game store GameReaction. I bought this game and timeshift.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By clstirens

@falserelic: Dang, I was kinda hoping you'd say PC download.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Phatmac

no.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falserelic

I know most of you guys hate this game I can't blame you guys. If I paid 60 bucks for this and If I was hyped for it. I probably would have been pissed off too. But if the developers looks at the negative feedback, and takes them into consideration maybe the next game might be good.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder
    • Less focus on multiplayer.
    • A story that isn't just buried away behind several menu layers.
    • Improvement in graphical fidelity that does justice to the beautiful art direction.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By thatfrood

I would not like to see a sequel to brink.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I wanna see what happened after they presumably graduated. Does Brink still skate for fun? Did he ever regret not going pro? Are him and Gabriella married? These are the questions I need answers to.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cloudenvy

As others have said: I would not like to see a sequel to Brink. It wouldn't even make sense to do it, putting the Brink name on it would probably only hurt the product.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yinstarrunner

A singleplayer campaign, More maps, and a playerbase.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By razkazz

A realistic marketing campaign that doesn't give everyone insanely false hopes. I love Brink for the content it has, everyone hates it for the things they expected it to have; and I can't blame them because the marketing completely overpromised on the singleplayer and story front, esentially murdering their own product.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By MariachiMacabre

A different game.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Brink had a good base, the core mechanics allowed for a lot of unique strategies in multiplayer. It was a unique experience, much better than the banal experiences that a lot of shooters continue to provide. The thing is, the matchmaking and lag was HOLY BATMAN TERRIBLE.

Also there wasn't enough variety in the gametypes and a singleplayer with the traversal mechanics would be a blast. The guns never felt all that powerful, they lacked a certain punch, they could work on fixing that.

So more maps, varied gametypes, a singleplayer, and remove the ridiculous lag. Brink has a lot of potential, I would love a sequel.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

I guess I'll put my ideas down.

1. The story needed to be developed and characters.

2. The campaign needs alot of improvement more variety and needs to feel different from multiplayer .

3. More game modes more maps

4. Fix the technical issues and polish the game up

5. Overall they need more content in the game

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bellmont42

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory 2 :P

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ozzdog12

To answer your question,Yes with an actual proper campaign this time. I enjoyed the game for what it was, but after a month all my friends and I either traded it in or never touched it again.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By pweidman

There was so much wrong with Brink it's hard to know even where to start. So much developer talent and design ambition, to then end up so hollow, disfunctional, and just bad. Just let this one die would be my advice.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By valrog

People that would play it.

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4el

@falserelic said:

Today I bought brink for 12 bucks, and even though I enjoyed it I see why people was disappointed in the game. The story seem like it could have been interesting but it wasn't really developed. The objective style matches can get boring and lacked variety. There's not enough maps and the game seem to have technical issues. The good thing about the game was the customization. The gameplay itself was pretty fun too. But I feel like this game had alot of potential. It felt different from other shooters but they should have came up with more ideas.

-Complete abandonment of that stupid hybrid campaign/PVP thing they tried to do

-Weapons actually unlocked in the mode I want to use them in

-More emphasis on traversal, what was there was fun but it needed to be embraced more

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

I really liked this game in spite of it's flaws and would love to see Splash Damage get a shot at a sequel. To me it had a great sense of style, deep player customisation, an interesting narrative and some brilliant ideas.

TRSJabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TRSJabber

I loved Brink's art direction and character customization. They got that right. The terrible lag issues kept a lot of players away so even though I bought the game on PC at launch, I never had more than a few real players in my games. The rest of the characters were bots which are never fun to play with or against. I can't count how many times two bots of opposing factions would be standing beside each other shooting at other targets instead of each other. A sequel would have to correct that because seeing it happen was such a buzz kill.

I think if the launch had not been so bumpy, the game had a good chance of attracting an audience that would have enjoyed the gameplay and might have captured a long-standing fan base. I launched the game a few months ago and could not find a single person playing on PC. It was just me. Sadly, I have now uninstalled the game.

I would like to see a sequel have a full, single-player campaign. With the already-great visual style, a campaign with little sandboxes like Crysis 2 that permitted a player to approach a situation in a variety of ways given their play style and character type could be fun. I realize, though, that would mean the multiplayer aspect would be gone, which part of the whole point of Brink. I guess I'd just like to see Brink's art direction, style, and environment traversal used on a single-player shooter. Doesn't even have to be a Brink sequel.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want Splash Damage to make another ET, like they should have done. Also first person spec and the ability to change body types mid-game.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karl_Boss

A half way decent game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.