Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

Only £7.98 in the UK

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

http://www.game.co.uk/brink/

Unfortunately this is the retail copy and not a digital download but, as the game is steamworks integrated, I imagine you can just enter the serial code that comes with it into Steam if you like to keep your collection all in one place as I do.

Was curious about this game for a while and, at that price, you can't really go wrong.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Brians

Bad Game Don't Buy

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

Still seems about £7.98 too much.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Gav47

Multiplayer is dead, check the steam stats.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scarace360

game is dead.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vitor

@Gav47 said:

Multiplayer is dead, check the steam stats.

Really? Not even a small community still sticking to it? There's a free DLC map pack coming soon, hoping that brings back some players or I just wasted £7.98.... Hardly bought it for the singeplayer that's for sure :|

EDIT: Yeesh, it's not even in the top 100 games played - must be less than 400 players a day

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Evilsbane

Yea dude, you don't think there is a reason a ....60 dollar game dropping to (14 dollars?) that fast isn't a bit crazy?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Sigh. This game looked so cool before it was out. It's a sad thing to see a game die so quickly, no matter how shitty it was, people still put time and effort into making it.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vitor

@Evilsbane said:

Yea dude, you don't think there is a reason a ....60 dollar game dropping to (14 dollars?) that fast isn't a bit crazy?

Far worse games still have devoted multiplayer communities, even if just small ones. Will I at least be able to find the odd game or is it really that dead that literally noone is playing?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Vitor: From what I hear, it's literally impossible to join games with the max number of players, you'll usually only get a handful.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Evilsbane

@Vitor: Hope you like bots...

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vitor

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Vitor: From what I hear, it's literally impossible to join games with the max number of players, you'll usually only get a handful.

Had no idea it was that bad - just cancelled my order. Tight on money as is and would rather have that go towards something like From Dust when it gets released on PC instead.

Major bummer. Really liked the look of a lot of the ideas they were trying to implement in this game.

Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
    semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By semicolon1twlev2
    @Vitor said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

Had no idea it was that bad - just cancelled my order. Tight on money as is and would rather have that go towards something like From Dust when it gets released on PC instead.

Major bummer. Really liked the look of a lot of the ideas they were trying to implement in this game.

If you're playing PC, you can search for servers.  Sadly, there's only ten or so with more than three people in them, but those with people have a dedicated player base, so you'll almost always be able to play with others.  Still, it's no huge hit, or anything.

I enjoy the game, and I really hope Bethesda or Splash Damage or whoever is controlling marketing for it will be smart and put it on a Steam sale soon, especially with the promise of free DLC...  That should add in a handful of new people, I pray.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By WickedCestus

That's about 18 pounds too many! 

Ha!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.