Double Fine Kickstarter enters the final countdown.

• 66 results
#1 Posted by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

As of right now, there's less than twenty-four hours to go until the window to pledge money toward Double Fine's adventure game closes. If you were planning to pledge and haven't yet, or you have but you wish to modify your pledge, you're coming up on your last chance. In other news, there's a chance that the Kickstarter might just hit the three million dollar mark before the deadline, March 13th at 5:00 Pacific time.

Ladies and gentlemen, the final countdown has begun.

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I should probably give them more money.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

IT'S THE FI-

@Hailinel said:

Uh...

This was all I was left with.

#4 Posted by CornBREDX (4755 posts) -

I pledged 100$ already. I'm set.  
I'm actually just as excited for the documentary as I am for the game itself.

#5 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

I hate that you preempted any and all future Final Countdown jokes.

#6 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Just pledged $100. I am a sucker for making of documentaries.... and Tim Schafer...... but that's another story.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

#8 Posted by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@DonChipotle said:

It couldn't be helped.

#9 Posted by ThatFrood (3373 posts) -

They said that there's gonna be a livestream of the offices as the countdown closes. Kinda hoping some giantbomb dudes show up, considering how often the double fine guys show up in Giantbomb livestreams.

#10 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

The latest update was SO funny:

I was like "hhmmm I THINK I wanna see this documentary?" and yeah, after seeing this I definately do.

#11 Posted by 1337W422102 (1003 posts) -

brb making paypal account

#12 Posted by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

Less than $50,000 to $3 million with less than seventeen hours to go. Can they pull it off?

#13 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I almost forgot but I didn't.

I helped.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

I would really like to donate but...uh.. I kind want Yakuza this week and Ninja Gaiden 3 next week along with the Muppets Blu-ray. Tons of stuff I wanna spend money on... not a whole lot of extra money....and I'll most likely be ok with just getting it on steam after it releases anyways.

#15 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

@CornBREDX said:

I pledged 100$ already. I'm set. I'm actually just as excited for the documentary as I am for the game itself.

Same here. I wonder how the special mention in the credits is gonna work. If they actually include all 9000+ of us in there that would be awesome.

#16 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

When did they change what you get for pledging?

#17 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba shortly after they broke a mil and the scope of the game changed I think.

I just updated from $15 to $100, cursed late night pangs of consumerism! It was the European Payment Option video that did me in.
#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

Cool, I guess I'll have to make sure to check the page closer towards the countdown to see if I can catch that livestream, I'm pretty satisfied with the 30$ I pledged though. Given the quality of those update videos I'm getting kinda excited about the documentary. I mean, sure, I always knew I wanted to see it, but now I can practically taste it.

It would be cool if they would hit 3 million before it ended I guess, but as things are now it seems very likely so while I'm glad that they're doing well, at the moment I'm more concerned about that other Kickstarter Project I'm supporting (Shameless plugging of the shamelessness+1). That one is a way harder sell.

#19 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

$5,000 has been donated in like 15 minutes. At this rate, they'll easily break 3 million.

#20 Posted by Harpell (146 posts) -

I finally broke down and went for the $100 donation. I'm a sucker for nice boxes for my games...and t-shirts.

#21 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Like, 6 thousand to go.

Also, you are a terrible person for posting that song. Not as terrible as the people who wrote it, though.

#22 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

If we are to believe one of the comments on the kickstarter page, the extra-super-premium pledges haven't been/can't be taken into account. Apparently they're already past 3.1 million.

#23 Posted by selbie (1835 posts) -

Wow, with 13 hours to go this will easily break the $3M mark. I wish I could watch the live stream and see their expressions. It would be so damn fun to be a Double Fine developer right now.

#24 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

Anyone know if there's a graph out there charting this thing? It seems like in the last few hours there's been an influx of pledges.

#25 Posted by Mutley (300 posts) -

Do you still see the documentary if you pledge $15 or do you have to give $30.

#26 Posted by selbie (1835 posts) -

And there it is....that was quick 0__o

#27 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Congratulations, Double Fine.

#28 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I sense a huge donation in the final minutes.

#29 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2375 posts) -

I could only afford 15 bucks. I reallly wanted to pay 100. But that means no food for a week and I need that to live. Also dammit VGK!

#30 Edited by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

@Mutley said:

Do you still see the documentary if you pledge $15 or do you have to give $30.

You still see the doc, but at $30 you get to download the series in HD.

#31 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

As of right now, there's less than twenty-four hours to go until the window to pledge money toward Double Fine's adventure game closes. If you were planning to pledge and haven't yet, or you have but you wish to modify your pledge, you're coming up on your last chance. In other news, there's a chance that the Kickstarter might just hit the three million dollar mark before the deadline, March 13th at 5:00 Pacific time.

Ladies and gentlemen, the final countdown has begun.

Needs more Gob.

#32 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (725 posts) -

We did it people. We saved adventure games.

#33 Posted by kagato (886 posts) -

We broke 3 million! Now i cant wait to get the log on for the backers forum and video diarys...

#34 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -

Thanks for the reminder, still have to get in on this...

#35 Posted by selbie (1835 posts) -

The fuck?!? $50,000 in the last 4 hours?!

Tim you classy whore you

#36 Posted by mrcraggle (1800 posts) -
#37 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

We did it people. We saved adventure games.

Fuck, well thats going on my tomb stone.

#38 Posted by eccentrix (1484 posts) -

@EVO said:

@CornBREDX said:

I pledged 100$ already. I'm set. I'm actually just as excited for the documentary as I am for the game itself.

Same here. I wonder how the special mention in the credits is gonna work. If they actually include all 9000+ of us in there that would be awesome.

I came here to ask about that. Do all 10,000+ of us get Giant Bomb pages?

#39 Posted by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

@eccentrix said:

@EVO said:

@CornBREDX said:

I came here to ask about that. Do all 10,000+ of us get Giant Bomb pages?

All credited individuals are eligible for wiki pages on Giant Bomb.

#40 Posted by mrcraggle (1800 posts) -

Watch them live. Brad is on!

#41 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

The live stream is kind of crappy quality. Hope it's archived.

#42 Posted by mrcraggle (1800 posts) -

@dudeglove: It's really low fps but it was even worse when going through the Kinect.

#43 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Donated $100. Hooray for Double Fine!

#44 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

I pitched 30$ last night. Pissed I couldn't afford the 100$ option, but hey that's college. I need to eat.

#45 Edited by mrcraggle (1800 posts) -

Brad Muir just got a $100 bet to diss Ryan David :P

Would like to know who said that

#46 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -

I'd help, but my grad school tuition isn't cheap.

#47 Posted by Cronus42 (274 posts) -

just witnessed Ron Gilbert put a shoe on his head for cash. This livestream is amazing, framerate be damned.

#48 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Tim just said he loved me! <3

#49 Posted by BisonHero (6054 posts) -

Shoe on head.

#50 Posted by mrcraggle (1800 posts) -
SHOE ON HEAD!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.