Here's the first episode of Double Fine Adventure documentary

#1 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

Now that I got you here know that you can still join the Double Fine Adventure backers, this time via PayPal for $15.00. They are leaving Kickstarter out of the picture and you'll get following stuff; game in any of the platforms you like, Steam code, access to the PC/Mac beta, HD streaming versions of the documentary series and access to the super secret backers only forums for following the development of the game. If you're interested in supporting (or preordering I guess) go to http://www.doublefine.com/dfa/.

And here is the video I was talking about:

#2 Posted by Tonyyj (141 posts) -

That was intriguing and inspiring. They have my $15 now.

#3 Posted by BisonHero (6532 posts) -

I'm liking the documentary so far. The one weird part is that some of the tracks are straight out of Dustforce, since the composer from Dustforce is working on this project. Maybe he doesn't have a big enough music portfolio lying around to be able to use entirely new music in the documentary or something.

#4 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

Not much new here, but it's a really nice summary of what happened so far. I'm really looking forward to their first discussions about what the actual game is going to be.

#5 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

Do Tim Schafer run for The Golden Duder Award? If not, he should.

#6 Edited by Tonyyj (141 posts) -

@BisonHero: I read somewhere that he didn't have time to make new material for the first episode so he remixed previous work.

EDIT: had 'he' and 'didn't' mixed up in wrong order. weird.

#7 Posted by BisonHero (6532 posts) -

@Tonyyj: Yeah, it's not bad or anything. It's just jarring, since I played like 10 hours of Dustforce a few months ago, so when I hear those same melodies but slightly remixed, it keeps distracting me and making me think of the game.

#8 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

This was great. I don't think a lot of people know that they can still back this project. I also don't know that most people realize if they give them their $15 they get the game. Seems like a good investment to me.

#9 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

I'm liking the documentary so far. The one weird part is that some of the tracks are straight out of Dustforce, since the composer from Dustforce is working on this project. Maybe he doesn't have a big enough music portfolio lying around to be able to use entirely new music in the documentary or something.

Heh, I thought some of that sounded familiar.

#10 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1665 posts) -

@emem said:

Not much new here, but it's a really nice summary of what happened so far. I'm really looking forward to their first discussions about what the actual game is going to be.

There's a bit in episode 2. Enough to get me pretty excited.

#11 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Great episode! Glad I bought in.

For those who don't know, 2Player did the first series of the Penny Arcade documentary, which is equally great even if you're not much of a fan.

#12 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@emem said:

There's a bit in episode 2. Enough to get me pretty excited.

Yeah, what he did say seemed like it had potential at least. We'll have to see what Double Fine can do with it.

#13 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Tim Schafer reminds me of Zach Galifianakis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.