Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Broken Age

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jan 14, 2014

A point-and-click adventure game from Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions, and the first huge success story for a game on Kickstarter, which firmly put Kickstarter on the map as a source for games funding.

Just thought of something...

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By supermonkey122

As you probably know, Double Fine raised over a million bucks for a new point and click adventure game, and Notch (creator of Minecraft) offered to donate some money for Double Fine to make a Psychonauts 2, and I thought maybe the game will be a Psychonauts point-and-click adventure game? Just a thought.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

If this point-and-click adventure does turn out to be Psychonauts 2, I think a lot of Psychonauts fans would be very upset.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm gonna fucking puke

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By supermonkey122

Well, I probably wouldn't play it if it turned out this way, but it may be a possibility.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That would be sad, Psychonauts shouldn't be a point-and-click adventure. I think the fans of the first game would be in an uproar if that happened.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

Tim said via twitter that 100% of this game is being funded via kickstarter. so i doubt it.

bbad6394 Kickstarter is the only thing funding that project.
    supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By supermonkey122

@Dagbiker said:

Tim said via twitter that 100% of this game is being funded via kickstarter. so i doubt it.

Oh, ok.

And to the other people, I never said I wanted this to happen, infact I would be pretty pissed if it did, but I just thought it may happen

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#8  Edited By Lazyaza

No the notch funded game and kickstarter funded game are completely separate projects. Their hasn't even been any confirmation that notch ended up giving them that money after they took the discussion off twitter, business realities of the matter n all.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By project343

@supermonkey122: See, two factoids that you're missing:

1) Ron Gilbert. He's been with Double Fine since Fall 2010, working on his own game--apparently one that old-school adventure fans would enjoy. My thoughts are that he's been writing and concepting an adventure game, and Shafer is now grabbing a whole team to start producing it with the help of this donation.

2) The accompanying video proposal that 2PlayerProductions created conflicts with the Notch twitter updates. Notch and the whole twitter fiasco happened only days before this whole Kickstarter thing went live. The video released with this announcement was long, filmed on site, and looked to have a fair bit of a editing put into it. Taking into account, I'd say this whole ordeal began several months ago, at the very least.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowConqueror

My girlfriend loves Psychonauts, I can't wait to hear her reaction to this. She hates you.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By chrissedoff

I would have preferred Psychonauts as a point-and-click adventure. That Meat Circus level was pretty crap.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShaggE

Two great tastes that would taste like deep-fried pizzaspheres dipped in shit together.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dagbiker

@ShaggE said:

Two great tastes that would taste like deep-fried pizzaspheres dipped in shit together.

No Caption Provided

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@project343 said:

@supermonkey122: See, two factoids that you're missing:

1) Ron Gilbert. He's been with Double Fine since Fall 2010, working on his own game--apparently one that old-school adventure fans would enjoy. My thoughts are that he's been writing and concepting an adventure game, and Shafer is now grabbing a whole team to start producing it with the help of this donation.

2) The accompanying video proposal that 2PlayerProductions created conflicts with the Notch twitter updates. Notch and the whole twitter fiasco happened only days before this whole Kickstarter thing went live. The video released with this announcement was long, filmed on site, and looked to have a fair bit of a editing put into it. Taking into account, I'd say this whole ordeal began several months ago, at the very least.

It's my understanding that Ron Gilbert's game is a separate entity from the Kickstarter project.

Also, the video that was put together wasn't that complex, nor was it that long. They could have put something like that together in the span of a single day.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Dagbiker said:

bbad6394 Kickstarter is the only thing funding that project.

Well, Notch donated to Kickstater, so technically he is helping to fund it.

Edit: No, I don't think it's Psychonauts 2.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By mikemcn

I kinda hope They only use the original 400,000 in making the game as they intended, and then spend the rest of the money padding it out with absolute nonsense.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By project343

@Hailinel: Shafer has specifically cited Gilbert's involvement in this adventure game several times--both on Twitter and on the video. Moreover, I'm going to disagree with the video. It was clearly scripted, deals had to be made, and I'm sure at least a conference or two took place to figure out exactly how 2PlayerProductions would cover the whole thing. Especially when you consider their other involvements.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By SlightConfuse

Ron Gilbert's game is a differnt thing than the kickstarter project. Also the kcikstarter thing had to be planed in advance, the notch thing was just a coincidence.

Im i the only one who does not want psychonauts 2, the first one stand on its own.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By lord_canti

he said that it would need to raise another 90 million on his twitter the other day

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Phatmac

It's most defiantly a new IP. That's also a terrible idea. That would alienate people that liked the first game by making it too different. Think these kinds of thing through duder.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By mosdl

@Mikemcn said:

I kinda hope They only use the original 400,000 in making the game as they intended, and then spend the rest of the money padding it out with absolute nonsense.

Use the million to buy the Maniac Mansion name from LucasArts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.