Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Browser

Platform »

Browser-based games are typically platform-independent pieces of software that run directly in the same application you use to read this web page.

Let's Create a List of Browser Games for the Database!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

Alright, now that browser games are finally acceptable in the wiki, I think it's about time to create a list of games we would like to see included in the database. Having a thread like this will be an easy way to keep track of which articles still have yet to be written. Make sure that when you're suggesting games that you keep these guidelines in mind:

Guidelines for Inclusion - it benefits a game if it can meet one or more of these criteria.

• Games that are played on their own domain
    • Games that have been discussed in an editorial capacity
    • Games that have been developed by designers already included in the Giant Bomb database for their work on other, more traditional platforms.
    • Games that have cards giving points/ or money.

I'll start off with some games that I think should be added to the database:

The Grow series.
    Meat Boy.
    One Chance.
    JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By JJGIANT

Wait, you can add browser games to the wiki now? I thought the guys specifically debunked that idea, saying there are waaaaay to many browser games to try and maintain, with thousands getting put out each day.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

Alright I'm going to anchor this because there is now a massive 350 point wiki task for working on the Browser platform page.

Also, and this is very important, DO NOT EDIT THE TEXT ON THE PLATFORM PAGE! ESPECIALLY THE RULES!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

....that page is going to flippin' huge.  O_______O

What counts and what doesn't count?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
    @StarFoxA: Yes, I found it on Destructoid.  Both of them...and then on that awful Gawker site for games.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @StarFoxA: Yes, I found it on Destructoid.  Both of them...and then on that awful Gawker site for games. "
    Well, does it mean "editorial capacity" as in on Giant Bomb, or "editorial capacity" in general?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn

Well if meat boy is in there then I submit Fancy Pants Adventures 1 And 2, they've been mentioned in relation to the xbox live fancy pants game. 

pikeplacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By pikeplacer

FrontierVill seems logical.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Mikemcn said:
    " Well if meat boy is in there then I submit Fancy Pants Adventures 1 And 2, they've been mentioned in relation to the xbox live fancy pants game.  "
    Meat Boy and Fancy Pants 1 and 2 are up. I don't know the exact release date for the Fancy Pants games because Armor Games doesn't show that information, but I'm sure someone will figure it out.

I've also created Alien Hominid. Are there any other Flash games that were later made into full console games?
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#11  Edited By Brackynews

After some quick mod and power-user queries (plus it finally got a Wikipedia entry too), I'm adding Abobo's Big Adventure with a subheading for Aboboy's Small Adventure, the by-donation downloadable game. It should be a fun little page.

Unlike Retro City Rampage, A.B.E. is unlikely to see a commercial release (and the devs say as much) given the amount of Nintendo fan service. But I'd argue that it has the production values necessary, and the pair of devs has the potential to do much bigger original games. There's no escaping parody and Newgrounds games in the wiki... and we need more than just PETA games. (Though there should be something reasonable done to index the growing catalogue of PETA properties *cringe*.)

Notable editorial coverage:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.