Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bruce Campbell

Person » credited in 14 games

Known as the "B-Movie King," Bruce Campbell provides his voice acting skills to video games as well as television and film.

Why Does Jeff Hate Bruce Campbell References Made After 1997?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By insouciant

In Jeff Gerstmann's wiki page, there is a long list of things that he hates. One of them is Bruce Campbell references made after 1997. Why?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero
    @insouciant I assume it has something to do with Duke Nukem 3D coming out in 1996, and that was the last time that sort of humour worked? The podcast where they just tear into how sad and depressing the writing was in Duke Nukem Forever is one of my favourite Bombcasts ever.
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By oraknabo

Because referencing someone else's joke is one of the lamest forms of humor and after it's been done 1000 times by every idiot in the world it gets old fast. Remember when everyone was quoting Austin Powers all of the time? Now imagine an FPS main character that only said lines from Austin Powers. Now imagine people still doing it 10 and 20 years later.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

There was awhile where the Bruce Campbell/Evil Dead fandom on the internet was fairly irritating, it's mostly gone now; at least until the new movie comes out, then it will be an altogether different kind of annoying.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Kidavenger
    The new movie has nothing to do with the memetic Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness, so doubtful. Unless you suspect tree rape jokes will become all the rage.
    Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#6  Edited By Kidavenger

@Ghostiet: nope, I think that all the people that were crazy about Ash 10-15 years ago are going to start coming out of the woodwork after they see the new movie with enough vitriol to make comments on a DMC review look like kindergarten nap time.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Kidavenger
    Once again, I doubt it, since it's the remake of the first film which not only wasn't funny, but also wasn't good at all. So far the response has been positive, even if a lot of people (including me) began to foam at the mouth after Diablo fucking Cody got involved.
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MiniPato

Jeff just hates memes in general. And usually, if something has a crazy popular following or fandom behind it, he'll most likely hate it. I think Ryan put it best when he said to Jeff, "You don't hate stuff, you hate it when people love stuff."

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Maybe cause he's not a fan of Burn Notice?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By McShank

@Kidavenger said:

@Ghostiet: nope, I think that all the people that were crazy about Ash 10-15 years ago are going to start coming out of the woodwork after they see the new movie with enough vitriol to make comments on a DMC review look like kindergarten nap time.

I can see it now. The movie comes out and it has nothing to do with the original 3 movies, When suddenly Walmart makes a massive news break over every news station to announce that the name Walmart was just a hoax and its real name was S-Mart and instead of the Roll Back being their theme, it will then become "shop smart, shop S-Mart!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.