Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

Final Thoughts on Brütal Legend

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By simian

This morning I inadvertently finished the game. The lead up to the final battle was so anti-climatic that I didn't realize it was over until the end pre-rendered began. I doubt I'll play it again apart from picking up any easy achievements since the RTS portion is so aggravating. In fact it would be a safe bet that this disc wont be sitting beside Pyschonauts in my library.
    And yet...
    Despite all my misgivings about portions of the game play, I did feel a little stirring in my chest during the end sequence. Most of the characters are genuinely likable and voiced (if under used e.g  Doviculus) and storyline had a nice progression.
    If only the RTS portion had been aborted in the planning stages...

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By simian

This morning I inadvertently finished the game. The lead up to the final battle was so anti-climatic that I didn't realize it was over until the end pre-rendered began. I doubt I'll play it again apart from picking up any easy achievements since the RTS portion is so aggravating. In fact it would be a safe bet that this disc wont be sitting beside Pyschonauts in my library.
    And yet...
    Despite all my misgivings about portions of the game play, I did feel a little stirring in my chest during the end sequence. Most of the characters are genuinely likable and voiced (if under used e.g  Doviculus) and storyline had a nice progression.
    If only the RTS portion had been aborted in the planning stages...

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

I said this game looks like it'll only be good for the story and you GiantBomb FAGS got all up in my grillz. I want an apology :( 

Anyway, looks like a lot of people share your sentiments so yeah. Shame that.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ghostiet

I actually like the RTS elements so far. A bit chaotic, but I don't think it's the controls fault - Sacrifice had a similar concept, was mouse-based and the battles were even more batshit, so I'm cool with that.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Brunchies

That really sucks that what ruined the game was the RTS element. I now wonder how good of an adventure game would be made if Double Fine and Telltale team up to make one.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo

I liked the RTS elements. Yes, they are basic, but you can't exactly have majorly complex RTS on a console.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

The game is still good, but in my opinion, it would have been much better without the RTS element.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By bwooduhs

I would have preffered a hack and slash game to RTS. But i still enjoyed it.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Actually the game was meant to be a straight up RTS from the get-go.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

Yes, the story is way too short and I had to consciously put down the game over and over because I 'knew' the end would creep up on me unexpectedly. Even then it came too quickly.

The RTS elements are just fine and in fact I was hoping to build up the Drowning Doom like you put together IronHeade as a way to extend the story, but that never happened.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By simian

I found myself rolling around doing secondary missions just to avoid the frustration of the RTS.
    I can appreciate the attempt at the hybrid but they definitely missed the mark by a loooooot. It was like RTS-lite groomed for the console but lacking some of the necessities like decent unit management. I really could have used an ALL TROOPS button since every fight pretty much became a mob battle with me spamming buffs and face melter.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Ghostiet
    @MrKlorox said:
    " Yes, the story is way too short and I had to consciously put down the game over and over because I 'knew' the end would creep up on me unexpectedly. Even then it came too quickly.  The RTS elements are just fine and in fact I was hoping to build up the Drowning Doom like you put together IronHeade as a way to extend the story, but that never happened. "

A Drowning Doom DLC campaign? SOLD!

Seriously, a campaign about the Black Tear Rebellion would be awesome, though I don't know how this could fit the canon.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By simian
    @Ghostiet said:
    A Drowning Doom DLC campaign? SOLD!

Seriously, a campaign about the Black Tear Rebellion would be awesome, though I don't know how this could fit the canon.

"
    That's what DLC is for though I'm not sure if EA will see fit to release content for the singe player campaign.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.