Just finished Brutal Legend.

Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

So I just finished Brutal Legend on Brutal difficulty and I have to say it was a damn good game and as a metal head I loved hearing and seeing all of my favorite songs and art from albums, the whole concept and story behind the game was great. 
 Some people have complained about to many things happening at once and can be a little difficult but I never found once that I had to many things happening or that the game tried to be to many things as once, yeah I admit the game was hard at times and made me want to smash my controller but that was because of faults in my tactics used during the RTS points in the game. 

Anyways I loved the story and the characters especially Eddie Riggs who was played by Jack Black who I think did an awesome job on the voice. 
I would recommend this game to anyone but you should probably play on normal if you don't want to rip your hair out. 
Check it out, great stuff.

#1 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

So I just finished Brutal Legend on Brutal difficulty and I have to say it was a damn good game and as a metal head I loved hearing and seeing all of my favorite songs and art from albums, the whole concept and story behind the game was great. 
 Some people have complained about to many things happening at once and can be a little difficult but I never found once that I had to many things happening or that the game tried to be to many things as once, yeah I admit the game was hard at times and made me want to smash my controller but that was because of faults in my tactics used during the RTS points in the game. 

Anyways I loved the story and the characters especially Eddie Riggs who was played by Jack Black who I think did an awesome job on the voice. 
I would recommend this game to anyone but you should probably play on normal if you don't want to rip your hair out. 
Check it out, great stuff.

#2 Posted by papercut (3499 posts) -

Yes, my thoughts exactly 

And thank god Jack Black has the restraint to not just make Brutal Legend the Jack Black game.

#3 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

Agreed, I think it's easier to overlook the problems it does have if you are a fan of metal. In either case, it's a great game. I'm currently in the process of getting the last two achievements for it.

#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

The cynical critic in me wanted to call this game mediocre and run of the mill, but it really is hard to when you're actually playing it. Yeah, some of the controls and just the gameplay in general is a bit screwy.  

But damn it, it is still fun.
#5 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

I had fun with the game, I just wish it was longer =/ The game was wayy wayy to short :(

#6 Posted by MB (12418 posts) -
#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -
@Xeiphyer said:
" I had fun with the game, I just wish it was longer =/ The game was wayy wayy to short :( "
Yep thats one thing I do agree with, the game was way to short. 

@MB said:
" Moving... please read this. Thanks. "
I always always forget to put the topic in the right location until after I create it, I'll remember from now on, pinky swear.
#8 Posted by jNerd (2012 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:

"So I just finished Brutal Legend on Brutal difficulty and I have to say it was a damn good game and as a metal head I loved hearing and seeing all of my favorite songs and art from albums, the whole concept and story behind the game was great.  Some people have complained about to many things happening at once and can be a little difficult but I never found once that I had to many things happening or that the game tried to be to many things as once, yeah I admit the game was hard at times and made me want to smash my controller but that was because of faults in my tactics used during the RTS points in the game.  Anyways I loved the story and the characters especially Eddie Riggs who was played by Jack Black who I think did an awesome job on the voice. I would recommend this game to anyone but you should probably play on normal if you don't want to rip your hair out. Check it out, great stuff. "

I agree! The story was fantastic, original, and most importantly very fun.
I also agree that I never really felt overwhelmed during battles or any part of the game, it was setup very well.
Ryan’s assertion that the gameplay ”suffers from being a jack of all trades and master of none” never really resonated with me, I enjoyed the total package.  
The only weak-point, I felt, was how repetitive the side-quests became after awhile. I really didn’t enjoy the ‘Car Tower-Shooting’ defensive side-quests.
I also agree that the only spots of the game that made me really frustrated where the RTS battles & that’s my fault tactically.
I’m going to finish unlocking the legends, solos, jumps, buried metal, landmarks, and serpents.
Afterwards I’m going to try & plow through it on Brutal difficulty before I have to return it to Blockbuster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.