Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

Thoughts : Brütal Legend

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By simian

40% through the single player campaign and thoughts so far :

• I find myself enjoying some of the sight seeing, especially the view finder.
    • Not feeling the humor so far. I usually love Tim Schafer's / Double Fine's humor (I laughed a lot during Psychonauts) but the jokes feel forced. There's been a couple chuckles so far but they've few.
    • Initial Squad control : Cool it's Overlord... Wait now remember why I never finished it. Come to think of now I wish it had been more like Overlord.
    • RTS Introduction : SUPRISE!
    • Side Missions feel like an after thought and padding. Ambushes are getting old fast and racing / timed challenges aren't my thing.
    • Upgrade System puts a little meat back on the single player and so far has driven my to go through the secondary missions.
    • HUD / UI is sort of ... odd. Thanks for giving me a giant visual reminder of which d-pad direction maps to what command but I could really use some sort of visual for what my health level is before I'm almost dead.
    • Sounds + Music are a saving grace.
    This has the feel of an incomplete product. Not rushed (e.g buggy, missing features) but two separate products stitched together (with the single-player being the vestigial limb)
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By simian

40% through the single player campaign and thoughts so far :

• I find myself enjoying some of the sight seeing, especially the view finder.
    • Not feeling the humor so far. I usually love Tim Schafer's / Double Fine's humor (I laughed a lot during Psychonauts) but the jokes feel forced. There's been a couple chuckles so far but they've few.
    • Initial Squad control : Cool it's Overlord... Wait now remember why I never finished it. Come to think of now I wish it had been more like Overlord.
    • RTS Introduction : SUPRISE!
    • Side Missions feel like an after thought and padding. Ambushes are getting old fast and racing / timed challenges aren't my thing.
    • Upgrade System puts a little meat back on the single player and so far has driven my to go through the secondary missions.
    • HUD / UI is sort of ... odd. Thanks for giving me a giant visual reminder of which d-pad direction maps to what command but I could really use some sort of visual for what my health level is before I'm almost dead.
    • Sounds + Music are a saving grace.
    This has the feel of an incomplete product. Not rushed (e.g buggy, missing features) but two separate products stitched together (with the single-player being the vestigial limb)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.