So, this game just went offline after 7 months.

#1 Posted by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -

For those of you that don't know--which will be most of you--Bullet Run was a free to play FPS that was kinda sorta mediocre, but I thought I'd let you all know that it has ceased to be. Here's a statement from SoE.

It was certainly unpopular and a pretty crummy game. It was SoE, so, the micro-transactions were mostly disgusting. The player count was around 40 or so the last time I played, which was a couple of months ago. That in itself blew my mind.

I guess I shouldn't be so shocked that it has died so quickly, I haven't seen anyone talk about this game or report its end or anything!

So, I'm curious. Did you know about it? Did you play it? I am fascinated by its lack of exposure. It raises questions about this now-crowded genre. You only have to look at the Steam Game and Player Statistics to see that people play the same multiplayer games, both f2p and non-f2p, every single day. Who the fuck would want to play this game...

I Just feel bad for Acony Games (developer) I know that they've spent years making it under different names.

#2 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

I wasn't surprised at not hearing about this game, until the SoE part. Do they not like to promote their games? I did see a Planetside2 commercial the other day, but this game's existence (and death) is news to me

#3 Edited by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -

Ya see, that's pretty interesting.

One of the server closure reminders on the SoE site effectively says; go play Planetside2 instead.

#4 Edited by psylah (2161 posts) -

What the hell...

Games live and die by advertising, people.

#5 Posted by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -

I played one game of it, it was TERRIBLE

#6 Posted by Fearbeard (822 posts) -

Never even heard of it

#7 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Game looks like crap, so maybe don't make crap games?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.