Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

$60 price tag on PC means this is not a day 1 purchase for me

• 88 results
    ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ds8k

Anybody else in this same boat? I'm a fan of People Can Fly but lately Epic has been pulling some shady shit. This price tag was the final nail in the coffin for me. I'll get it on Steam when it goes on sale probably.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I don't think anyone buys PC games for 60 bucks, but then I saw that BLOPS was the top selling game for PC, and it made me sad.  I don't count SC2 as it isn't made by the greedy fucks at Activision.  

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By B0nd07

Thanks to how popular the consoles have become, more and more PC titles cost $60, especially ports.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H

I play games 6 months after they're released on PC.  There will almost always be a huge ass Steam sale where they are selling for cheap so I buy them and play them then instead of when new.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ViciousReiven

Suck it up, we always have to deal with this crap and you should too.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ds8k

Why should we deal with it? There's no form of licensing fee attached to PC gaming. People need to start voting with their wallet on things like this. Just because Activision got away with it doesn't mean everyone else can.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jimbo
    This probably isn't very helpful, but you can order it online in the UK for about $30.  So if I were you I just wouldn't buy it on principle.

@ViciousReiven said:
    " Suck it up, we always have to deal with this crap and you should too. "
    Nope.  There's no platform tax to pay on PC so he shouldn't have to "deal with this crap".  Maybe if you stopped sucking it up then you wouldn't have to deal with it either.
    DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DarkTravesty

considering consoles have nothing at all to do with pc game prices. one thing would be just general inflation shit cost more no matter what its for. either bend over and take it or don't play it at all.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ds8k
    @Jimbo said:
    " This probably isn't very helpful, but you can order it online in the UK for about $30.  So if I were you I just wouldn't buy it on principle."  
    I'm a Steam addict so like I said, I'll just wait for the Steam sale a few months down the road. 

@DarkTravesty
    said:
    " considering consoles have nothing at all to do with pc game prices. one thing would be just general inflation shit cost more no matter what its for. either bend over and take it or don't play it at all. "
    I don't believe that for a second. Activision knew that they could charge anything for MW2 and got away with it even with everyone bitching. Once other publishers saw the success they jumped on board. 
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By belaraphon

i figure a game company can charge $60 bucks because thats how much they think. if i like a game i am funding more games from that developer. games cost cash, devs need to be paid, its business. if you don't like is, send a letter to the publisher with you concerns and wait for the mark down.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
    @DarkTravesty: That would be a valid reason but Blizzard games have always been $60, if it was inflation...Blizzard should've raised their prices too.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pinworm45
    @DarkTravesty said:
    " considering consoles have nothing at all to do with pc game prices. one thing would be just general inflation shit cost more no matter what its for. either bend over and take it or don't play it at all. "
    Consoles have everything to do with it. The 10$ is a microsoft/sony fee. Also.. the choices aren't just bend over and take it or don't play at all. There's other options such as.. wait until the price is actually reasonable and then buy it. 

Or buy it 2 years later for 6.99$ on steam.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its pretty dumb that console and PC prices are on par now, especially considering the absence of a platform fee AND the fact that digital distribution means you don't have to produce PC discs.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beforet

I would not have bought this day one if it were $50. Or $40. I know these guys know their shit, and I loved Painkiller. But that's because I bought Painkiller for $10, and it will probably be the same in this case.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By monetarydread

well, i guess i am just going to have to wait to play bulletstorm. I just hope that, if the game fails to sell on PC, Epic doesn't blame piracy.
    Unproven IP from a B-tier developer ≠ $60 value on pc

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By ReyGitano

Games cost money to make, pirating takes away from profits, prices go up. Such is the way of the world.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toowalrus

It's good that your sticking to your guns, I guess, but you may be missing out on a great game because of it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Animasta

I'll definitely wait until the christmas sale for this one, to be sure

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#19  Edited By KillyDarko
    @Jimbo said:
    " This probably isn't very helpful, but you can order it online in the UK for about $30.  So if I were you I just wouldn't buy it on principle.

@ViciousReiven said:
    Nope.  There's no platform tax to pay on PC so he shouldn't have to "deal with this crap".  Maybe if you stopped sucking it up then you wouldn't have to deal with it either. "
    Pretty much this.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By FancySoapsMan

pirate it

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#21  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm not that interested in the game. I'm interested enough to put the game on my Steam wishlist, but not interested enough to pay more than 10.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By RsistncE
    @ViciousReiven said:

No we shouldn't. Prices for games should be higher on consoles because the publishers have to pay licencing fees to Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo etc. There are no licencing fees in that manner on the PC; publishers are only charging the same amount because they feel they can get away with it. 

@SlashseveN303 said:
    " Games cost money to make, pirating takes away from profits, prices go up. Such is the way of the world. "
    Well it didn't take long for the piracy excuse to be used. *Yawn* 

Additionally it would be helpful if people actually had at least a fundamental grasp of supply/demand economics before they started making ridiculous statements like this.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
    @RsistncE: In the defense of Blizzard they have been charging $60 since Diablo 2, so maybe the other companies just wanted some of that cash?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By JJOR64
    @ViciousReiven said:
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By clarke0

Fine to complain about provided you actually don't pay $60 for it at some point. People need to realize that publishers will continue to walk all over consumers as long as they know they can get away with it.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RsistncE
    @KaosAngel: That's exactly what it is. Publishers were always looking for a way to match up PC game prices with console game prices, it's one of the main reasons they would evoke the piracy boogeyman so much. Bad excuses pretty much.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aus_azn
    @KaosAngel said:
    " I don't think anyone buys PC games for 60 bucks, but then I saw that BLOPS was the top selling game for PC, and it made me sad.  I don't count SC2 as it isn't made by the greedy fucks at Activision.   "
    Theoretically, it is. I'm sure ActivisionBlizzard's marketing team told them to flog it for $60. But this did make me sad too.
    Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Obsidian

I didn't even buy StarCraft 2 day one.  This trend of $60 PC games needs to die.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

60$ is cheap, I pay 80$ for almost all my games -.-
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wickedsc3

That's a bummer, but you cant expect prices to stay the same forever.  Blizz's been doing it for awhile it only common sense that others would do it too.  I mean if i see that my competitor is able to get x price for x product, im sure as hell going to try it too.  Espically if i see all these other companys laying off people left and right which has been happening.  
    And im sure that pirating does affect the companys, and for some ppl to dismiss that is just stupid.  Once u add in all the factors it makes sense that prices will go up eventually.  Just be glad u have been getting them cheaper while it lasted. 

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Jayross

Okay, then don't.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gonmog
    @SlashseveN303
    Games cost money to make, pirating takes away from profits, prices go up. Such is the way of the world.
    Uggggggggg!!!!!! :( I'm sorry.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By captain_clayman

imma just rent this for xbox or ps3 and maybe buy it for PC when its on sale on steam for like 20-30 bucks

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Edwardryu
    @KaosAngel: wrong. tons of people still buy that. mostly they don't care price tag even overall PC game sale has been down. if you don't have clue, don't say that. once price went up, they easily get over it. you don't have any choice before going to discount. including me, waiting for that long time is killing myself. so I'd better get that full price. if you ditch amazon.com, you can find lower price as well. for example, dead space 2 ($60) is now $42 or $41. 
    cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cyraxible

Saying piracy takes away from profits is one of the most propagated misconceptions about piracy. It's not profits lost if they never intended to buy it and they're not taking a unit from someone who would.  

fastidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fastidious

Yeah, 60 bucks means it's a Day 1 download instead

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rockanomics
    @cyraxible said:
    " Saying piracy takes away from profits is one of the most propagated misconceptions about piracy. It's not profits lost if they never intended to buy it and they're not taking a unit from someone who would.   "
    What?? If your interest level equated to exactly 0 dollars and not a penny more then why are you even taking the time to pirate it? If Bulletstorm went on sale for $3 you wouldn't just buy it?
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kishan6
    @KaosAngel: I spent 100$ on sc2....
    doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By doejonathan
    @cyraxible said:
    " Saying piracy takes away from profits is one of the most propagated misconceptions about piracy. It's not profits lost if they never intended to buy it and they're not taking a unit from someone who would.   "

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, sure my client forced himself on the victim, but he did not rape her, as he never intended to pay for a prostitute in the first place." 

Other than money, there is something else the audience has that publishers need to convince them to hand over: their spare time. If someone pirates game A without the intend to ever buy it, game A publisher won't see any losses, however game B developer might not be able to sell their game as the free time the costumer has reserved for gaming is now used up. It's impossible to determine what the exact losses are and who gets the hardest hits, but saying piracy doesn't affect revenue at all is perhaps a bit short sighted. 

To the OP, if Activision feels that the demand is high enough to warrant a $60 price tag, it would (or could, I'm looking at you my lovely Valve) be bad business practice. However, if you feel it's not worth it, then the best way to vote is with your wallet. After playing the demo, I'll wait for Bulletstorm to hit the bargain bin. 
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bocam
    @KaosAngel:  Diablo 2 was $60?
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @doejonathan said:
    " @cyraxible said:
      "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, sure my client forced himself on the victim, but he did not rape her, as he never intended to pay for a prostitute in the first place."
    You would be taken a lot more seriously if you left out this part.
    Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Xanth93
    @HaltIamReptar said:
    " @doejonathan said:
    " @cyraxible said:
    You would be taken a lot more seriously if you left out this part. "
    This.

By the way, business is business. If you can't fork over $60 for a game, wait for it to go in to the bargain bin. That's what I do since I can't afford all the hot new releases. The only reason I have Brotherhood right now is because I got it on sale for $35 when the after Christmas sales started poking their heads out. Now it's back up to $60 again.

I have issues when people complain about game prices. Activision may be greedy bastards, but not all companies are. Some are doing what they can to make a living. The fact that the games go down in price is amazing so people who can't afford it day one can get it eventually. So seriously, either pay the $60 or wait. Complaining isn't going to do anything.
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CaptainCody

Man, PC gamers are a bunch of bitches, get the fuck over it.
    doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By doejonathan
    @HaltIamReptar: @Xanth93: Would either of you care to explain why or how the opening of my post affects the rest of it?
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By agentboolen
    @ds8k said:
    " Anybody else in this same boat? I'm a fan of People Can Fly but lately Epic has been pulling some shady shit. This price tag was the final nail in the coffin for me. I'll get it on Steam when it goes on sale probably. "
    Yea I felt like this when I left the PS2 - the Xbox 360.  I remember when the first party games were only $40 and the 3rd parties were $50 now everything is $60 its bullshit.  I'm usually waiting till a price reduction or a big sale. You would think a slightly lower price game release would give gamers a little extra incentive to buy a game, now a days everyone will just buy them for $60.  Just the world we live in.  But yea I understand your complaint.  $60 is the new $50 and $40 it seems.
    Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Xanth93
    @doejonathan said:
    " @HaltIamReptar: @Xanth93: Would either of you care to explain why or how the opening of my post affects the rest of it? "
    The opening of the post is critical. If it's poor, I have no interest in reading the rest of it. It had nothing to do with piracy or this topic on $60 PC games, so I could really care less what was said after it.
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CaptainObvious

Not here in good old Poland.

doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By doejonathan
    @Xanth93: Fair enough, I won't go into why I opened my post the way I did as you already stated you have no interest in it, however, I would like to ask if you could respond the way you just did now, rather than simply quoting me and only adding "This". It is difficult for me to ascertain the criticism with only one word given.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MikkaQ

60$ is the normal price of games nowadays. It's a bit silly to complain about it still. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.