Bulletstorm 2 Shelved.

• 59 results
#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -
#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

No surprise. Pretty sure this game sold like shit. Not saying its a bad game though. I remember them saying they didn't mind the ba sales but come on… money people, money

#3 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Really liked this game. Shame that it didn't sell that well. I look forward to whatever People can fly does next.

#4 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

No surprise. Pretty sure this game sold like shit. Not saying its a bad game though. I remember them saying they didn't mind the ba sales but come on… money people, money

Yeah it didn't sell well at all. In fact, I picked up the Epic Edition at Walmart for $15 last week. It's rare to see 360 games less than $20, especially a special edition like that.

#5 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

Great, another developer using piracy as a shield for mediocre game sales. The game didn't sell that well because people were just not interested. It happens you know. Not every game Epic makes is going to be the next big thing. Hell, the game was on Steam for $5 two weeks ago and I didn't even bother.

#6 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Damn, yeah that game didn't do well, but I really liked it. The world they made seemed pretty cool and I want to see more of it.

#7 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

I'm saying its a bad game though.
#8 Posted by ajamafalous (11848 posts) -

I misread the title as Borderlands 2. Heart skipped.

#9 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

I like bulletstorm.

Oh well.

#10 Posted by wjb (1637 posts) -

Too bad, and I didn't even think there was going to be a sequel!

#11 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

I remember reading that People Can Fly was rumored to be working on a Gears of War prequel.

Also it's surprising they are choosing to blame pc piracy, when Joystiq (I think) said Epic had a pc exclusive in the works.

#12 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

I misread the title as Borderlands 2. Heart skipped.

lol indeed

Shame for Bulletstorm fans though, still haven't had a chance to try it out myself.

#13 Posted by deerokus (533 posts) -

The marketing for this was terrible. Remember those cringe-inducing videos on here?

Fantastic game, though.

#14 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@deerokus said:

The marketing for this was terrible. Remember those cringe-inducing videos on here?

Fantastic game, though.

It really was. I think I hated those and the dicktits talk so much that I just ignored the game. It's a shame too because the slang actually works in the game and they created an absolutely gorgeous world.

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@deerokus said:

Fantastic game, though.

Those videos were amazing. Just not at face-value.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

They shouldn't have ended it with a cliffhanger.

#17 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Learn to read. They aren't blaming it on piracy. They said they found a new project that fit People Can Fly better, (which is weird phrasing, since Bulletstorm was right up their alley), and an off-hand comment about how piracy probably didn't help the sales, (which is true). Stop blowing shit out of proportion, people.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Boo. Bulletstorm might have been my favorite shooter of last year. So well done and great fun once you wrapped your head around the combat. We need more shooters like that.

#19 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Mediocre game, shitty marketing, 6 hour SP campaign and limited multiplayer. Let's blame piracy.

#20 Posted by Zlimness (541 posts) -

That's too bad. I'm playing it right now and loving the hell out of it. It's a lot more to play than watch, so trailers and videos haven't done it any favors. But as with most things, I blame EA for this. If it's not instantly profitable, they'll shut it down. If it is, that poor development team will be stuck making sequels forever. Anyway, can't wait to see what PCF will do next.

#21 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Learn to read. They aren't blaming it on piracy. They said they found a new project that fit People Can Fly better, (which is weird phrasing, since Bulletstorm was right up their alley), and an off-hand comment about how piracy probably didn't help the sales, (which is true). Stop blowing shit out of proportion, people.

He blames it on piracy twice in two sentences - it's hardly that off-hand. Everybody has to deal with piracy, the dude is just in denial about their own failings. You can see that by how dismissive this "It wasn't the best PC port ever, sure, but..." sounds. It's easier to blame something out of your control (piracy) than something in your control (making a shitty port), but it's not an attitude which is going to help them very much.

#22 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Jimbo: Nope. Piracy wasn't the point of the article. It's mentioned at the end in an offhand manner, after it was already stated they found a new project and EA was hoping it'd do better, two other points before piracy was mentioned.

#23 Posted by returnofjake (231 posts) -

There was a sequel planned? I did not know. Shame it got pulled, couldve been something special.

#24 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I really liked the first game.

#25 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Jimbo: Nope. Piracy wasn't the point of the article. It's mentioned at the end in an offhand manner, after it was already stated they found a new project and EA was hoping it'd do better, two other points before piracy was mentioned.

Who What Where Why When. They wouldn't need to find them a new project if Bulletstorm had sold as well as they'd hoped, so understanding why it didn't sell is important to the article. Piracy is what's being offered up as the reason why their game didn't sell, at least on PC. Well, the port being shitty is brought up and then promptly dismissed in order to blame piracy again. Obviously there is no challenge to this claim or independent analysis from the reporter, because that would be too close to journalism.

It's also, you know, mentioned right there in the strapline as being one of the points of the article...

#26 Posted by Korwin (2828 posts) -

My guess is that they've moved PCF onto the new PC title they're apparently working on.

#27 Posted by louiedog (2334 posts) -

The game handled crude humor extremely well in a way that probably made the people who wrote DNF feel really bad about themselves. Too bad the marketing people didn't understand it and made it seem really unappealing. I won a copy of the game and had a great time. I probably wouldn't have picked it up otherwise and would have missed out.

#28 Posted by supermonkey122 (811 posts) -

SHIT!! The game was great.

#29 Posted by Hunkulese (2642 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

Mediocre game, shitty marketing, 6 hour SP campaign and limited multiplayer. Let's blame piracy.

Are you high? He isn't blaming piracy. Maybe you should actually read the article.

#30 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

That's too bad, I really liked the first one. At least People Can Fly didn't get shut down along with it.

#31 Posted by the_devoid (39 posts) -

I'm pretty sure if they had made it coop campaign it would have done better. It seemed like the perfect game for it since friends could just mess around and do dumb shit which is basically what you do in that game anyway.

#32 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

They still get to all keep there jobs and bulletstorm was painful to play through so this is good news for me.

#33 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

I finisihed Bulletstorm a couple weeks ago. It was just ok, nothing special about it. Got it for only $10 and still felt like I kind of wasted my money.

#34 Posted by benspyda (2030 posts) -

Played the original on PC and thought it was pretty average. As in it looked pretty but was average. So not that surprised and don't really want a sequel anyway.

#35 Posted by BSw (249 posts) -

Aw, that's a shame! I finished it some weeks ago as well, and it was fantastic. Great to play, good humor, and, most importantly, FINALLY an FPS that wasn't set in a dark environment, but in a supervibrant one. One of the more enjoyable games I've played recently.

#36 Posted by BeachThunder (11695 posts) -

Painkiller 2?

#37 Posted by Mijati (884 posts) -

Really enjoyed the first one and disappointed to hear this considering the way that game ended...

#38 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

The game got boring at the end but I still think it's one of the best FPS games ever. I hope the rumor that People Can Fly is doing a Gears game was true, that would be cool.

#39 Posted by CaptainCharisma (339 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

They shouldn't have ended it with a cliffhanger.

That was my one complaint about the game. I despised that ending.

#40 Posted by Shivoa (607 posts) -

Step 1: get over a million people to give you money for a game (at retail + unknown volume of Steam customers, especially with sales recently)

Step 2: blame piracy for every wrong in the world

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit!!!

#41 Posted by bobafettjm (1404 posts) -

Well that's a bummer, I really enjoyed playing the first one.

#42 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

Too bad, I liked the first game and would like to see something more

#43 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Now where will I go for dicktits?

#44 Posted by AdzPearson (201 posts) -

As much as I enjoyed it, I can't say I'm surprised. It's a shame, but I'm not that disappointed. I'm sure there's more interesting stuff to come from People Can Fly.

#45 Posted by MrBoBo (102 posts) -

We have serious sam 3. No need for this anyway,

#46 Posted by HadesTimes (802 posts) -

Actually I also recently finished the first and that's cool. The game kind of burned me out by the end. It was all right, but the story was pretty terrible and while the gameplay was descent, it wasn't anything too special. I'm not happy it's canned but I AM happy People Can Fly is working on something else. Probably something better.

#47 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Not too surprised, the first was a pretty average game, but one of those ones that I felt laid a decent foundation for sequels to build on, a 2nd could have been great.

#48 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

@Jimbo said:

Are you high? He isn't blaming piracy. Maybe you should actually read the article.

OMFG you're right I must have imagined it in a drug-induced ha... oh no wait here it is:

"We made a PC version of Bulletstorm, and it didn't do very well on PC and I think a lot of that was due to piracy. It wasn't the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem."

#49 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

Want to know what else sucks? Dead Space 2 sold barely more than 2 million copies despite the massive budget and marketing. That game was incredible. People are dumb.

#50 Posted by Djstyles92 (952 posts) -

Darn i really liked the first game. RIP Waggleton P. Tallylicker

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.