Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Bulletstorm 2 Shelved.

• 59 results
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Hunkulese

@Jimbo said:

@Hunkulese said:

@Jimbo said:

Mediocre game, shitty marketing, 6 hour SP campaign and limited multiplayer. Let's blame piracy.

Are you high? He isn't blaming piracy. Maybe you should actually read the article.

OMFG you're right I must have imagined it in a drug-induced ha... oh no wait here it is:

"We made a PC version of Bulletstorm, and it didn't do very well on PC and I think a lot of that was due to piracy. It wasn't the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem."

I guess you don't really understand context. Maybe you should read the rest of the article. Sales were bad on the PC and piracy probably was an issue but Bulletstorm was a console game that got ported to PC and the actual sales they expected on PC would have been a small fraction compared to what they expected on consoles. Console sales didn't meet expectations and that's why they're not making a sequel. The piracy talk seemed like an afterthought and it is shoddy writing to throw it into the title to catch people like you and throw them into a tizzy.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#52  Edited By fox01313

Saw the article on Rock, Paper, Shotgun & have to say that I'm not too surprised. Regardless of the piracy issue (might be hooked some to the Gears3 stuff on there) possible I think that while the skillshot idea was a neat idea, the adverts & general game itself didn't make me want to see more of it as well as care about anyone in the game to see more of them in something else. With all games shelved like this, if they get the right people heading it at the right time, it could work out quite well but apparently now is not that time.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By James_ex_machina

I bought the game when BB had it for $9.98 for online buys. I beat the game in a few days and enjoyed almost every minute of it. There was a section or two that I found annoying. I then put it on the highest difficulty to get all the achievements. I made it 2/3 the way through and stopped playing for some reason. My only real complaint is that it seemed like it was too linear most of the time.
    I wouldnt wait for clearance prices on an improved sequel.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Jimbo

@Hunkulese said:

@Jimbo said:

@Hunkulese said:

@Jimbo said:

Mediocre game, shitty marketing, 6 hour SP campaign and limited multiplayer. Let's blame piracy.

Are you high? He isn't blaming piracy. Maybe you should actually read the article.

OMFG you're right I must have imagined it in a drug-induced ha... oh no wait here it is:

"We made a PC version of Bulletstorm, and it didn't do very well on PC and I think a lot of that was due to piracy. It wasn't the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem."

I guess you don't really understand context. Maybe you should read the rest of the article. Sales were bad on the PC and piracy probably was an issue but Bulletstorm was a console game that got ported to PC and the actual sales they expected on PC would have been a small fraction compared to what they expected on consoles. Console sales didn't meet expectations and that's why they're not making a sequel. The piracy talk seemed like an afterthought and it is shoddy writing to throw it into the title to catch people like you and throw them into a tizzy.

So you could say that piracy of the PC version is just being used as a distraction from the real reasons it didn't sell very well?? You mean exactly like I was implying in my very first post?!

Christ.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Jimbo Why can't thick headed morons admit when they're wrong or at least just let it go.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Karl_Boss

Not surprising, the first game tanked in price pretty quickly due to poor sales.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By I_smell

I hope putting People Can Fly on a new project means they came up with a better new idea, and not "we needed someone to make a gears prequel spinoff".

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By I_smell

@Napalm said:

Learn to read. They aren't blaming it on piracy. They said they found a new project that fit People Can Fly better, (which is weird phrasing, since Bulletstorm was right up their alley), and an off-hand comment about how piracy probably didn't help the sales, (which is true). Stop blowing shit out of proportion, people.

Yeah I read the thing, then came back here and was like "what the hell are people talking about? This article isn't even about piracy."

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#59  Edited By Jeust

I love the game. A pity that there won't be a sequel coming, at least for now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.