Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Bulletstorm demo up on XBL!

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

AAAAAAAAAA! THANK YOU!

Would you kindly post when the Crysis 2 demo is up too? :3

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

I'm gonna play the shit outta this demo.

JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Well, the Crysis 2 one is up as well, but it says ''closed beta''. Does that mean we'll need Beta Keys or anything like that?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

My xbox say's there up but won't let me download them...

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Damn my slow internet!

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fjordson
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:

" Well, the Crysis 2 one is up as well, but it says ''closed beta''. Does that mean we'll need Beta Keys or anything like that? "

Yeah, I didn't know what that meant either. I'm thinking they're simply using slightly misleading terms and that it really just means Xbox Live Gold members only. Going to check it out after I play Bulletstorm.
    JediiKNIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By JediiKNIGHT

gonna download both the bulletstorm and crysis 2 demos soon as I get home :P

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Azteck
    @Fjordson said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets said:

" Well, the Crysis 2 one is up as well, but it says ''closed beta''. Does that mean we'll need Beta Keys or anything like that? "

Yeah, I didn't know what that meant either. I'm thinking they're simply using slightly misleading terms and that it really just means Xbox Live Gold members only. Going to check it out after I play Bulletstorm. "
    Yeah, it's closed for people who aren't gold members, which doesn't make sense since they can't go online anyway.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Enigma777

It's nice to finally have a reason to turn on my 360. It's been gathering a lot of dust lately...

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By danimal_furry

I dunno if the game can live up to the hype. Of course, it's been nothing but pumped up so much here in Raleigh, because Epic is based right outside of the city. That may skew my expectations a bit.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#12  Edited By tearhead
    @danimal_furry said:
    " I dunno if the game can live up to the hype. Of course, it's been nothing but pumped up so much here in Raleigh, because Epic is based right outside of the city. That may skew my expectations a bit. "
    Has this game really received that much hype from consumers? It seems everyone is more cautiously optimistic than anything else.
    takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By takua108
    @Azteck said:
    " @Fjordson said:

Yeah, I didn't know what that meant either. I'm thinking they're simply using slightly misleading terms and that it really just means Xbox Live Gold members only. Going to check it out after I play Bulletstorm. "
    Yeah, it's closed for people who aren't gold members, which doesn't make sense since they can't go online anyway. "
    No, Silver members can go online, it's just that they can't play online. They can still download content and stuff like that.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Azteck
    @takua108 said:
    " @Azteck said:
    " @Fjordson said:

Yeah, it's closed for people who aren't gold members, which doesn't make sense since they can't go online anyway. "
    No, Silver members can go online, it's just that they can't play online. They can still download content and stuff like that. "
    Well yeah, that's what I meant. I just worded it badly. Can't take their games online, if you will.
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Well the demo was criminally short, but so far it seems neat. I can't quite get the whole skillshot thing, since I usually opt for headshots and nothing else really :(

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By takua108
    @Azteck: Oh, I didn't see the "doesn't" in your post. You're right, it doesn't make much sense, other than just to be another carrot to dangle over you to get you to get a gold account.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azteck
    @takua108: It probably is. Most things MS do point to it. Locking features away behind a gold account, Netflix, Hulu, demos being exclusive for a time. It's a pretty lame thing to do, but they are a business I guess.
    danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By danimal_furry
    @Tearhead said:
    " @danimal_furry said:
    " I dunno if the game can live up to the hype. Of course, it's been nothing but pumped up so much here in Raleigh, because Epic is based right outside of the city. That may skew my expectations a bit. "
    Has this game really received that much hype from consumers? It seems everyone is more cautiously optimistic than anything else. "

Like is said, it is getting a lot of hype in the local area. I am one of those being hopefully optomisic.
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By TheMasterDS

At first I was disappointed it was 6 minutes long and only had 3 weapons. Than I played it through a few more times and kept the same opinion. It wasn't until I played the sequence over and over again while listening to the bombcast did I grow to appreciate it. It's pretty awesome, and there's something to playing the same level countless times in a time trial sort of way. It's great!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigma777 said:
    " It's nice to finally have a reason to turn on my 360. It's been gathering a lot of dust lately... "

No Caption Provided

Carrying grudges is bad for you
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enigma777
    @TeflonBilly: What?
    brightroar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By brightroar

Yeah the Skillshot system takes a while to get used too, but its the most fun i've had in FPS for a long time.  Played through the demo 3 times this afternoon and I think i'll be playing it quite a bit up till launch.

SirBlimE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SirBlimE

Absolutely loved the demo (ps3 version). Became a musthave for me after the 6-8 minutes of demo =)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigma777 Don't think I didn't notice that cheeky little kick at the thread a few days ago about the PS3 hack ;)
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Enigma777
    @TeflonBilly: Mind refreshing my memory? Cause I honestly have no idea what you're referring to... 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was talking about how butthurt everybody got by the errant "dusty" comment in this thread 
    I thought you were making a clever jab at it.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By Catolf
    @SirBlimE said:
    " Absolutely loved the demo (ps3 version). Became a musthave for me after the 6-8 minutes of demo =) "
    Exactly the same thing I was going to say.

Kicking people int he face and hitting them with a whip never felt so good.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By mfpantst
    @TeflonBilly said:
    " I was talking about how butthurt everybody got by the errant "dusty" comment in this thread I thought you were making a clever jab at it. "
    Did you say butthurt?  You must live on the east coast.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#29  Edited By citizenkane

Nice.  I'll make sure to download it when I get home soon.

apocralyptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30  Edited By apocralyptic

Finally played the demo... I thought it was trying a bit too hard in terms of attitude, but I can definitely see how the skillshot system might turn out to be pretty fun and addictive.   

apocralyptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31  Edited By apocralyptic

Oh, and after spending all this time with a nice, taciturn character like Marcus Fenix, I'm not sure I'll like this Grayson Hunt character who can't seem to shut up.

TheMoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheMoD

I absolutely hate what epic did to peoplecanfly. On their own pcf would have made a MUCH much less pretentious, alot more simplistic (no scores or anything, just run around and shoot dudes), but overall more fun game. The demo wasn't bad but it sure wasn't great either, I'm just pissed epic took a developer as awesome as pcf and smeared shit all over them, with this extremely prententious badassery and all that... sucks
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Barrock

Am I the only one that cringed at the demo video? Come on guys. Talk of buttholes and poop shoots? :( Butter dick?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Barrock said:
    " Am I the only one that cringed at the demo video? Come on guys. Talk of buttholes and poop shoots? :( Butter dick? "
    You're being discriminatory dicktits! They guy obviously has Tourettes syndrome!
    ashh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ashh
    @TheMoD said:
    " I absolutely hate what epic did to peoplecanfly. On their own pcf would have made a MUCH much less pretentious, alot more simplistic (no scores or anything, just run around and shoot dudes), but overall more fun game. The demo wasn't bad but it sure wasn't great either, I'm just pissed epic took a developer as awesome as pcf and smeared shit all over them, with this extremely prententious badassery and all that... sucks "
    Okay, first, do you have some inside knowledge of what is happening at People Can Fly? You know for a fact that they wouldn't have made this game exactly the way it is without the influence of Epic?  

Second, if you remove the skill shots, score and attitude from this game, you would have the most generic shooter possible. These are the things that companies use to differentiate their products from others. 

And finally, I think you may want to look up the definition of pretentious. You're not using it correctly. Absolutely nothing about Bulletstorm is pretentious. It seems to revel in the fact that it's low brow and stupid. In fact, I'd go as far to say that "badassery" and "pretentious" are mutually exclusive. 

So you're free to not like Bulletstorm, that's perfectly reasonable, but please use arguments that make sense. As it stands, you sound like a crazy person with a weird hatred of Epic.
    TheMoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheMoD
    @AshH:
    dude there's no need to analize my comment that closely -.- 
    All I'm saying is: I've played games by PCF, I've played games by epic, and bulletstorm feels nothing like a pcf game, it feels much more like epic looking at what pcf was doing and then trying to make their own game based on the basic ideas of painkiller. 
    No I obviously do not have insider information but having played enough games by both companies I'm preeetty sure my intuition does not deceive me, I just see cliffy b in everything in this game.  

Also taking away the so called skill system would not make the game generic. I mean alright actually it would but what I'm trying to say is that if they had made the game more like a classic painkiller from ground up the game wouldn't need this whole "kill with skill" crap. 
    The difference is this: In Painkiller you were just running around killing things BUT there were looots of things to kill, there were usually hordes of enemies, and the action was insanely satisfying. But in bulletstorm you spend alot of time with a single enemy, trying to kill him with "style". That's something I really dislike in games, when they want to force you to do certain things. Just let me play it the way I want to, if a shotgun shot to the face is the most effective way to kill an enemy let me freaking do it without penalizing me for not being stylish enough. 

Also I get the attitude and what they are going for, but I'm pretty sure the characters are extremely unlikeable, it could have had an awesome over the top style with crazy characters but like this it's just annoying. The second that woman said "Ladies first" as I passed through the door, I knew what to expect
    Gaagie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gaagie

The first playthrough it was kinda meh, but the second one it was more fun. I guess it's because I tried new ways and got more points. Though I actually hate points and leaderboards (guess it's cause I often suck at it and because of all the morons that hack the servers), this was pretty enjoyable :) Still don't know if I want to pay $59.99 for it.. 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm
    @TheMoD said:
    " @AshH: dude there's no need to analize my comment that closely -.- All I'm saying is: I've played games by PCF, I've played games by epic, and bulletstorm feels nothing like a pcf game, it feels much more like epic looking at what pcf was doing and then trying to make their own game based on the basic ideas of painkiller. No I obviously do not have insider information but having played enough games by both companies I'm preeetty sure my intuition does not deceive me, I just see cliffy b in everything in this game.  Also taking away the so called skill system would not make the game generic. I mean alright actually it would but what I'm trying to say is that if they had made the game more like a classic painkiller from ground up the game wouldn't need this whole "kill with skill" crap. The difference is this: In Painkiller you were just running around killing things BUT there were looots of things to kill, there were usually hordes of enemies, and the action was insanely satisfying. But in bulletstorm you spend alot of time with a single enemy, trying to kill him with "style". That's something I really dislike in games, when they want to force you to do certain things. Just let me play it the way I want to, if a shotgun shot to the face is the most effective way to kill an enemy let me freaking do it without penalizing me for not being stylish enough.  Also I get the attitude and what they are going for, but I'm pretty sure the characters are extremely unlikeable, it could have had an awesome over the top style with crazy characters but like this it's just annoying. The second that woman said "Ladies first" as I passed through the door, I knew what to expect "
    Haha. You haven't even played the demo. Nothing you said even makes sense. You do sound like a crazy person.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.