Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Bulletstorm Goes Beyond The Headshot

• 89 results
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
     Yes, you'll still get points for nailing headshots.
    It's 2010, and if you take it all the way back to Wolfenstein 3D, we've been going bananas for first-person shooters for 18 years. They've taken on various forms over the years and they've informed the expansion of the shooter genre, as well. Some of them, for example, take place from a third-person perspective. Revolutionary, I know. Games like GoldenEye 007, Kingpin, and Soldier of Fortune started placing more importance on body-specific damage, leading to the rise of the headshot--that one-hit kill that skilled players can pull off again and again. With the ability to take down most enemies in one shot, experienced players can now whip through most shooters with relative ease, essentially min-maxing the experience by picking the simplest, most accurate weapon--like a basic pistol--and ignoring whatever else the developers may have cooked up.

You could argue that this is a player issue, and that these guys should stop trying to just blast their way through games as quickly as possible. But my counter is that this is really a design issue. Most linear games probably shouldn't rely on a player's ability to "make their own fun" along the way. Properly incentivizing the player to use all of the abilities at his or her disposal seems like one of those key principles that more games should have. This is something I've been thinking about more and more lately, usually while I'm headshotting my way through yet another action game. So it was a pleasant surprise to take a look at the latest first-person shooter from People Can Fly, which seems to recognize the issue and has plans to do something about it.

To encourage you to mess around with your enemies a bit, Bulletstorm has a points system in place that rewards creative kills. It's not entirely unlike 2008's The Club. Each weapon will have its own set of unique kills, and you'll also earn points for properly using your other abilities. In addition to shooting at dudes, you'll also have a big, Duke Nukem-like boot, a low slide that pops enemies up into the air when kicked, and an energy leash that you can use to grab and manipulate enemies or nearby objects, like a spherical trash can that explodes when shot. The game also gives you time to toy with the opposition by causing any enemy you kick to briefly warp into a localized state of slow-motion. It doesn't drop the speed of the entire game, just the enemy you've interacted with. This gives you time to kick an enemy, lasso him back in your direction, maybe kick again, then finish off with a flail gun attack to the neck or something.

You'll essentially have Scorpion's spear and Sub-Zero's slide at your disposal.
    "Killing with skill" earns you more points than a standard kill. Points are spent on upgrades for your various items, though the extent of the upgrades hasn't been put on display just yet. One thing we were shown was the ability to use your energy leash to slam the ground, popping up nearby enemies and objects high into the air, setting them up for whatever else you feel like doing to them. But we'll have to wait for more weapons to be revealed before we can understand the full extent of the combat.

So far, two weapons have been shown. There's a fairly standard assault rifle, which looks like it's fine for, you know, shooting guys in the head. Then there's the aforementioned flail gun, which fires two grenades tied together with a chain. The projectile fires out like bolos, and it will whip around anything it comes in contact with. Also, it doesn't immediately detonate, letting you blow up things via a remote trigger. This lets you wrap the grenades around a pole or other stationary object, like a remote mine. Or you can wrap it around a garbage can, then kick the garbage can at enemies, setting off the grenades when they get close. It seems like a versatile weapon, and it's imaginative in the way you'd hope for a weapon designed by the studio behind Painkiller to be.

All of this looks like it's running at or close to 60 frames per second, though obviously we were only shown a short slice of the overall product. Though questions directed at Epic representatives were mostly deflected, the game will have some kind of multiplayer component, and with the way the campaign has AI allies rolling with you from place to place, cooperative play seems likely, as well. We'll have to wait for E3 for our next bit on Bulletstorm, but the good news is that Epic and EA are letting people play the game for themselves there, and it'll be interesting to see how well the game's different attacks combine. In case you missed it earlier this week, here's the released trailer for Bulletstorm. 

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jeff
    It's 2010, and if you take it all the way back to Wolfenstein 3D, we've been going bananas for first-person shooters for 18 years. They've taken on various forms over the years and they've informed the expansion of the shooter genre, as well. Some of them, for example, take place from a third-person perspective. Revolutionary, I know. Games like GoldenEye 007, Kingpin, and Soldier of Fortune started placing more importance on body-specific damage, leading to the rise of the headshot--that one-hit kill that skilled players can pull off again and again. With the ability to take down most enemies in one shot, experienced players can now whip through most shooters with relative ease, essentially min-maxing the experience by picking the simplest, most accurate weapon--like a basic pistol--and ignoring whatever else the developers may have cooked up.

You could argue that this is a player issue, and that these guys should stop trying to just blast their way through games as quickly as possible. But my counter is that this is really a design issue. Most linear games probably shouldn't rely on a player's ability to "make their own fun" along the way. Properly incentivizing the player to use all of the abilities at his or her disposal seems like one of those key principles that more games should have. This is something I've been thinking about more and more lately, usually while I'm headshotting my way through yet another action game. So it was a pleasant surprise to take a look at the latest first-person shooter from People Can Fly, which seems to recognize the issue and has plans to do something about it.

To encourage you to mess around with your enemies a bit, Bulletstorm has a points system in place that rewards creative kills. It's not entirely unlike 2008's The Club. Each weapon will have its own set of unique kills, and you'll also earn points for properly using your other abilities. In addition to shooting at dudes, you'll also have a big, Duke Nukem-like boot, a low slide that pops enemies up into the air when kicked, and an energy leash that you can use to grab and manipulate enemies or nearby objects, like a spherical trash can that explodes when shot. The game also gives you time to toy with the opposition by causing any enemy you kick to briefly warp into a localized state of slow-motion. It doesn't drop the speed of the entire game, just the enemy you've interacted with. This gives you time to kick an enemy, lasso him back in your direction, maybe kick again, then finish off with a flail gun attack to the neck or something.

"Killing with skill" earns you more points than a standard kill. Points are spent on upgrades for your various items, though the extent of the upgrades hasn't been put on display just yet. One thing we were shown was the ability to use your energy leash to slam the ground, popping up nearby enemies and objects high into the air, setting them up for whatever else you feel like doing to them. But we'll have to wait for more weapons to be revealed before we can understand the full extent of the combat.

So far, two weapons have been shown. There's a fairly standard assault rifle, which looks like it's fine for, you know, shooting guys in the head. Then there's the aforementioned flail gun, which fires two grenades tied together with a chain. The projectile fires out like bolos, and it will whip around anything it comes in contact with. Also, it doesn't immediately detonate, letting you blow up things via a remote trigger. This lets you wrap the grenades around a pole or other stationary object, like a remote mine. Or you can wrap it around a garbage can, then kick the garbage can at enemies, setting off the grenades when they get close. It seems like a versatile weapon, and it's imaginative in the way you'd hope for a weapon designed by the studio behind Painkiller to be.

All of this looks like it's running at or close to 60 frames per second, though obviously we were only shown a short slice of the overall product. Though questions directed at Epic representatives were mostly deflected, the game will have some kind of multiplayer component, and with the way the campaign has AI allies rolling with you from place to place, cooperative play seems likely, as well. We'll have to wait for E3 for our next bit on Bulletstorm, but the good news is that Epic and EA are letting people play the game for themselves there, and it'll be interesting to see how well the game's different attacks combine. In case you missed it earlier this week, here's the released trailer for Bulletstorm. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

nice

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Damn, missed it. :(   Good looking game, though.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I'm really interested in this game. I'm hoping it will be successful.

francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By francesthemule

Awesome!

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By sixghost

I think Jeff's hatred of headshots is misplaced. Instead of getting rid of the concept, just make it harder to actually get a headshot. Enemies don't need to be standing still completely exposed for extended periods of time.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DystopiaX

looks cool. Looking forward to this. The gameplay looks really different from the shooters we see today, which mostly distinguish themselves through story or one or two key differences (vehicles in BC2, etc.) rather than actual different core gameplay.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cooljammer00

"Headshots are ruining games" - Jeff Gerstmann, 2010

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BionicMonster

flail gun sounds awesome.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By s10129107

I don't think the problem is necessarily headshots as much as it is the pacing of modern FPSs.  Back in the Days of Quake 3 and UT games moved WAY too fast for headshots to be a reliable tactic.  Consoles have slowed gameplay down.  If devs find a way to make fast paced action jive with console controls i think then we'll see the fall headshotting all the way through a game.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bybeach

I'm not liking what I see so far, though it's just personal taste, really.  

PPl.can fly are favorites of mine however, so I'll continue to check this out.
    mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mewarmo990

After I read the initial paragraph about linear shooter not giving the player enough motivation to use all the other weapons at your disposal, I just thought, "What about Bioshock? Hello?"

It's a mostly linear, multiplatform game that allows for a variety of gameplay paces and styles. With all the stuff you can pull, headshots are probably the most boring way to play it, and they don't make the game that much easier either.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I just can't look at these articles the same way now...

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

Gameplay looks cool, but the generic plot, setting, and name don't have me too enthralled.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By AURON570

if anyone is interested the song is Wish by Nine Inch Nails

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeff
    @sixghost said:
    " I think Jeff's hatred of headshots is misplaced. Instead of getting rid of the concept, just make it harder to actually get a headshot. Enemies don't need to be standing still completely exposed for extended periods of time. "
    You're exactly right. I wouldn't say I have a hatred of headshots. It's just that they make a lot of games way easier than they're probably supposed to be.
    the_gallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_gallo

The game looks fun.

G0rd0nFr33m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By G0rd0nFr33m4n

yay

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jinxman
    @mewarmo990 said:
    " After I read the initial paragraph about linear shooter not giving the player enough motivation to use all the other weapons at your disposal, I just thought, "What about Bioshock? Hello?"  It's a mostly linear, multiplatform game that allows for a variety of gameplay paces and styles. With all the stuff you can pull, headshots are probably the most boring way to play it, and they don't make the game that much easier either. "
    Bioshock is a prime example of what Jeff's talking about.  The basic wrench plus electroshock is probably the most effective weapon in the game, incentivizing players to just use that.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fc3ed76e53eb
    deactivated-5fc3ed76e53eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeff:  I personally think regenerating health ruined a lot of games, perhaps even aiding headshots to be easier(run up close, gun in the enemies face, wait til health is full). Limiting the amount of health and access to health packs I think makes the players be more cautious and creates more blindfire situations that are more exciting.
    GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GaZZuM

Say what!!! Where did this game come from?!? Cliffy announces it then like a month later it looks fantastamazing! Want it. Want it HARD!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By artofwar420

Duke Nukem comes to mind, this is a good thing.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Rowr

playing much splintercell lately?

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Damian

I'm all for the idea of Bulletstorm's 'skills for kills'. But the headshot can be handled fine traditionally as well. Such as in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, where the AI pretty does a decent job of dancing around lazy-aiming. 

Even in a simplified shooting system like that of Crackdown, I found myself constantly shooting hands and legs just because I could, and the effect was fun for a good long time. 

Give me fun options and I'll surely use them. 

But games like Splinter Cell: Conviction (which I've had a lot of fun with) should really do better to avoid that peekaboo stuff where you can just leave the reticle where you know for sure dude's head will be peekin'. That does a lot to kill any tension in the action, and in far too many shooters these days is this a reliable tactic.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lemon360

BulletStorm. Fucking. Awesome. 

Also the Headshot sorta ruined Halo. The BR wouldn't have had the 4-shot without headshot's giving extra damage, because then just hitting any part of the body 4 times would have been too easy. So the 4-shot, and Halo MLG dudes are only around because of the Headshot. Seriously. Very, very good Halo players have at least 10,000 BR kills. 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dalai

Bulletstorm has piqued my interest. Well played, Dude Huge. Well played.

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Doogie2K
    @GaZZuM: I knew PCF had been bought by Epic after impressing Cliffy et al. with the Gears 1 PC port, so probably about that long. That makes it...three years? Ish? 

Reading through Jeff's description, it sounded an awful lot like the descriptions I've been given of stuff you can do in DMC and Bayonetta, except in an FPS. Sound accurate?
    Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Poki3

I wonder if they'll add a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning... They better.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @cooljammer00 said:
    " "Headshots are ruining games" - Jeff Gerstmann, 2010 "
    I could see this becoming the next "Anime is for jerks."
    bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By bacongames
    @jinxman said:
    " @mewarmo990 said:
    " After I read the initial paragraph about linear shooter not giving the player enough motivation to use all the other weapons at your disposal, I just thought, "What about Bioshock? Hello?"  It's a mostly linear, multiplatform game that allows for a variety of gameplay paces and styles. With all the stuff you can pull, headshots are probably the most boring way to play it, and they don't make the game that much easier either. "
    Bioshock is a prime example of what Jeff's talking about.  The basic wrench plus electroshock is probably the most effective weapon in the game, incentivizing players to just use that. "
    I think that's just a very stubborn philosophy to playing a game.  I would personally get sick of the same old thing really quick and change up my playstyle at least slightly.  If the alternatives are not practically effective, I can see what Jeff is saying but  I was skeptical when Jeff said he kept using Mark and Execute in Splinter Cell and Vinny never used that throughout the game.  I can understand what he's saying but the examples he has cited in the past sound exactly like someone not making it fun for themselves.  I definitely agree with Jeff but he's only half right in my opinion.
    sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sociald1077

NIN + crazy kills = me intrigued

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Jeff said:
    " @sixghost said:
    " I think Jeff's hatred of headshots is misplaced. Instead of getting rid of the concept, just make it harder to actually get a headshot. Enemies don't need to be standing still completely exposed for extended periods of time. "
    You're exactly right. I wouldn't say I have a hatred of headshots. It's just that they make a lot of games way easier than they're probably supposed to be. "
    One more thing games should do is make enemies react to bullet impacts more.  That way instead of just popping dudes with a pistol, a sub machine gun would be more effective for groups as one swipe would stun multiple targets.  Basically, don't make your game a shooting gallery where headshots are the only way to play.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bionicicide
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Detrian

Damn those models looks rough. Hope they improve them cause they are hideous.

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mewarmo990
    @jinxman said:
    " @mewarmo990 said:
    Bioshock is a prime example of what Jeff's talking about.  The basic wrench plus electroshock is probably the most effective weapon in the game, incentivizing players to just use that. "
    I never felt that way, though. One of the most fun aspects of Bioshock 1 and 2 was the sheer number of options you had to play around with plasmids. I mean, sure, electro shock was really useful, but why would you force yourself to stubbornly play a single way when there are so many ways to take down splicers? It's not like Halo where the pistol was by far the best weapon in the game - there are many viable and effective options in Bioshock, and wrench+shock was only one of them.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I have a question for Jeff and other anti-headshot folks: Are we talking ANY increase to damage, or just like, a lil pistol that is a head-shootin machine that kills in 1-2 hits? I agree with that being an issue when you can take out anyone in that manner, but when it's something like the DMR in Reach, where it takes several head shots, and isn't a simple point and shoot (like the pistol in ODST getting me a perfection with all the grunts I popped off with headshots). I think saying that head shots SPECIFICALLY are ruining the skill aspects of games. I think the issue is when a) there are only like, one-two weapons that do extra damage to the head or b) you can pull off headshots that instantly kill with supreme ease or c) there are a bunch of guns that don't get headshots. But in games like Half Life 2, where pretty much everything gets a boost from headshots, but rarely gets a one hit kill from a headshot unless it gets a one hit kill from the body too. I think headshots are good, but these days, there are specific weapons that are balanced for headshots. The problem is these aren't really that well balanced when all enemies can be taken out with a headshot or two, when there is ammo for these weapons lying around everywhere, and when they easily kill all enemies in a couple of shots. But when the weapons are harder to come by, when they require repeated headshots or being an opportunist (ie kill stealing/noob combos). 
    That said, I totally think there are cooler, newer, more original ways to kill with skill (not to mention more stylish, judging by this game). I think insta-kills with weapons that require no skill are certainly an issue, but I think just blaming headshots in general is a little unfair. 

l3illyl3ob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By l3illyl3ob

Your article mentioned that co-op seems likely due to the nature of the game.  I just want to let you know that in the debut GameInformer article, they explicitly stated that there will not be co-op.  Here's an exact excerpt:

As is the case with most early looks at games, People Can Fly and Epic Games are pleading the fifth on competitive multipayer.  But they are flat out shooting down co-op, which seemed like a given since Ishi or the mystery woman is always at your side.  
     "You already know we are going to have an online component of the game, which I think is going to kick ass, but we're just not ready to reveal that yet," says Adrian Chimielarz, creative director/co-founder of People Can Fly and lead designer of Bulletstorm.
    "But in single-player you don't want anybody stealing your skill shots and getting in the way.  Also, we wouldn't be able to do any co-op action without sacrificing some of the story lements.  For example, if this were a co-op game, then you'd be sitting in the stomach of a monster for half an hour.  'Faster, faster, please!  I have to press B all the time in order to not be digested!'"

This is on page 46 of GameInformer's May issue.  So there you have it, straight out of the lead designer's mouth, no co-op.  Hopefully nobody gets any false expectations.  This might warrant an edit of Jeff's article, too.
    fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fripplebubby

The last five seconds of the video were fucking DARK. I mean, the guy is screaming on the ground because you slung grenades around him. That's not funny, that's just really messed up.  

Other than that, it looks like a trailer. 

Spoonybard37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Spoonybard37

I wasn't really interested in this game until I saw the trailer, I think I'll be keeping an eye out for it now.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KnifeySpoony

They used Wish - NIN in the trailer, I am interested in this game (Some of the stuff looked awesome as well).

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Afroman269
    @Fripplebubby said:
    " The last five seconds of the video were fucking DARK. I mean, the guy is screaming on the ground because you slung grenades around him. That's not funny, that's just really messed up.   Other than that, it looks like a trailer.  "
    I chuckled.
    Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Olivaw
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @Fripplebubby said:
    " The last five seconds of the video were fucking DARK. I mean, the guy is screaming on the ground because you slung grenades around him. That's not funny, that's just really messed up.   Other than that, it looks like a trailer.  "
    I chuckled. "
    If you didn't laugh at that you're not a real American.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By Undeadpool

This JUST got my interested in Bulletstorm. Well played, Giant Bomb...well played.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By Crono

The game looks and sounds very interesting.  I hope that it really can mix things up a bit more than just landing headshots.  I am not tired of the headshot, but something different would be nice.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By aurahack
    @Detrian: That lady avatar was mad rough. The rest seemed... fine?
    stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stackboy

Judging by the so far impressions and video, it will be nothing but good things.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TwoLines
    @mewarmo990 said:
    " @jinxman said:
    " @mewarmo990 said:
    I never felt that way, though. One of the most fun aspects of Bioshock 1 and 2 was the sheer number of options you had to play around with plasmids. I mean, sure, electro shock was really useful, but why would you force yourself to stubbornly play a single way when there are so many ways to take down splicers? It's not like Halo where the pistol was by far the best weapon in the game - there are many viable and effective options in Bioshock, and wrench+shock was only one of them. "
    It was the best one. Everybody used it all the time.
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Quacktastic

I'm just glad that someone is finally putting a slide into an FPS again.

@jinxman said:

" @mewarmo990 said:
    I didn't even use the shock that much.  The powered-up wrench alone was so much better than every weapon, and you're right I used it the whole game.  5% grenade launcher, 5% trap bolts, 90% wrench.  And that was on survivor difficulty where enemies had a ton of hp - so that's a pretty valid criticism.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jimbo
    @sixghost said:
    Pretty much.  And the player doesn't need to be entirely wrapped in cotton wool either, by both braindead AI ("Duh!  Who turned out da lights?" etc.) and a cover system which basically amounts to invulnerability.  If you are ever actually put under some pressure by the AI, with return fire and them trying to outflank your position, then it becomes a lot harder to just sit there in safety and line up headshot after headshot.  On the other hand, an enemy shouldn't be taking 25 rounds to the chest if they only take 1 round to the head either - some kind of linked bullet to death ratio should be maintained, even if they aren't going for realism.

I'd like to see somebody take another proper go at the body-region effect, and stop relying on invisible lifebars too.  It seems archaic that we still have enemies totally shrugging off the first 10 bullets to the chest and then instantly dying on the 11th.  It makes the shooting feel weightless, like there is nothing violent about the act at all - and it obviously incentivises headshots too much.  The first shot to the chest should be putting a guy on to his ass, a shot to the arm (which is likely because they're both up in front of the chest when firing) should result in the guy having to switch to his side-arm, leg shot = barely mobile, etc.  When you're facing a squad of AI, they should act like a squad, with half suppressing your position whilst the other half move up, etc..  

Getting the better of braindead AI isn't satisfying at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.