Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Bulletstorm PC Graphics Glitches

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I'm having troubles, like many people, with the visuals in Bulletstorm on PC. Unfortunately, I am not able to use the current fix for some reason. It says that I don't have access to the .ini I need to edit to fix it. Can anyone please help? The visuals are pretty much the reason I am plyaing on PC. 

It should be noted that I've also tried re-installing the game and not updating and trying the process again, and it did not help.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

What exactly are the problems you are having? Also PC specs are always handy to give out too.

MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

When my settings are maxed out, the only shadows are a bunch of bands locked to my perspective, the shadows, and it seems like anything effected by depth of field looks like it's 256 colors, there is blue fog at big distances, and it just looks like it's running at low settings. It's apparantly a common problem, so I'm guessing anyone who can help already knows what's going on.  

Here are my specs, even though it probably won't be that useful (I don't think there was any particular pattern, from other posts elsewhere I've seen) 
       Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit  
                 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500  @ 2.93GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM 
                 Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Okay yeah I saw this problem too and it seems like it's not just with one type of card or anything like that. Here is an apparent fix (scroll down to the bottom) and yes the update did indeed encrypt the .ini files but thanks to PC being awesome, someone already came out with a Bulletstorm Editor for the said encrypted files which can be found here.

Hope this helps your problems. I've been still enjoying the game even though I totally get this "crappy unoptimized console port" vibe from it.

MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Like I said, that didn't work for me. It says I can't access the file.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrKlorox
    @MordeaniisChaos:
    Reboot your computer into safe mode and see if you can access the ini then. Make sure read only is off.

edit: Or perhaps copy the file and editor/decrypter thing to a flash drive and edit it on another computer.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By captain_clayman

figures.  console port >.>

MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @MrKlorox said:

" @MordeaniisChaos: Reboot your computer into safe mode and see if you can access the ini then. Make sure read only is off.  edit: Or perhaps copy the file and editor/decrypter thing to a flash drive and edit it on another computer. "

I'll try that. I've been playing the game and it is really awesome, plays much better on PC, but sadly the game looks kinda fugly. I don't know if you just get more points on PC because of the added precision or what, but Jeff's talk about hording points for unlocks rather than for ammo seems totally useless. I've been fully upgrading weapons with points to spare after filling up my ammo before I even get to the next gun. Awesome game, can't want to play it proper!
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

So what you said got me thinking about permissions, so I changed those and I was able to open and edit the file easily, but now I cannot save the fuckin' things.

Ichorid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Ichorid4

This might help; 
    http://depositfiles.com/en/files/rz7avhaft  

Add it to your registry and you can right click to grant full admin control to files- even ones that are always locked. This is seperate from the encryption on the ini thought. 

Bulletstorm PC problems are a disgrace. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.