Bulletstorm - Steam Daily Deal 3/31-4/1 $5.00

• 54 results
#1 Posted by MB (12201 posts) -

Picked this up right away when I did my daily Steam mobile app check this morning. Based on the review and Quick Look, seems like it's easily worth five bucks.

#2 Posted by Drebin_893 (2906 posts) -

I did the same. I have no desire to play it but why would I possibly say no.

#3 Posted by 49th (2722 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up! That is a great price, I bought it instantly.

#4 Posted by JacDG (2118 posts) -

Awesome, been wanting to play this forever, but never felt the price was right, now it is. Thank you!

#5 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Bulletstorm is a great game, it is kind of what Duke Nukem Forever should have been, easily worth $5 as I was happy with it at full price.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

I already played this and enjoyed it, but $5? Hard to say no.

#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

If I thought my machine could play this well I'd be all over this.

#8 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

GAHHH. I wish I had money in my paypal right now. Why do I never have money in my paypal when good deals come around.

#9 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I spent 40 bucks on this game and it was easily worth that price. 5 bucks is a steal. Buy it!

#10 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

That game is worth up to 6 times as much.

#11 Posted by Grilledcheez (3945 posts) -

As unappealing as the game was to me, I felt like I HAD to buy it at this price.

#12 Posted by MB (12201 posts) -

Anyone with modern PC hardware should give this a shot, I was able to force 16xAA and 16xAF along with some other tweaks and stay at 60FPS. Looks great and is pretty fun so far.

#13 Posted by Three0neFive (2289 posts) -

I'll literally never play this, but eh, why the fuck not.

Goddamnit, Steam. I'm a willing slave to your ridiculous deals.

#14 Posted by BisonHero (6396 posts) -

@Drebin_893 said:

I did the same. I have no desire to play it but why would I possibly say no.

@Grilledcheez said:

As unappealing as the game was to me, I felt like I HAD to buy it at this price.

@Three0neFive said:

I'll literally never play this, but eh, why the fuck not.

So that's how commerce works now? As Jeff would say, humanity is fucking doomed.

#15 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I feel like a dipshit for buying it when it was 50% off on Origin about 2 weeks ago. Oh well.

#16 Posted by me3639 (1747 posts) -

Been waiting for some of those shooters i missed to go on sale. Bought it as soon as i saw it for $5. Waiting for Singularity and Metro 2033 to hit that point.

#17 Posted by Sneeze (90 posts) -

@CL60 said:

GAHHH. I wish I had money in my paypal right now. Why do I never have money in my paypal when good deals come around.

You should really go check your steam friend requests then.

Someone might have something for you. *cough*

#18 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

Was kind of bummed this didn't have achievements.

#19 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I played the first hour on the 360 and didn't care for it...and I STILL seriously considered buying it.

#20 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

@RazielCuts: No Steam achievements. Has Achievements for GFWL or whatever Microsoft's new name for that stuff is.

Great game for 5 bucks.

#21 Posted by ichthy (493 posts) -

Probably the most fun pure shooter I've played in awhile.

#22 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Bulletstorm is good dumb fun and for $5. Definitely recommended for this price.

#23 Posted by AlexW00d (6230 posts) -

Just played the first hour and a half of this and already feel like it was £3.75 well spent. Even if some woman wants to kill my dick.

#24 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Tempted... But isn't it better on 360?

#25 Posted by technojunk (7 posts) -

good price. bought it for 7 something a month ago on amazon for disc.

#26 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

@Barrock said:

Tempted... But isn't it better on 360?

Could just use a controller if that's your thing

#27 Posted by AdzPearson (201 posts) -

That's a great price. I bought it for £10 for the 360 and I thought it was worth it for that. Maybe a little on the easy side (even though I played it on 'Hard'), but it's a really fun game.

#28 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -

Iit's a good game, I played it at launch on 360. But, I have no desire to play it again, I have no time to play it again, my computer isn't powerful enough to play it on decent settings, and I hate GFWL. If it were half that price I would prob buy it though, even saying everything above. Just to have it.

#29 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

I guess now is not a very good time to only have £2.50 in my bank account when it costs £3.50. I'll just have to wait for the steam summer sale, which isn't too far away.

#30 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

@MacEG said:

@RazielCuts: No Steam achievements. Has Achievements for GFWL or whatever Microsoft's new name for that stuff is.

Great game for 5 bucks.

Two games on Steam right now I want to check out have GFWL, this and Batman Imposters. Never used the service before and not sure if I want to install it, only heard terrible things.

#31 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

@RazielCuts: It's not malicious or anything, it's just irritating to have a second layer. It's bearable as long as you can remember your login details.

#32 Posted by troll93 (386 posts) -

This is why I love steam, a AAA game that is only just over a year old for $5 bucks.

#33 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

@GS_Dan: Is it connected to XBL, so I can use those details to login? And most importantly, get those cheevos.

#34 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Must...resist...

#35 Posted by MB (12201 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

@GS_Dan: Is it connected to XBL, so I can use those details to login? And most importantly, get those cheevos.

Yeah, it's the same thing.

#36 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

huh , guess it is not available on my Icelandic steam.

Did not even know it was on steam.

Well I don't really mind , it is not a game I was planing on playing anyway but I just think it is kinda shitty that we don't get any daily deal at all.

#37 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Great underrated game. Really fun and looks great on PC. Plus you get 360 achievements which is a plus

#38 Posted by DxBecks (72 posts) -

I purchased it today as well, I figure even I don't get to it for a bit, five dollars is a great price for the game.

#39 Posted by DxBecks (72 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

@MacEG said:

Great game for 5 bucks.

Two games on Steam right now I want to check out have GFWL, this and Batman Imposters. Never used the service before and not sure if I want to install it, only heard terrible things.

Games for Windows Live is pretty fucking horrible if a Steam game requires it, not going to lie. It is clunky, annoying, and unnecessary. The only time it is tolerable is when a game doesn't use Steam, then its alright, but otherwise it adds nothing and just adds another step in before you can play your game. I tried playing the Bulletstorm demo today to see if should buy the game, and it wouldn't let me play it because it said I needed a CD-Key, despite it being a demo. The only way I could finally allow Live to let me play it was to sign out of my Xbox Live account.

#40 Posted by MB (12201 posts) -

@DxBecks: I installed Bulletstorm by Steam, then after it launched I was automatically signed in to GFWL and I pasted my CD key into the prompt. Since then the only time I notice it's even running is when I get an achievement.

I don't see what people get so up in arms about, it's not really that big of a deal.

#41 Edited by DxBecks (72 posts) -

I'm not talking about the full game though, I'm talking about the Demo of it. Games for Windows Live wanted me to enter a CD-Key to play the demo. My problem with Games for Windows Live comes from the fact that it is still required even if I bought a game on Steam, and that Microsoft completely abandoned it. I do not have a problem with Origin because EA at least supports the system and I can see a logical reason to its existence, and why games are on Origin and not on Steam. With Games for Windows Live it seems like Microsoft wanted to get a cut of the digital distribution pie on the computer, and become the next Steam except they forgot the fact that they didn't have many published titles of their own to sell on the service. If Microsoft had a strong selection of Microsoft Published games to distribute for the computer scene then I could understand Games for Windows Live, but right now it seems to only get support form third-parties and only acts as yet another way to make sure I purchased a legitimate copy of a game, which I clearly did if I bought something off of Steam. I like the idea of a Games for Windows Live, but right now its implementation is just horrible and Microsoft pretty much left it die.

#42 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Sneeze said:

@CL60 said:

:O I added someone.

#43 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

@MB said:

@DxBecks: I installed Bulletstorm by Steam, then after it launched I was automatically signed in to GFWL and I pasted my CD key into the prompt. Since then the only time I notice it's even running is when I get an achievement.

I don't see what people get so up in arms about, it's not really that big of a deal.

I agree. The only time it's annoying is if I'm going to be playing something and someone's using the 360 for netflix or something. Then I have to go through and disable my network adapter so it doesn't sign me in. Sounds like a bigger hassle then it actually is.

#44 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Sneeze said:

@CL60 said:

Got it!

Thanks man!

#45 Posted by Sneeze (90 posts) -
@CL60

@CL60 said:

@Sneeze said:

@CL60 said:

Got it!

Thanks man!

Your welcome! :)
Now I'll go back to sleeping.
#46 Posted by MB (12201 posts) -

This weekend may be a good time to check out Bulletstorm's multiplayer mode. I think I remember hearing it was more or less another Horde mode knockoff, has anyone played it?

#47 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

Thought about it but decided against it. I really had no fun playing the demo. Ps - I think the way they marketed it was a really bad choice.

#48 Posted by Deusoma (3004 posts) -
@BisonHero said:

So that's how commerce works now? As Jeff would say, humanity is fucking doomed.

I'm with you. I bought the '09 Wolfenstein last month because it was five bucks, but that was a game I thought looked cool and kinda wanted to play at the time, a feeling I still have. I know for a fact that I'm going to play Wolfenstein as soon as I finish the game I'm playing now. I would never buy something I had no intention of actually playing just because it was cheap. Off the top of my head, Amnesia: Dark Descent could be one single dollar, and I'd still not bite, for I know that being constantly terrified is not my idea of a good time.
#49 Posted by MB (12201 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Must...resist...

You should just get this for $5 while you still can. I played the campaign straight through today, took about eight hours. It was a ton of fun...I buy a lot of Steam sale games, and this may have been the best $5 game I've ever purchased. I know it didn't sell that great, but paying five bucks for this is pretty incredible considering it was $60 only a year ago.

#50 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@MB: I really can't spare the fiver right now, was doing my financials last night and either I don't eat the coming days or I play Bulletstorm.
I like food better, it turns out :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.