Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Echoes Scoreboard Gamertag Thread

• 65 results
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chokobo

None of my friends have Bulletstorm, but I'd love to have a friend's leaderboard to compete with, so I figured I'd make this thread for like-minded Bombers who want some score-based competition, but lack the current friends list to do so.  Also maybe we could get some arranged Anarchy going.  Who knows?

Gamertag: CH0K0B0 (circles are zeros)

360 GAMERTAG LIST :
    mfpantst
    MasterDS
    bspot84
    SkillzwithaS
    | Super Sambo |
     spike58
     joseph9631  
     Wolf Blitzer85  
     Cpt Chiken
     Faster Disaster
     ThunderRainSnow  
     Euryb
     Brockie100
     WeeshLoL

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By mfpantst

gamertag (presuming xbox 360): mfpantst

Same issue here, don't have friends who seem to be playing this game

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By TheMasterDS

(360) MasterDS 

Awesome, need some competition.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chokobo

If you aren't logged in to LIVE when you do an echoes run, the score WILL NOT BE SAVED.

Had a 10K Marina run and it wasn't recorded because it D/C'd me from LIVE halfway through the run.  :(

Korosuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Korosuzo

Sounds like a great idea.  Gamertag is BSpot84 on xbox360

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chokobo

Good luck on Marina, all.  It's rough trying to get 3 stars on it.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mfpantst
    @Chokobo: Word.  i haven't played with the echos yet.  Is that one available right out of the gate?  I may go home and do that just now then.
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chokobo

Yeah, I think Echoes is available right off the bat.  

Marina just as a lot less enemies and/or environmental kills than the other echoes, it feels.  Maybe 25 enemies total.  Pretty much a requirement to switch out all your weapons halfway through to get the 3 star rating.

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By tkalsey

gt: Skillzwithas

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#10  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Sounds good to me.  My gamertag is big bad sleazy.  I can't do competitive multiplayer because of my piss-poor connection, but this should be fine.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chokobo
    @tkalsey: Finally got your Hideout score after about an hour and a half.  :) 
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Sambambo

I Super Sambo I

Should arrive tomorrow.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mfpantst

So I wish they had the leaderboards set up online.  I didn't go through all the echos last night, but did get top spot in one (the demo level).  w00t...  Don't know if that held though.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMasterDS
    @Chokobo: I just did the Marina, though my final score was short of your score. Tell me, what weapons did you go for? I'm currently tending towards using the sniper rifle for both parts, pistol for part one and shotgun for part two. Way I figure should have the shotgun for the end since it's the only way to reliably get exterminator in one shot, and pistol is just a general all around weapon. As for the sniper rifle, I feel like I may be using it only because it was big around that point in the campaign and it feels right to try for a lot of dumb trick shots. 

Also, I'm curious, anyone else try doing one weapon runs of levels? I started doing that in the Demo to warm up and to spot new skill shot opportunities I might not have seen otherwise due to having an existing plan in mind that I do everytime. I've only done this for Collapsed Building so far since I feel it's best to do this long after you get a good solid feel for a level, but still it's worth trying I think. 

My only gripe with Echoes is that you can't use the weapons from later in the game in earlier echoes. Such a shame because the Drill Gun is amazing. Hopefully whatever DLC Echoes they release won't have that problem.
    brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#15  Edited By brownsfantb

None of my friends have the game yet either so I could use some people on my leaderboard too.

My gamertag is spike58. And I'll play Anarchy mode whenever too.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chokobo
    @TheMasterDS: For the first part I used sniper/pistol (premature, hotshot, bluff, enlightenment, firefighter/afterburner, shocker fish food in that order) and flail/shotty for the second (torpedo, legless, topless, suasage fest/sadist, burn, voodoo doll, gang bang).  I think what throws me, personally, off for whatever reason is the fact that it's a very thin path in a very open looking area.  idk, sort of an odd hindrance, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Haven't done any single gun runs outside of those that the game limits you to one weapon.  Pretty much mastered the PMC trying to beat kalsey's hideout score.   Basically, finding the perfect spots to use X-Ray.  X-Ray is one hell of a skillshot.  So many points.  Let me break it down: 2 kills: 400 Pt. 3 kills: 900pt. 4 kills: 1600 pt. (unconfirmed, just going with the pattern).  If it's your first kill of that type tack on another 400 points.  So if it's your first X-Ray of the run and you kill 4 people, you get an instant 2K.  Crazy.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I am guessing this is for PC gamers too? IS the game cross platform in anyway?

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chokobo
    @NekuSakuraba: Should be.  Not quite sure how the leaderboards work between Games for Windows Live and Xbox Live, but I'll make lists for all platforms.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Gamertag = joseph9631

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Wolf Blitzer85 

My friends list is empty so some scores would be nice!

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mfpantst

So this is pretty fun- you all need to complete all the echos though :)  Also - we ought play some anarchy.  Last night I had two pretty long rounds with randos who were 'doing it right' and the gameplay was really really fun.  I think anarchy mode runs a little faster than normal single player stuff so that's fun.  Also- it is really un-fun when you play with people who don't understand how to work together.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By brownsfantb
    @mfpantst: Planning on doing some of the Echoes soon. Haven't had much time so far this week. And anytime anyone wants to play Anarchy mode, I'll definitely play.
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CptChiken

I'll play.  

Cpt Chiken

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By napalm

Hell yeah! I am one hundred percent down for this, and I am especially interested in multiplayer, after playing with some, well, not-so-good randoms. 

Xbox 360 - Faster Disaster 

I'm going to go ahead and add most of you!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By napalm
    So, @TheMasterDS: and myself had a hell of a fun time in Anarchy Mode tonight. We were scoring roughly 7,000 points every time, every wave, but we got taken out by the Cannoneer (sp?) at level eight or nine, I believe, and I had to dip right after. So yeah, we had much more success as a two-man team (comparatively to four-player randoms), and we were both on point for the challenge skillshots, and getting the kills when one of us would thump a group of freaks. 

So yeah, this is totally an open invitation if anybody else wants to get in on this and make it a three or four man team, as long as you have a mic, so we can chat, (even though I didn't use mine when we played, haha), I'm sure with some more skilled players involved we will get pretty far, and maybe even some pre-game planning in terms of divvying out the weapons to maximize damage and such, (I'm just thinking ahead and out loud here, haha). 

So yeah, GG, TheMasterDS!
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheMasterDS

Yeah, gg @Napalm:. It was my first anarchy mode attempt so it was a little shaky at first, but we got into the grove of it a few rounds in. Key seems to be to go for those Team Skillshots whenever possible. Also don't get a trust fund and choose weapons right. At first I guessed that the Pistol would be the right one to get because I like the pistol more than the assault rifle, but since I can only have one side arm eventually I figured I should use one that gets bigger points, like the drillgun or the flailgun. Eventually I settled on the shotgun and ran with it. It's pretty solid as far as weapons go.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By napalm
    @TheMasterDS: That was your first anarchy try? Damn! You could have fooled me, haha! But yeah, the key I have found is make sure you fill up your charge shots after every round, and your first big purchase should be getting the Thumper because thumping dudes is a great way to get some specific skillshots, and an awesome way to clear the battlefield when shit gets a little too crazy. Also, it's good to focus on the Carbine and any other weapon of your choice after you get the Thumper. 

Maybe we could also compare Anarchy Mode notes and elevate each other as well!
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMasterDS
    @Napalm: It's unfortunate because my weakest weapon in the game is probably the PMC. Still haven't gotten getting the X-Ray skillshot down yet, and I miss going for Boned sometimes too. Not my weapon of choice. 

Probably will go for Shotgun in the future because it's so nice to slide into dudes firing. Only thing is I have to get a good Thump to get any use out of the charged shot, which meant I was sitting on a charged round for 3 or 4 rounds during our game. Still, it's so damn handy in terms of good solid points I suppose I should just roll with it. If anything else I'd pick up the Revolver because it was my favorite in the demo, or the flail because it has some of the best potential Skillshots. Still, considering there are upgrades, might be better to specialize in a gun early instead of unlocking them all for variety. It's kind of a shame really.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm
    @TheMasterDS: I've gotten the x ray skillshot a few times now, but it's mostly been random. I won't be looking for it and I'll see some grouped dudes and take a hit and I'll end up scoring with it. The shotgun is a good weapon, but you have to upgrade the damage on it one or twice to get the full benefit, I've found. The great thing about that is its easy to get basic skillshots, and even doubling up on them just from shooting dudes up close. There's legless and topless, and one or two more from that gun.

I've also found there isn't much of a benefit to the revolver unless the speed is upgraded, because even if the freaks get thumped, it still takes more than four shots to take a single guy out, and even then it's difficult to get surgeon.
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheMasterDS
    @Napalm: Yeah, I gave it another go and I can definitely see that. It's probably owing to the fact that I'm not used to having to upgrade my guns before they stop being shit. It requires some serious consideration. 

After playing with some randoms, I'd probably guess the real reason playing with randoms is crap is because people are always stealing the shots you want to get off for no apparent reason. That is to say, when I'm trying to get Acid Rain some other guy comes along and snags one of the guys I was trying to do it with leaving me with only one dude. Great! Also they don't do fancy finishers on the minibosses despite the fact that provides double the points.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By napalm
    @TheMasterDS: Hey man, you wanna give this another try tonight? I'm down for another private room if you want to go again.
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheMasterDS
    @Napalm: Sure, why not?
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Chokobo

Try harder to get good at X-Ray.  It's the cheapest way to get LOADS of points.

Don't miss out on other opportunities though to try and get it, though.  It takes specific types of situations and positioning for it to really work well. Generally when a group of enemies spawn from the same place, get their attention, line them up and go for it.  Otherwise, don't waste the time, especially in anarchy mode when you probably won't be able to "hold aggro" for very long.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mfpantst
    @TheMasterDS: Back on top (of my friends list at least), as it should be.  Have fun!
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mfpantst
    @TheMasterDS:@Napalm:  So in Anarchy mode, I like to unlock the flail gun as soon as possible.  That way if you get lucky you can get gang bang, homie missle, smart mine, minefield, or grenade gag for some easy points.  But mainly I use it because if a teammate kills the dude you get a team sadist modifier, which gives you easy points.  Also once you get the thumper flail+thumper are nice ways to get easy boss points.  You flail until you can thump the boss then you get a shit ton for killing him.  That's just my 2c.  It amounts to less kills (as a quick check of the friends leadeboards shows), but more skill points- getting you through more rounds.
    ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By ReddenBlack

I'm always looking for GB members to play with .

Gamertag: ThunderRainSnow

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheMasterDS
    @mfpantst said:
    " @TheMasterDS: Back on top (of my friends list at least), as it should be.  Have fun! "
    This is no longer the case I'm afraid, I am now 5000 points above you after a remarkably good run on Monorail in which I got 12000 points. No X-Ray or Boned either, all just a lot of crazy weapons switching every 30 seconds. Still need to get that down. Since it is very contextual, maybe the key is dedicating a run to looking for X-Ray spots. Seems easy enough.
    euryb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By euryb

(360) Euryb

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By napalm
    @TheMasterDS: o_O 

I have yet to boot up the echos. ANARCHY MODE IS FUN.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mfpantst
    @TheMasterDS:Damn.  

@Napalm: I need people to play anarchy with.  So far, when I play i usually outscore the team, and that's fine for about 7 rounds, but after that we tend not to meet the round targets.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By napalm
    @mfpantst: I totally sent you a message asking if you wanted to do Anarchy a couple days ago.  

-_-
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Chokobo

Never made it past Round 8.  Made it to that point once when me and another dude were exclusively doing team Skillshots together.  Then he left.  :(

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By napalm
    @Chokobo: I'll be on later tonight if you want to join TheMasterDS and myself. We've been scoring about 7K consistently.
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chokobo

Just did all the Echoes.  3-starred all of them in one or two runs.  No really stellar scores, though.  :)

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mfpantst
    @Napalm:  Yes- sorry that particular night wasn't good for playing with non-randos, too many people around.  I should (read should) be online tonight sometime around or after 7 EST...  Also- I'm starting a topic on anarchy tactics- too many people actually trying and still 'doing it wrong' so I have to say something.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By napalm
    @mfpantst: Were you playing with randoms that night and trying to teach them some stuff? :p

Yeah, it's going to be awhile before most people get in the groove of the game, especially multiplayer, but playing with randoms is almost always going to be a disaster. TheMasterDS and myself have had great success as a two-man team, but later on, shit has started to get a little too crazy, even with beefed up health, so having an extra gun or two on deck certainly wouldn't hurt! :p 

Also, I'm not too familiar with skillshots involving some of the later weapons, (that you acquire in the campaign), so I know those can definitely help beef up our scores.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mfpantst
    @Napalm:  Lol- no, I was playing while people were watching and in that case, playing headset-less with randos works better (strange as that seems)  So I'm def up for being a third gun though.  I specialize in anarchy mode flail gun tactics :)
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By napalm
    @mfpantst: Oh, gotcha. I've been having trouble with the flail gun and the screamer. When shooting thumped freaks with the charge shot, it hasn't been igniting nearby targets, so I was missing out on opportunities to get things like firefighter and afterburner. And my issue I had with the flail gun was much the same, when I exploded the shot it wasn't tagging nearby freaks.
    Brockie100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Brockie100

Brockie100

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mfpantst
    @Napalm:  I see.  I haven't tried the screamer- though I may, but thanks for the heads up.  So I've had great success with the flail gun in anarchy mode, but what I've found as the proper use is a little unintuitive.  First- unless you upgrade your power on the flail gun you won't get alot of the homie missle/gang bang/ minefield/ smart mine skillshots on tougher than basic enemies.  The melee dudes are basic as are the skull faced assault rifle baddies.  After that you don't get as much of the splash damage until you level the power up.  Second, the charge shot is only good if you catch a wave right when they start and you can get a lined up shot (friendlies don't affect this) of the baddies for a chain reaction.  Other than that it's good for a well timed headshot or a savior- but those are more luck.  

Third, and most important- the flail gun is best (imho) in anarchy for getting the sadist points.  That means you hit dudes and let a teammate kill them before the grenades go off or you kill the dude yourself.  That makes it so you help the team, and people who do more of the 'just shoot the baddies' thing get some points (team points are good points), so it involves them somewhat unwittingly.  Also, you can get the gang bang and such with the sadist if the dude dies in a group of enemies as the grenades still go off.

That's my 2p on the gun- I was thinking of trying the screamer but if they don't always ignite dudes that would suck.  I am finding that with secondary weapons a team of people need variety (each person have a different one), and that the 'killer' secondaries (penetrator, the bomb thingy and the shotgun) aren't as effective because they are more 'one-shot' kill items.  The other thing I find helps is getting a second weapon early

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.