Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Eco Case!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon_Sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Demon_Sandwich

So after a rare long day at work. i came home and to no surprise my package from amazon was sitting on my bed placed my big bro. Then to open the envelope and see my package of Killzone 3 and bulletstorm in my hands i was elated. but then i felt my 360 copy of bulletstorm and was sadden to fell the effects of going green.  What is a little more sadder i usually buy all my multiplats on ps3 (beacuse of friends irl and more friends in general on ps3).

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

LAME! Now I have even more reason to not buy this game! (Wasn't really planning on it anyway). 

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer

I don't get it, was the disc scratched or is the case just a eco-friendly case? What's the big deal?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By WickedCestus

I thought all 360 games were in eco-cases now,

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

Last time i cared about the weight of a game box was.....NEVER

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By monetarydread

If anything an Eco-case is a selling feature for me.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By mfpantst
    @supermike6 said:
    " I thought all 360 games were in eco-cases now, "
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I.... guess he's trying to point out the irony of Bulletstorm's nature in comparison to an eco-case? *shrug*

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mfpantst
    @JoyfullOFrockets:  maybe?
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @nikeforces: Is it one of those cases that has the holes in it? Because I think those should be abolished. 
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mfpantst
    @MooseyMcMan: Yes- an eco case has those holes in the disc area.  Less plastic.  EVERY xbox game comes like that, can't speak for other consoles
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By YoungFrey

My cynical side imagines that instead of making new molds, they still make the cases the old way, then just punch out the eco-holes and throw that plastic away.   

My problem with Eco cases is that they are clearly not based on some optimal method of reducing packaging  while still keeping the disk safe.  Otherwise they wouldn't have the recycling logo in them (unless by some amazing math coincidence that is the superior shape for structure at minimal material use).  Plus the boxes are still tall for no reason other than consitency.  If they cared, they would be making circular cases with falattened section on the bottom, do you think any developer would really be sad the booklet wouldn't fit anymore?  Or they could just make boxes the same size as PS3 ones.    

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aus_azn
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @nikeforces: Is it one of those cases that has the holes in it? Because I think those should be abolished.  "
    This. To the letter.

@YoungFrey said:
    " My cynical side imagines that instead of making new molds, they still make the cases the old way, then just punch out the eco-holes and throw that plastic away.    My problem with Eco cases is that they are clearly not based on some optimal method of reducing packaging  while still keeping the disk safe.  Otherwise they wouldn't have the recycling logo in them (unless by some amazing math coincidence that is the superior shape for structure at minimal material use).  Plus the boxes are still tall for no reason other than consitency.  If they cared, they would be making circular cases with falattened section on the bottom, do you think any developer would really be sad the booklet wouldn't fit anymore?  Or they could just make boxes the same size as PS3 ones.     "
    I feel that they basically intend for the cases to hold the game on the shelf, then the consumer takes the disc, manual and sleeve out, puts those in a safe place, then recycles the case. It's an idiotic concept. I usually replace all of my Eco-Cases with regular cases. I only sell games in Eco-Cases so that the problem is passed onto the next owner and I'm still happy.
    guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By guthwulf

Are these things USA only? Or brand new? I have never seen one of them outside the internet.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By zidd

360 and wii games ship in them now. You can buy replacement cases if you want to have real boxes. I hope PS3 games never start shipping in those stupid cheap eco-boxes.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ch13696
    @Lukeweizer said:
    " I don't get it, was the disc scratched or is the case just a eco-friendly case? What's the big deal? "
    It's more of the fact that it's easier for something to tear through the artwork and casing.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aus_azn
    @ch13696: I've gotten scratched games in eco-cases before. Luckily, it was for L4D2 on PC, whose disc I never ever used.
    Demon_Sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Demon_Sandwich
    @Lukeweizer: well that was scared about. Amazon didnt put in the makeshift box they usually put multiple games in. they just put in the manila envelope and it kind of scared me. because i thought it would be scratched. Also i have only got eco cases in my ea games. My Alan Wake, fable III, and Halo Reach cases are normal cases. Also i just think the less plastic scares me. I take care of my games but the flimsy plastic just doesn't sit well for me long term.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @ch13696 said:
    " @Lukeweizer said:
    " I don't get it, was the disc scratched or is the case just a eco-friendly case? What's the big deal? "
    It's more of the fact that it's easier for something to tear through the artwork and casing. "
    This is why I hate them.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Vinny_Says

your case was caught in a bulletstorm, that's why there's all those holes in it.....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.