Here's A Quick Look At Epic And People Can Fly's Bulletstorm

• 170 results
Posted by Brad (2881 posts) -

You may remember Bulletstorm as the new first-person shooter from Epic and Painkiller devs People Can Fly that sounds like it will revolve around kill combos, snazzy trick shots, and general arcade-style action. Apparently Epic was so impressed with the game that they up and bought People Can Fly outright. Let's find out why with these screenshots!

We're supposed to be getting a good look at the game in the near future, but for now, your thoughts?
Staff
#1 Posted by Brad (2881 posts) -

You may remember Bulletstorm as the new first-person shooter from Epic and Painkiller devs People Can Fly that sounds like it will revolve around kill combos, snazzy trick shots, and general arcade-style action. Apparently Epic was so impressed with the game that they up and bought People Can Fly outright. Let's find out why with these screenshots!

We're supposed to be getting a good look at the game in the near future, but for now, your thoughts?
Staff
#2 Posted by Trogd0r2 (22 posts) -

Looks cool

#3 Posted by Jacob816 (136 posts) -

Looking neat. People Can Fly do good work.

#4 Posted by thecleric (793 posts) -

reminds me of Zeno Clash.

#5 Edited by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Looks like a first-person Ratchet & Clank game.

#6 Posted by wfolse1 (455 posts) -

pretty cool looking. For some reason I see a little bit of Borderlands...

#7 Posted by Euey (109 posts) -

Looks pretty snazzy.

#8 Posted by Renegadegd (73 posts) -

some of those screenshots look like they came right from gears. i cant wait! def a lot more interested now.

#9 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Looking good! I've heard very good things about Painkiller, so I'm very interested in this.
#10 Posted by KuribosShoe (640 posts) -

Excellent.

#11 Posted by Garadon (90 posts) -

reminds me of serious sam.

#13 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5251 posts) -

I like the amount of color used. Everything is nice and vibrant. Definitely get a zeno clash vibe from it.

#14 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

Game Informer much?

#15 Posted by Scratch (628 posts) -

I kinda get a borderlands vibe from it. But a lot more vibrant colors.

#16 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

This would need a public demo.

#17 Posted by pegasuswinks (84 posts) -

Feels like a ... free style arcade CoD 4 with some Ratchet and Clank thrown in , pretty Epic looking though.

#18 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Man, this looks really good. I dig the style, and it looks like its got some crazy Psi shit goin' on.

#19 Posted by Jimbo (9776 posts) -

I like the art style, but the concept sounds a bit... eh.  No co-op?  Campaign has gotta be some handcrafted, polished-to-perfection masterpiece for that to fly nowadays.

#20 Posted by PLWolf (921 posts) -

I look forward to the real Quick Look in the near future.

#21 Posted by Rourkey (180 posts) -

looks interesting. certainly worth paying attention to

#22 Posted by MeatSim (10781 posts) -

So misleading

#23 Edited by HatKing (5838 posts) -

I would like to see it in action.  I'm okay with the point system in the game if it is done right; I fucking hated The Club though.  Something more akin to  Halo 3's multiplayer points mini-game would be more fun and less game-dominating.  I don't much care for games that are based around an arbitrary points system; that makes a shooter little more than a 'eye-spy' style game where you are just hunting for the highest point value on screen.  Not to mention anything with a time limit sucks by default.
#24 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Shapin' up to be an awesome game.

#25 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

I expected like twenty enemies on screen at any given time. But it still looks cool.

#26 Posted by AaronReynolds (69 posts) -

I hate nature AND humans, so this seems like tha bomb!
#27 Edited by Galbrezu (126 posts) -

Here's to hoping they can top the gun in painkiller that shoots shurikens and lightning :D.

#28 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

STOP SAYING QUICK LOOK, BRAD. Stop it.

#29 Posted by Mantel (44 posts) -

Painkiller with more colour tbh. 

Bets on for a stake-style gun?

#30 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@thecleric said:
" reminds me of Zeno Clash. "
#31 Posted by drumpsycho89 (505 posts) -

WOW! that sure does look freekin awsome!!!

#32 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@Jacob816: Except ports. They do horrible jobs of those. 
The screenshots look interesting enough. I'll be interested to see some gameplay footage.
#33 Posted by ch3burashka (5017 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
" @thecleric said:
" reminds me of Zeno Clash. "
"
Zeno Clash + Brink.
#34 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

blend of unreal tournament and painkiller! Genius

#35 Posted by Southgrove (322 posts) -

Wow, if the animations are as good as the still frames are it's going to be beautiful. In a bloody sense.

#36 Posted by FrankCastle (12 posts) -

I was expecting a lot more Black and a lot less evil plants and fantasy.  still, looks sick.

#37 Posted by Majkiboy (957 posts) -

looks cool! :D

#38 Posted by Lazyaza (2169 posts) -

I loved painkiller and this game looks sweet.  First shooter I've seen in forever that seems to have some originality and creativity in it.

#39 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -

As long as its co-op, sign me up. Artstyle looks very nice, the graphics overall are very sweet indeed.

#40 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@DukeTogo said:
" Game Informer much? "
Yeh... I thought the same thing. 

Does anyone else not care about this game like I do?  From what I read in Game Informer.... I couldn't find a reason to want it.  Maybe my FPS meter is just full.
#41 Posted by KidNapalm (2 posts) -

Epic bought PCF ? This can only be good news.

#42 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2322 posts) -

Looks colorful!

#43 Posted by ComixZone (92 posts) -

colourful.  probably the first time in quite sometime that simple screenshots have gotten me interested... 

good stuff.

#44 Posted by geirr (2483 posts) -

Call this a brief glance or something, not quick look! D: 

As for the game it reminds me of Arkham's Poison Ivy 'stages' with more brown added.

#45 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

This just had to have co-op.
#46 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I saw a boot melee attack - I'm in.

#47 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -

Looks awesome.

#48 Posted by TheMoD (123 posts) -

Oh my god, I loved painkiller, its soo much fun. Finally those guys make another game! Oh and yea for a second there I thought you're actually doing a quicklook of it >:(
#49 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Looks cool. I'm looking forward to more info on it.

#50 Posted by VoshiNova (1645 posts) -

Holy shit! Those pics have, like, you holding the gun and stuff!
Duuuude this is gonna do SO much for the gaming industry, we'll call it FPS or First Person Shooter.

Seriously?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.