Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Issue with PC version???

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SSully

So after I install the game and try to start it up a Games for Windows Live window comes up saying, "Games for windows must verify the release date of your game please make sure your computer is connected to the internet" And nothing happens. Its just that window, with no buttons and it stays there.  

Am I missing something? Am I suppose to do something when this window comes up?? 

EDIT: 

No Caption Provided
    My issue lied in this window coming up when trying to launch the game. Well as you can see it doesn't have anything for you to click, or tell you to do anything. The solution is to just press the enter button. I got the game on launch and it took me almost a week to figure this out. This is the first, and final time i buy a game that supports games for windows live. 
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By salad10203
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SSully

The fact they are using GFWL is baffling. I thought it was extinct to be honest. Well I am searching for a solution, if anyone else experiences it, or knows a fix let me know, if not my next post will only be if I find a solution. Thanks salad for the link.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @SSully: It probably has something to do with Microsoft and the 360 version of the game coming with the Gears "beta". You know, a wink-wink, nudge-nudge type of deal, where they use that in order for Microsoft to give the go-ahead for the Gears "beta".
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SomeJerk

No FOV adjusting? Forced mouse-acceleration?

Good old typical Unreal Engine 3 bullshit we're forced to gobble down. You take care of that by binding keys that set your FoV to what you want in the right config file, but you need to hit those keys every time your FoV changes back, and the mouse-acceleration is another config file deal. Bet there's no anti-aliasing support either! The most popular multi-platform engine and by far, the worst - for PC gamers, because devs don't seem to do much when it's time to make the PC version.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cyraxible

The amount of effort put into this version of the game is fucking embarrassing. For a company that is part of the PC Gamers Alliance they didn't even bother to give us mouse support in the menus.  Did they even look at it?

This is fucking ridiculous and I encourage anyone to post this on their forums or email them. Don't just gripe about it on the GB forums.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @cyraxible said:
    " The amount of effort put into this version of the game is fucking embarrassing. For a company that is part of the PC Gamers Alliance they didn't even bother to give us mouse support in the menus.  Did they even look at it? This is fucking ridiculous and I encourage anyone to post this on their forums or email them. Don't just gripe about it on the GB forums. "
    Wow that is bad. To be fair though the only other gaming company on that list is Capcom, and most of their PC ports suck. 
    Still, come on Epic! You used to care. I still have my copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 to prove it.
    Ichorid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Ichorid4
    @wasteguru said: 
    Wow that is bad. To be fair though the only other gaming company on that list is Capcom, and most of their PC ports suck. Still, come on Epic! You used to care. I still have my copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 to prove it. "
    I've found Capcom's PC ports to be quite decent, code-wise, even if they've lacked DLC etc. 

As for Bulletstorm, this is really upsetting. It'll be available on Steam for me in 9 hours, but I think I might just pass at this rate. It is a real shame for Epic of all people. 

I remember upgrading video cards and tweaking settings till the cows came how for UT and again for UT2003. This seems like it's just embarrassing. 

However I don't mind GFWL generally... achievements are always good and the DRM isn't that intrusive.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwho

If piracy so daunts you that you can't even make a single new menu option for the PC version and just do the least amount of work possible, don't even bother.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jack268

So pirates get the good game as usual?

Not even surprised.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Edwardryu

for console gamers, don't get me wrong. past 5 years console hack, crack game version have been increased as much as PC side. so don't get comfortable. soon you console gamers will have the same problem. just try to search for any console game crack, then how many games you can find for free. you will be shock.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @Jack268 said:
    "

So pirates get the good game as usual?

Not even surprised.

"
    Dude, this game was leaked out to console pirates a week before it went on sale, and it was downloaded like crazy for the 360 and PS3.

Don't pretend to be special or witty.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jack268

Gah, goddamn quote button refuses to work. Any way, I wasn't pretending anything and if pirates got it a week early that just strengthens my point.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

And yet Epic will be blaming the PC gamers if the game bombs. 

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @2HeadedNinja said:
    " And yet Epic will be blaming the PC gamers if the game bombs.  "
    Obviously everybody having problems are only having problems because they're running some hacked pirated version. 
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaptainObvious

The PC version is a fucking travesty.

Cordiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cordiss

For what it's worth, a .ini decrypter has been posted on the bulletstorm boards. That at least will help tweak the game a bit.
    Check it out: http://www.bulletstormforum.com/bulletstorm-pc/552-bulletstorm-ini-editor.html

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By spazmaster666

Hmm, I never had any issue with the PC version. Ran pretty smooth for the most part. I've only encountered one minor glitch during the robot sequence and it corrected itself within a few minutes. GFWL is a little annoying but the fact that the game has no other DRM to speak of is a big positive for me, despite he downsides that GFWL brings. 

@Krakn3Dfx said:

Obviously everybody having problems are only having problems because they're running some hacked pirated version.  "
    The game has no DRM though (only GFWL which just prevents you from playing online) so there's no point in hacking it.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By harris

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I found the PC version to be fine. Sure, I had some trouble getting GFWL to work properly and had to download an INI decrypter to change an option or two, but it wasn't so bad. I am of course disappointed with the fact that they decided to use some extremely weak encryption that would obviously be broken instantly on release to attempt to obscure some harmless settings. None of these inconveniences were particularly game breaking for me, though, and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to play it on the PC instead of a console, something I greatly prefer. Maybe others have had worse experiences, but it seems to me that a lot of these problems have been exaggerated out of proportion, and are really just some minor problems.

Dedlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dedlok

I've only had 2 crashes myself. One during the Hekaton Cutscene. My PC doesn't like that cutscene for some reason and another after my third attempt at the eliete Echoes area of Chapter 7. At that point I decided to stop due to it being late. 

Beyond that the only problems I experienced are a couple times I managed to accidentally slide while vaulting over an obstacle and got stuck for a bit. One time I managed to slide my back off it, the other time I had to reload checkpoint. But that's not really a PC related issue there.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By captain_clayman
    @2HeadedNinja said:
    " And yet Epic will be blaming the PC gamers if the game bombs.  "
    yeah this game is gonna do horribly on PC because it's horrible. 
    bagels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By bagels

I had a pretty debilitating bug throughout the entire game where I couldn't hear character dialog unless I was looking directly at the player. This caused the most problems during the pre-rendered cutscenes when I couldn't hear anything but music. Really killed parts of the story for me. 

I will say that multiplayer has been surprisingly fun.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SSully

Hmmm well I am back again, I cannot find a fix for my problem anywhere. The closest I've gotten was someone posting the same problem on the offical GFWL technical support forums, but his fix didn't work for me. So i tried posting a new message but the forums wont work because it says I dont have a gamer tag, despite it logging me in, and showing me my GFWL gamer tag. It is like this game doesn't want me to fix it.  

Anyways heres a screenshot of what happens when i try to start the game, if anyone knows a fix please quote me with a response, any help is appreciated. Same as before if I find a fix ill be sure to post it here for anyone with the same issue. 

No Caption Provided
    Victor17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Victor17
    @SSully:  try clicking in the window and pressing enter, or tab enter, the ok button your supposed to click on is there but not rendering in the proper res so you can see it. Hope that works.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SSully
    @Victor17: Thanks, but as I edited in the original post, I figured it out. But i appreciate your response none the less.
    Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scotto

I had no issues with the game on PC at all, aside from the pre-rendered cutscenes being pretty sluggish for some reason.  GFW worked fine for me, the game never crashed despite beating the campaign in one sitting (meaning I played for an extended period), the framerate was mostly silky smooth for me - everything was good.  

- Scott

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.