This game is really great on the PC..

#1 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Something about the precision with kb&m and the leash/kick/skillshot mechanic is just really satisfying in this game. The weapons are Quake-ish, and there's no jump button - there's a slide. You basically Scorpion "get over here" bad guys, aim, and kick them into deadly objects. Electrified wall of computers? That's bonus XP. Spikes? Oh man. Set them on fire, kick them into things. Kick them off the side of tall shit. Leash them into sharp things. And you probably won't see all the skillshots for 5 hours.

#2 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Yeah, the gameplay part is quite fun on the PC. Definitely enjoyed playing through it.

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I was disappointed with that game. Got it during Amazons summer sale and while it's definitely a well made game, it just did not click with me. Looked pretty on pc though

#4 Posted by BaconGames (3296 posts) -

One of those games I knew I would enjoy but ended up absolutely loving it. One of my favorite "gameplay" games of this generation as far as shooters go and enjoyed the hell out of it on PC. It's up and down with the story stuff but that's second fiddle to the exquisite shooting.

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

Its definitely the better Duke Nukem game that came out that year 

I mean, you could use your boot whenever you wanted to in Bulletstorm

#6 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Dicktits.

#7 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2213 posts) -

It was a pretty cool game that encouraged creative kills even if it was just finding electricity or spikes around the level.

#8 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

I never played all of it, but it sure as hell was the most fun I had with a shooter this year.

#9 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Bulletstorm is hilarious. Don't take the story seriously and enjoy the novel kill mechanics.

#10 Posted by Gnubberen (762 posts) -

I remember loving the Disco Inferno shootout..

#11 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

Yeah, I was surprised at how well the PC version felt, still not amazing but a lot better than most console ports I think. Definitely some of the most fun I had playing a shooter though, love me some over the top action games!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.