This or Killzone 3???

#1 Posted by I_TheBreather (11 posts) -

I preordered Killzone 3....and now I don't want it for some reason. I played the single player demo of killzone 3 and it was BORING. The multiplayer was fantastic however. Bulletstorm seems to have good single player......or am i wrong? Is there multiplayer?

#2 Posted by jking47 (1191 posts) -

Do what I did, get both. 
There is a horde mode multiplayer in bulletstorm

#3 Posted by KarlPilkington (2656 posts) -

Renting both.

#4 Posted by I_TheBreather (11 posts) -
@jking47: Sounds interesting...I'm leaning more towards bulletstorm now. But then the Beta for Killzone 3 was amazing. I always ended up in first place lol. 
#5 Posted by Boiglenoight (512 posts) -

Getting Killzone 3.  Multiplayer beta was fantastic, could care less about the singleplayer.

#6 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

I'll lend my voice to the Killzone crowd. It might be a bit more conventional, but it's pretty well crafted.

#7 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1175 posts) -

Both great games. Since I already have one I'd go with Killzone 3.

#8 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -

I thought the Killzone 3 campaign was a blast but the multiplayer is where it really shines. 

I'd go with Killzone, I'm waiting for a price drop on bulletstorm.

#9 Posted by Marcsman (2876 posts) -

Both like I did

#10 Posted by coryrx8 (175 posts) -

I just recently got Killzone 2 out in preparation for Killzone 3, and found that it was a lot less polished than I remembered. I have both games preordered, but if I could only afford one game, I wouldn't think twice about choosing Bulletstorm.
#11 Posted by Fearsome121 (58 posts) -

That and Bulletstorm being a mainly single-player affair, the 5-hour campaign just isn't gonna cut it. And Kz3 multiplayer looks awesome.

#12 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Killzone 3.

#13 Posted by Bocam (3553 posts) -
@Fearsome121:  Bulletstorm's campaign is about 8 to 12 hours long
#14 Posted by HoM3R (203 posts) -

If you can only afford one I can only assume that you want some value.
After 30min of bulletstorm  the hole kill with skill (kicking stuff, the slowmo and whip) you have pretty much seen it.
The singplayer is fun and I want to finish it but I cant see me spending hour after hour in coop horde mode.
Dont own a ps3 but Killzone 3 multiplayer seems freaking awsome and will give you alot more hours.

#15 Posted by Fearsome121 (58 posts) -
@Bocam: Oh my bad i guess, i was just going off of the IGN review saying it took them less than 6 hours to complete.
#16 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@HoM3R: If there are over one hundred-thirty different skillshots with the different weapons in Bulletstorm, I'd like to know how you managed to see every one of them in thirty minutes.
#17 Posted by Chokobo (1229 posts) -

Based on what I've read.  If you want competitive multiplayer, get Killzone; if you want more unique gameplay but you don't need competitive multi, get Bulletstorm

#18 Posted by Bollard (5027 posts) -
@Fearsome121: Actually there's a thread in this forum backing up what IGN said about it being 6 hours. Six hours for a single player game seems to me... shoddy. Also, I'm sorry but I don't see the fascination everyone has with Bulletstorm, it looks like a one trick pony to me and I can't imagine it providing entertainment for any longer than the demo lasted. Maybe it's a good thing it is short then.
#19 Posted by JakeTaylor (309 posts) -

Bulletzone: 3rd Storm.

#20 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

Buy one steal the other.
#21 Posted by conantheking (52 posts) -

Killzone 3 will last a lot longer than a 6 hour campaign and co-op.

#22 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

The multiplayer will last longer in Killzone 3 and make it a better purchase. Apparently Bulletstorm is really really short.

#23 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2661 posts) -

I got both. RIFT as well. Busy week.

#24 Posted by thehuntsmen5434 (427 posts) -

I bought Killzone 3 since I beat 2 and liked it, and I dunno 3 just didn't grab me as well as 2 did.  The menu's seem bland, and it just doesn't feel as exciting.   I picked up Bulletstorm today since it looks just like a whole different feel.  Something crazy and fun,  I'm in the mood for something that isn't stressful.

#25 Posted by brownsfantb (387 posts) -

I personally would get Bulletstorm. To me, it stands out more than Killzone does. I'd rather play a crazy-ass shooter than another deadly serious one.

#26 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

get Black Ops.  Bulletstorm campaign is intellectually insulting, Killzone one promotes Nazis and descrimination instead Black Ops provides a deep psycological triller and quality war hearth-breaking drama

#27 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

seriusly speaking Killzone 3 multiplayer is very well crafted

#28 Posted by SuperSambo (2837 posts) -

Bulletstorm by far. Ive only played Killzone 2, but opinions are that it is pretty much more of the same.

Bulletstorm is some of the most fun I have bad while playing a video game.

#29 Posted by SuperSambo (2837 posts) -
@Chavtheworld
@Fearsome121: Actually there's a thread in this forum backing up what IGN said about it being 6 hours. Six hours for a single player game seems to me... shoddy. Also, I'm sorry but I don't see the fascination everyone has with Bulletstorm, it looks like a one trick pony to me and I can't imagine it providing entertainment for any longer than the demo lasted. Maybe it's a good thing it is short then.
It is a 131 trick pony
#30 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -
@SuperSambo:   It is a 131 trick pony "

While not a bad game at all, Bulletstorm it´s like a Subway restaurant.. technically they have a lot of subs fo you to pick, but after a while (not long) they kinda taste all the same, much like skillshots. 
#31 Posted by SuperSambo (2837 posts) -
@DonPixel
@SuperSambo:   It is a 131 trick pony "

While not a bad game at all, Bulletstorm it´s like a Subway restaurant.. technically they have a lot of subs fo you to pick, but after a while (not long) they kinda taste all the same, much like skillshots. 
You need your tastebuds looking at.
#32 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
I say keep KZ 3, the online part will keep you coming back. Bullitstorm is short, so you will see a bunch at Gamestop soon enough
#33 Posted by xyzygy (9626 posts) -

I played only the demos of both but I liked Bulletstorm better. But not by much.

#34 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

If you can only get one, get Bulletstorm.  I am pretty sure Rico is dead in that timeline.

#35 Edited by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -
@Deeveeus said:

" I say keep KZ 3, the online part will keep you coming back. Bullitstorm is short, so you will see a bunch at Gamestop soon enough

Yeah well, if Killzone 2 is any indication then you'll be seeing plenty of them in the used and/or bargain bins before too long too.
#36 Posted by xCharlieSheen (69 posts) -

Killzone; Great multiplayer. The general Victor Sarrano character however put's the Bulletstorm single player over the top. He's one of the funniest villain's in video game history.

#37 Posted by Scotto (1113 posts) -

If you're not interested in competitive multiplayer, I absolutely think Bulletstorm is the better buy.  Better story (surprisingly), better action, and some funny dialogue from time to time.  The Echoes mode also gives the single player some limited legs after you've finished the campaign.  And it has co-operative "Horde" mode, if you're interested in that. 

And I say that as someone who has finished both games.  The Killzone 3 story just never made an impression on me. 

- Scott

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.