Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

WARNING: Game breaking bug. Unnaceptable.

• 93 results
    papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By papuccino1

This is for the XBOX 360 platform.  Found a VERY NASTY FUCKING ANNOYING bug in the game. I'm kind of pissed off right now because I just lost an hour and a half of gameplay.

It's Act 2 - Damsel in Distress. I died almost near the end of the act and instead of respawning at beginning of that area, I respawned at the very beginning of the Act. What the hell?

I tried selecting Restart from Checkpoint many times, but each time it brings me to the same point, and it's a bug because Ishi is nowhere to be found near me. It's like the game messed up placing me and put somewhere far away with all the action going on where I supposed to be.

Meh! What the fuck. :(

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Aw man, that's pretty bad. I got stuck in the elevator behind the two dudes in the beginning, as well as near some geometry where you get the minigun for the first time. I just restarted the checkpoint though... and it was fine. :(

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By papuccino1

I'm really annoyed right now and I just shut off the 360. I'll just go play some Morrowind. I would wait a bit before buying Bulletstorm and let them fix this.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bocam

I have it on the PC and I haven't found any bugs yet.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck

I wouldn't really call it game breaking as much as really annoying. But let's hope they patch that out soon, it always sucks when shit like that happens.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cincaid
    @papuccino1:

Wait, let me see if I got this correct... 

You died towards the end of Act 2, and instead of respawning at the end you respawned at the beginning of the level? Annoying bug, sure, but I wouldn't call it "unacceptable" and "game breaking", and I certainly wouldn't rage-quit out of the game. But maybe I'm just bitter I don't have the game myself.
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hunkulese

Didn't you hear him? UNACCEPTABLE! How dare they release a game containing a bug. I may go into an unstoppable rage just hearing about it.  

Actually now that you mention it Morrowind also had bugs in it. UNACCEPTABLE!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

That's not gamebreaking.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By papuccino1
    @CrazyChris:  If a game tosses out over an hour of my time, that's unnaceptable. Let me give you another example: If in Diable 2, you died just before killing the end boss, would you be happy the game tossed you back to the very  first area of that Act?
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By XenoNick

OH GOD THIS GAME IS NOW AWFUL. How many games have checkpoint issues? Deal with it.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By christ0phe
    @papuccino1: That's not game breaking at all.  Game breaking would be something that keeps you from progressing.  You just have to play a level over again.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papuccino1 said:

" @CrazyChris:  If a game tosses out over an hour of my time, that's unnaceptable. Let me give you another example: If in Diable 2, you died just before killing the end boss, would you be happy the game tossed you back to the very  first area of that Act? "

Just a game, bra.
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

...Well, not to make you feel bad or anything man, but sometimes you just need to deal with it. :/ I've had this happen with lots of other games, just sweared a little and kept playing. Show the game you're better than it.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By spazmaster666

The game did crash on me once (I'm referring to the PC version) and there was one point where a couple Vultures took much longer to kill than they should have but other than that everything has run smoothly for me (I've finished the game). Also the type of "glitch" you encountered is probably a rare occurrence that most people will never run into.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By mfpantst
    @papuccino1 said:
    " @CrazyChris:  If a game tosses out over an hour of my time, that's unnaceptable. Let me give you another example: If in Diable 2, you died just before killing the end boss, would you be happy the game tossed you back to the very  first area of that Act? "
    Diable must be that french version.  I'm pretty sure in that game dying had no consequence.  DUDE.

Didn't you know that in Diablo 2 there was a mode where if you died you basically lose everything?  And that if you died around too many enemies and didn't have the money to buy stuff to get back to the stuff you were wearing, you were screwed.  BAD example.

Not to mention before the advent of checkpointing all games worked this way.  GET OVER IT.
    papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By papuccino1
    @spazmaster666: I guess I feel special then. :(
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

Hey now, Morrowind is a lot buggier than most games. 

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hunkulese
    @papuccino1 said:

Wow. I don't think you could have picked a worse game to compare it to. When you die in Diablo you get tossed back to the town, which is the start of the act. Your comparison is UNACCEPTABLE! 
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mfpantst
    @Hunkulese said:
    " @papuccino1 said:
    Wow. I don't think you could of picked a worse game to compare it to. When you die in Diablo you get tossed back to the town, which is the start of the act. Your comparison is UNACCEPTABLE!  "
    LMFAO
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EvilTwin

Are you guys seriously shrugging your shoulders at a bug that caused someone to lose an hour and-a-half of gameplay?  What the fuck is wrong with you?

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Cirdain
    @Bocam said:
    " I have it on the PC and I haven't found any bugs yet. "
    woot!!!!!
    Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cirdain
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " Hey now, Morrowind is a lot buggier than most games.  "
    yet it's still great.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mfpantst
    @EvilTwin said:
    " Are you guys seriously shrugging your shoulders at a bug that caused someone to lose an hour and-a-half of gameplay?  What the fuck is wrong with you? "
    Because we don't consider it a bug and consider the way he put it a gross mis-characterization of the issue.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spazmaster666
    @papuccino1 said:

Yeah but expecting a completely-bug free game on release is not a feasible expectiation. I'm guessing that the bug you encountered probably didn't show up in QA. If that's the case, then the only way it can be fixed is with a patch (that is if it isn't just a random occurance). Also a game-breaking bug is something that prevents you finishing/completing the game. Having to restart at the beginning of the Act versus from the previous checkpoint does't fall into that category. I would probably be pissed off too if this happened to me, but I wouldn't classify it as an "unacceptable, game-breaking' bug. 

@EvilTwin said: 

" Are you guys seriously shrugging your shoulders at a bug that caused someone to lose an hour and-a-half of gameplay?  What the fuck is wrong with you? "

A random glitch that happened to one person is not considered a bug. For it to be a actual bug, it would have to happen to multiple people and in the same place as well. Otherwise it's just a random occurrence, which could have been caused by a number or things. Games crash, glitch all the time. That doesn't mean that everytime a game crashes it's due to a serious bug. The OP is clearly jumping to conclusions because he's pissed off that it happened.
    dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dragonzord
    @EvilTwin said:

Between preordering to get in a beta, and buying locked DLC most 'gamers' now love getting company dick up their ass. Woo broken games! who needs QA departments?
    papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By papuccino1

Gotta love how some of you are focusing on my spelling of "Diablo" instead of the actual bug this topic is about. Stay classy Giantbomb users. Internet anonymity really does bring out the idiots.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Yanngc33

I wouldn't call that "game breaking" just harsh

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By NMC2008

Well, don't play Hard Corps Rising then, that whole game is a game breaking bug, especially their check pointing.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JustinSane311

I got a hot pro tip for the OP...Use more skill and don't die!

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By papuccino1
    @JustinSane311: LOL - I'll be sure to that from now on, fucking game....
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By yinstarrunner

Yeah dude, that sucks. If I lost an hour of gameplay I'd be pissed off too.  I'd probably quit and then come back to the game a few days/weeks later.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cirdain
    @JustinSane311 said:
    " I got a hot pro tip for the OP...Use more skill and don't die! "
    @papuccino1: 
     Yeah also try shooting harder.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @zudthespud said:
    " That's not gamebreaking. "
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EvilTwin
    @mfpantst said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    Because we don't consider it a bug and consider the way he put it a gross mis-characterization of the issue. "
    The title notwithstanding, it's still a pretty shitty thing to have happen, and "deal with it" responses are idiotic.

@spazmaster666 said:
    "A random glitch that happened to one person is not considered a bug. For it to be a actual bug, it would have to happen to multiple people and in the same place as well. Otherwise it's just a random occurrence, which could have been caused by a number or things. Games crash, glitch all the time. That doesn't mean that everytime a game crashes it's due to a serious bug. The OP is clearly jumping to conclusions because he's pissed off that it happened. "

So you're saying that people are telling him to deal with it because they don't like that he used the word "bug" instead of "glitch?"
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hunkulese
    @EvilTwin said:
    It's not the bug it's the way he presented it.  If he wants sympathetic rational responses he should have tried not to sound like a raving lunatic.

In fact the more I think about it I think his first post may be forum breaking. UNACCEPTABLE!
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papuccino1 said:

" Gotta love how some of you are focusing on my spelling of "Diablo" instead of the actual bug this topic is about. Stay classy Giantbomb users. Internet anonymity really does bring out the idiots. "

One dude kinda did that. But he also addressed your point.
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ch3burashka

Sure, it's a hell of a bad bug, but you need to take a chill pill. Your hour-and-a-half is lost - deal with it like a mature human being. 

Unless you're not one. In that case, do whatever.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By papuccino1

I'm not even that angry, I just want to share this very nasty bug with the users here so they are aware shit like this happens.

I'm off to play Morrowind.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By spazmaster666
    @EvilTwin said:

So you're saying that people are telling him to deal with it because they don't like that he used the word "bug" instead of "glitch?" "

I'm saying that random stuff happens in every game, regardless of how polished it is and that saying every glitch that happens in a game is a "game-breaking" bug is just jumping to conclusions and helpful to no one. People reading the OP's thread title is going to think that Bulletstorm has a very serious bug that makes the game unplayable when in reality it's just a check-pointing/save error that happens in a lot of games.
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By Sambambo

Just run to where you were before? Can't take that long with no enemies right?

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By papuccino1
    @SuperSambo: The enemies respawn... wait are you asking this for real?
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Cirdain said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " Hey now, Morrowind is a lot buggier than most games.  "
    yet it's still great. "
    Of course it is, it's just an odd game to resort to, if you're leaving another game due to bugginess. 
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By WickedCestus

I think this is fairly acceptable. 

@EvilTwin said:

Yes, we are. It is one hour and thirty minutes. That is not a very long time at all. Easily re-playable, and if the game is good enough he shouldn't mind re-playing that bit. I once encountered a bug in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that made me lose 5 hours of progress. Did I run to message boards and complain? No. I went and restarted the game because I liked it enough to play more of it. 
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By salad10203

Ever played Lost Planet 2?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EvilTwin
    @spazmaster666:  Forget about it.  Your first post was more than reasonable.  I wasn't really referring to you.  I was referring to the three people who told him to alternatively "deal with it" or "get over it."  You're right that the OP could have come up with a better topic title, but I just can't stand people having such idiotic and nonchalant responses when it makes them seem like they're defending something unreasonably.

To be fair, I don't think we can say this is or is not a bug yet as the game was just released and we'll have to see if it occurs with any frequency.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By ProfessorEss

I think peeps should chill and just take this as a head's up.

I for one would like to keep this thread running to see if it happens to Papuccino or anyone else again.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @papuccino1 said:
    " This is for the XBOX 360 platform.  Found a VERY NASTY FUCKING ANNOYING bug in the game. I'm kind of pissed off right now because I just lost an hour and a half of gameplay. It's Act 2 - Damsel in Distress. I died almost near the end of the act and instead of respawning at beginning of that area, I respawned at the very beginning of the Act. What the hell? I tried selecting Restart from Checkpoint many times, but each time it brings me to the same point, and it's a bug because Ishi is nowhere to be found near me. It's like the game messed up placing me and put somewhere far away with all the action going on where I supposed to be. Meh! What the fuck. :( "
    Well...I won't have that problem, because I'm awesome and will never die.   But seriously, that does sound pretty annoying...even more so depending on what difficulty someone is playing when it happens....not a huge deal though.   I've lost way more than an hour and a half in other games before by forgetting to save or other stupid reasons.
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By Sambambo
    @papuccino1
    @SuperSambo: The enemies respawn... wait are you asking this for real?
    From your post I assumed that this wasn't the case.

Sounds kinda bad, but you seem to have gone over the top...
    papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By papuccino1
    @ProfessorEss: Hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AlexW00d
    @zudthespud said:
    " That's not gamebreaking. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.