Which platform

#1 Posted by Laz (16 posts) -

So which platform will you guys be buying this game on?  I myself have a 360 and a PC.  I'm more leaning towards the PC route because FPS games on the PC are just easier for me.  Are there any pros and cons to each version, short of the Gears3 demo on 360?

#2 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

For me it's the PS3. 
It's all I own hehe
#3 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

The one with achievements and the beta. 

#4 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Gears of War beta is so horribly tempting. It really is. I wanted to get it for PC but....Gears beta.

#5 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Achievements mean a lot to me, so you know how it goes. Don't care that much for the Gears beta, though.

#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Xbox 360, Unreal games work best on it and it's being tied to Gears of War 3.  Plus FPS games are best played on the Xbox 360.

#7 Posted by NTM (7235 posts) -

I'm in the minority, but I like trophies a bit better than achievements. Anyways, probably 360. Just because it seems like a game that should be played on 360.
#8 Posted by OldGuy (1493 posts) -

PC. FPS are always best done with a mouse and keyboard.

#9 Posted by Laz (16 posts) -

I'm curious how the kicking and stuff will work with the mouse/keyboard combo.  I often found myself fumbling a bit with the controller in the demo. I really wish there was a PC demo.

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

;_; Where's the poll?

#11 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -
@Laz: No DLC support post release for PC version I believe as is the norm for nearly all EA games these days. 

At least they've been releasing good ports - Dead Space 2 ran amazingly well for me as did NFS and BF:BC2.
#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

360 for me. The Gears 3 demo sold me

#13 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

I'll pick it up for the 360. 

#14 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4608 posts) -
@KaosAngel
Xbox 360, Unreal games work best on it and it's being tied to Gears of War 3.  Plus FPS games are best played on the Xbox 360.
AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
#15 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:
" @KaosAngel
AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "
So I agree with the laughter- they aren't.  However I've gotten so used to using a gamepad, 360 is where I'll play this game.
#16 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

From a technical and graphical standpoint, it runs better on 360.

#17 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

360 it is what I have it for. My PC couldn't play it.

#18 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" 360 for me. The Gears 3 demo sold me "
#19 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
"The one with achievements and the beta.  "

This minus the beta part.  Unless one platform's version is obviously broken, I side with achievements on every game with dual citizenship. 
#20 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" ;_; Where's the poll? "
#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Ecks bawks for me.

#22 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1552 posts) -

The one with your friends on it. Since so much of that game focuses on the whole friends leadboards stuff, just get whichever you have the most active friends on.

#23 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10379 posts) -

Always be PS3. It's why you see my name in BLUE!

#24 Posted by StealthRaptor (526 posts) -

Xbox360. The game's so arcadey, it just seems right.

#25 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

If I had all the systems, I'd get Xbox360 version if I was interested in the Gears 3 beta. Otherwise, they're pretty damn similar and you should get it for whatever your friends will play it on.

#26 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -

PC when it inevitably drops to £5 during this summer's Steam sale.

#27 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

Pee Ess Three

#28 Posted by DonutFever (3549 posts) -

PS3. Don't own a 360, but I would get it on that.

#29 Edited by Gilsham (293 posts) -

the one where skill-shots will use skill and not autoaim  there by removing skill and making it a shot to achieve , also imo gears is the worst thing to happen to gaming cover based shooter are rancid and are to be detested in all forms and the whole jock attitude of gears just makes it more vile

#30 Posted by Cypher (114 posts) -

For what it's worth, the PC version comes with GFWL, so you'll still got achievements (And Xbox controller) support there. Me, I'll be playing on PC with an Xbox controller because I want 1080@60 (or, stereo 720@60; apparently it looks really great in stereo).
#31 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" The one with achievements and the beta.  "
Yup. This.
#32 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

The PC, but that's less because of the controls and more because I'm sure there'll be a Steam sale for it sooner or later and I'm not planning on picking this up in the immediate future.

#33 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

No platform.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.