Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Why I am gonna love Bulletstorm (and why you should too)

Avatar image for thevideohustler
    TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheVideoHustler

At first I agreed with a lot of the commenters about Bulletstorm. I thought it was absolutely childish and stupid that they were releasing a game where you can " Blow out a man's asshole." But then I thought to myself, "Why am I being a pretentious hipster by saying I am to good to shot a man in the balls after calling him a limp-dick retard." I answered my own question. "No, I am not too good for this game."   

I have noticed a lot of video games that have been released in recent years have had really dark themes and stories. Heavy Rain was a veritable Film Noir, the Assassin Creed trilogy is about how the world is filled with dark subterfuge and ensnared in a web of lies and deception, and Mass Effect is a game about the entirety of man coming to a bloody and violent end.   

Games like Super Meat Boy and Costume Quest have been great because they are just plain hilarious to play. But I just find the satisfaction of kicking a man into a electrical transformer then screaming about how it "scared the dick off me" to bring back great feelings from my childhood. It's like the first time you picked up a hooker in Grand Theft Auto when you were 13 years old, who didn't sit there and get a chuckle out of it?
    I don't know if the game will actually be made or produced well but give it a chance. Your inner child will thank you

TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheVideoHustler

At first I agreed with a lot of the commenters about Bulletstorm. I thought it was absolutely childish and stupid that they were releasing a game where you can " Blow out a man's asshole." But then I thought to myself, "Why am I being a pretentious hipster by saying I am to good to shot a man in the balls after calling him a limp-dick retard." I answered my own question. "No, I am not too good for this game."   

I have noticed a lot of video games that have been released in recent years have had really dark themes and stories. Heavy Rain was a veritable Film Noir, the Assassin Creed trilogy is about how the world is filled with dark subterfuge and ensnared in a web of lies and deception, and Mass Effect is a game about the entirety of man coming to a bloody and violent end.   

Games like Super Meat Boy and Costume Quest have been great because they are just plain hilarious to play. But I just find the satisfaction of kicking a man into a electrical transformer then screaming about how it "scared the dick off me" to bring back great feelings from my childhood. It's like the first time you picked up a hooker in Grand Theft Auto when you were 13 years old, who didn't sit there and get a chuckle out of it?
    I don't know if the game will actually be made or produced well but give it a chance. Your inner child will thank you

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

Well it's good because it's ridiculous.
    A lot of games need a lot more ridiculousness.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Enigma777

Personally I think the dialogue is absolutely hilarious (son of a dick? How have I never heard of that before?!) but I'm still on the fence for the actual game... Hopefully Amazon has a preorder credit deal which would go a long way to getting me to buy it.

TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheVideoHustler
    @kingzetta said:
    " Well it's good because it's ridiculous. A lot of games need a lot more ridiculousness.   "
    This
    Avatar image for deactivated-61980b421cedb
    deactivated-61980b421cedb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the bombastic action and ludicrously atrocious dialogue seem perfectly fine to me, I'm just worried the gameplay with devolve into "use whip thing, shoot then kick dude off cliff/into wall/into nearby environmental hazard"  over and over again...

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Dalai

Sometimes it's good for a game to have an extreme amount of stupid. That's why I'm gonna love Bulletstorm.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Dalai said:
    Sometimes it's good for a game to have an extreme amount of stupid.
    Yup, I say if yer gonna go for it, GO FOR IT - and they seem to be going for it.

(ps: You misspelled Xtreme, btw)
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By pweidman
    @drag said:
    "We'll see ... depends what they do with it. There's gotta actually be a good game under that.  I fear it might get old pretty quickly.  "

Same here.  If the over-the-top dialogue is just a gimmick, then it'll get old super fast.  But from the actual gameplay I've been able to watch, it seems to have the content to be fun, regardless of the comments that you may, or may not be able to stomach.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm not interested in it because I'm so sick of Steven Jay Blum. He's in more games than Nolan North. I won't be able to stand playing 8 hours with him being all gravely.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cornman89

If it sounds good to you, then go for it. Me? I'm just not the kind of person who enjoys ridiculousness of that level. Same reason I can't get into Platinum games...

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By craigbo180

Oh god it all seems so lame and forced to me, I don't find it funny at all. It just seems like pre-teen schoolyard jokes and bad shock humor. I'll get my one liner fix from duke nukem.

nukkajdav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nukkajdav

I appreciate the games that are overtly over the top (Bulletstorm), but when a game attempts to be serious and fails....then I get sad. 

Anyway....Bulletstorm, YEAH!

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#14  Edited By donutfever

I think it looks cool, but the Bulletpoints and that "Meet the Characters" trailer were just stupid, and not in the good way.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Edwardryu

I was considered to buy Assassin's creed brotherhood PC version which is coming the same date as Bulletstorm release (Feb, 22nd). but I think that I am done with AC (AC1, AC 2). enough. I changed my mind. I will try bulletstorm. gameplay demo looks awesome. but why do I feel some combination game like singularity, the forced unleashed, halo like, vanquish, of course, gear of wars?   

Protag_B4P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Protag_B4P
    @Edwardryu said:
    " ... gear of wars?    "  
    That makes it sound like there's some sort of shortage in the future, and all these wars only have one gear to share between them :P 

But yeah, Bulletstorm seems to be going the Duke Nukem route of 'just make it insultingly OTT'. And that works for  me, if nothing else it'll certainly whet my appetite for The Duke's imminent arrival.
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By kerse

I totally agree, everything is really dark lately, it works but its nice to take a break from games like that with something like Bulletstorm. Bayonetta was amazing for me for this reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dicktits, yes dicktits!

I think I'll hate this game so...

No Caption Provided
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By spankingaddict

The demo was fun, but it's one of those games that will get boring after a couple of hours, imo...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By handlas

well after playing the Killzone 3 beta and the demo for this.  My mind is perhaps changed (it was gonna be Killzone now and Bulletstorm later).  Think I may get this game instead.  Bulletstorm just seems like  a lot of fun and I've been looking up MP stuff...there is a mode called Anarchy which is basically 4 player horde mode in which you get to next waves by racking up a certain amount of points.  Showed guys kicking enemies back and forth...looks really fun.  Gotta have that.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I'm not worried about it being ridiculous or stupid, I'm worried about the gameplay being bad.  They shot themselves in the foot by having any of the skillshots disabled in the demo, because it makes the game seem repetitive and experimentation seem unrewarding.
    Edit: gameplay POSSIBLY being bad.  Should probably clarify that.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rockanomics

I think it's just Steve Blum doing his Rad Spencer voice that makes me feel upsetty inside. It just sounds all douche and no self awareness. Game does look promising though.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By napalm
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " I'm not worried about it being ridiculous or stupid, I'm worried about the gameplay being bad.  They shot themselves in the foot by having any of the skillshots disabled in the demo, because it makes the game seem repetitive and experimentation seem unrewarding.Edit: gameplay POSSIBLY being bad.  Should probably clarify that. "
    Skillshots weren't disabled in the demo. There has to be at least thirty in there. My twentieth playthrough, I still found a few I hadn't seen on previous playthroughs. The only limitation are the weapons, which severely impact the skillshots, but you can't expect them to put all of the guns in the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.