Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 04, 2008

'Bully: Scholarship Edition' takes place at the fictional New England boarding school Bullworth Academy, and tells the story of mischievous 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he goes through the hilarity and awkwardness of adolescence. Beat the jocks at dodge ball, play pranks on the preppies, save the nerds, kiss the girl.

Did they ever fix Bully (360)?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

I bought this game a long time ago but for some reason I lost interest in it and moved on to other games before finishing it (or even coming close).  Not long after that I remember hearing that when they attempted to patch up the (very sloppy) port job they actually managed to make it worse. 

Now I recently started working at Gamestop and in addition to that I recently received a coupon my email for some odd percentage off any used game.  I was wondering if this game has since been fixed and if it runs pretty well on the 360?  I know I enjoy the game (I did play a few hours of it) so I'm not worried about the quality of the product outside of the technical issues with it. 

In a nutshell:  

How well does Bully run on the 360?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I played it over a year ago and didn't have a single issue. It's dated, that's for sure. If you've been spoiled by better open-world games lately it's going to seem old, but I didn't experience any technical issues.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hatking
    @TooWalrus: Awesome, thanks.   
    Yeah, I'm a little worried about how the game may have aged, but at the same time I remember (what I played) fondly.  Not to mention I'd be getting a fairly good deal on it, if I did hate it (which I doubt) I'd only be out, like, ten bucks.
    ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ClaritySam

I just remember the loading times being EPIC.  And frequent. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toowalrus

@HatKing said:

@TooWalrus: Awesome, thanks. Yeah, I'm a little worried about how the game may have aged, but at the same time I remember (what I played) fondly. Not to mention I'd be getting a fairly good deal on it, if I did hate it (which I doubt) I'd only be out, like, ten bucks.

I did play Bully all the way through when it first came out on the 360, I fucking love that game- it was only recently when I threw it in (right after Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) and noticed how old it felt. It's still a quality game though, the music is great, it was probably my favorite game that year.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

I really enjoyed it on 360 when it was released, i don't really remember any issues to speak of.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking
    @jadeskye: I can't remember specifics, but I think there were either crashing issues or corrupt gamesave issues.  I just remember having to replay parts and making sure I saved frequently.  Though that might have been corrected in patches, or maybe I was just unlucky.  Regardless, it sounds like most don't remember the issues, which tells me one of two things; either the game's issues were few and far between or the game was so enjoyable that the issues were easy to forgive.  Either way, I'll probably be picking this one up.   

Thanks guys. : )
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah Bully on 360 was fine for me as well. I certainly had a lot of problems trying to get it working properly on the PC though. I played it less than a year ago and got all 1000 points for it.

Yes the load times are a little long, and sometimes the framerate drops, but it wasn't designed for this generation of hardware. The 360 version is what I would consider a decent port, but not an excellent one.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Jadeskye

@HatKing: I really can't argue with anyone named hatking. I'm not equiped to deal with haberdasher royalty.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iDarktread
    @HatKing: I *brag* got every achievement *brag* on the 360 version, and I didn't run into any problems at all.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Getz

I'd say it runs fine; I bought mine on Games on Demand and the load times weren't awful so I'd suggest installing it to your hard drive if you do end up getting it. Also, if you're planning on S-ranking this game then be prepared for some frustration getting all the sidequests finished: they're buggy as hell.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hatking
    @Getz: Thanks for the heads up. : )
    NeutralDensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NeutralDensity
    @HatKing: 

Played through the whole game.  Near the end, I only had the game freeze once.  I would say save it frequently to avoid the risk of losing progress just in case.  The only notable bug I have seen are some flickering textures.   

Overall, the game is a bit easier than I would have liked, but I really liked the charm and atmosphere it had to offer.  I paid slightly less than $20 and I am glad I did.  $10 is a great deal.  Hope you enjoy it. :)

@Getz said:

I'd say it runs fine; I bought mine on Games on Demand and the load times weren't awful so I'd suggest installing it to your hard drive if you do end up getting it. Also, if you're planning on S-ranking this game then be prepared for some frustration getting all the sidequests finished: they're buggy as hell. 

I read about the buggy sidequests, but I did not have that bad of a time getting the s-rank.  It seems they give you a little bit of leeway in getting 100% completion.  Also, I loved how much the geography classes helped in getting all the collectibles. :)  Still, once you get really close to 100%, you might have to start resorting to a FAQ to get the obscure stuff.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

I never understood the complaints, I played that game a shitload from launch till GTA IV came out, and I never had any problems, glitches, bugs or snags.

You want a junk port of that game, play the PC version. Yuck.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By mrangryface

PC versions a bad port? :(

Good thing I dont get around to playing all the games on buy on STEAM.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By CL60

I decided to get it on PC since it was very cheap and it is unplayable. It lags like crazy and the audio is ridiculously out of sync.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.