To buy or not to buy...

#1 Posted by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

I bought this game on the PS2 and adored it, but are there enough differences in the 360 version to warrant paying £20/$30 for it? Thanks!

#2 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I would love to buy this game myself, but I can never find it in-stock anywhere I go. And once I pay for shipping I feel as if I am ruining the point considering I beat it on PS2. If you can find it though, yeah, buy it!

#3 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
I would love to buy this game myself, but I can never find it in-stock anywhere I go. And once ... [more]
Bully: Scholarship Edition is $20 on Newegg with free shipping.

@MatthewMeadows:  I'd say the game is definitely worth $30 new if you haven't played the PS2 version, but from what I gather from the Giant Bomb page, the additions aren't major and I recommend you pass unless you want achievements or just really enjoyed the game.
#4 Posted by ZombieJesus (231 posts) -

I played and loved Bully for the PS2 but when I tried to replay it for 360 it just wasn't the same as I remembered. It just wasn't as good as I remembered.

#5 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin: Ooooo....shiny......do want.
#6 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Go for it. I played both the PS2 and the 360 version and loved them both.

#7 Posted by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

I think I'm gonna get it, just to have an excuse to listen to the game's music again! :) Thanks everyone!

#8 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

The Wii version is said to be really, really good.

#9 Posted by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

I don't have a Wii. I hear Jeff Gerstmann has one though (bombcast reference :p)

#10 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I'd say it's worth buying again only because I absolutely love the game and loved getting to play through it with a few new missions and slightly better graphics. It doesn't feature an amazing amount of new features, but there was enough for me and I spent $50 on the game! I know some people reported bugs with the game, but I personally never had a problem with any bugs at all. I also just wanted to support the game because while it did sell well enough to become a GH on PS2...it didn't sell as well as it should have (pretty sure it didn't even break a mil).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.