Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bully

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 17, 2006

Rockstar swaps gangsters for delinquents in their open-world formula, giving players control of a new student at a rough-and-tumble private school.

Re-buying games *just* because they are cheap...

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By EvilDingo

I actually think I've done something like this before...  

Anyway, I just bought this: 

It's Bully for the PS2 and it was only approximately 4$. 
    While it may not seem that overly cheap for americans, keep in mind that your 5$-bargain bins are more like 10$-bargain bins in my country (well, 9,5$). 
    So considering how good this game is, this is actually a steal. 

The only thing is - I already have this game... So I can only wonder why I actually bought it. 
    Actually, I've currently lent out my other copy of the game to my nephews, but I honestly don't think I'm going to replay the game, just because I have a new copy. 
    ... But I guess they can keep the game now. 

I recall I did this with "Devil May Cry" too once.

I'm just wondering if anybody else does stuff like this.    

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EvilDingo

I actually think I've done something like this before...  

Anyway, I just bought this: 

It's Bully for the PS2 and it was only approximately 4$. 
    While it may not seem that overly cheap for americans, keep in mind that your 5$-bargain bins are more like 10$-bargain bins in my country (well, 9,5$). 
    So considering how good this game is, this is actually a steal. 

The only thing is - I already have this game... So I can only wonder why I actually bought it. 
    Actually, I've currently lent out my other copy of the game to my nephews, but I honestly don't think I'm going to replay the game, just because I have a new copy. 
    ... But I guess they can keep the game now. 

I recall I did this with "Devil May Cry" too once.

I'm just wondering if anybody else does stuff like this.    

Ginger_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ginger_Avenger

Play it again anyway, and then join me in my vivid dreams of Bully 2 on Rockstar's current technology

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DrFidget

Yes, though I typicaly wind up doing it with more recent releases. The latest of wich was BlazBlue and before that Ninja Gaiden 2 for $10. I usually end up giving them as gifts.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tokyochicken

I do that shit all the time, I was at EB (Its still EB here in Canada) and I saw a copy of P3 FES and it was really cheap, since P3 FES seems to be hard to find up here I almost bought it even though I had a copy.  Its weird, its like a treasure hunt for me, I look in the bargain bin and find games I was tangentially interested in and pick it up for cheap. I guess its part of that collector's mentality or something. 

But yeah play Bully again, I just recently beat it for the first time last weekend, was a fantastic playthrough.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EvilDingo
    @Ginger_Avenger said:
    " Play it again anyway, and then join me in my vivid dreams of Bully 2 on Rockstar's current technology "
    To be honest I think Rockstar's current technology could have adapted the hand-to-hand mechanic of Bully. It is differently superior to GTA4's. 
    Also I believe the aiming in Bully was better... of cause since it's been a while since I played it, I may just remember things better. It was better that San Andreas' "gun-play", though. 

@DrFidget said:
    " Yes, though I typicaly wind up doing it with more recent releases. The latest of wich was BlazBlue and before that Ninja Gaiden 2 for $10. I usually end up giving them as gifts. "
    I'm surprised BlazBlue is already that cheap. It's not even out in europe yet (to my knowledge). 

@tokyochicken said:
    " I do that shit all the time, I was at EB (Its still EB here in Canada) and I saw a copy of P3 FES and it was really cheap, since P3 FES seems to be hard to find up here I almost bought it even though I had a copy.  Its weird, its like a treasure hunt for me, I look in the bargain bin and find games I was tangentially interested in and pick it up for cheap. I guess its part of that collector's mentality or something.   But yeah play Bully again, I just recently beat it for the first time last weekend, was a fantastic playthrough. "
    I have PES2009 for the xbox360 and haven't even touched it. It came with the used 360 I bought, but it's not really my type of game.
    However I don't imagine soccer games being that rare at all here in europe, since pretty much every country's favorite sport to follow.
    Not sure about Canada but if it's anything like USA, then other sports are more popular. I figure NHL is pretty popular.

I also almost bought Saints Row 2 for 360 (I already have it for PS3) because I saw it for what amounts to 9,5$. I thought about just giving it of to a friend because I've been raving on to him about, how he should get that game if he was considering getting a GTA-like game... But I finally decided not to do this. He's not likely to play it anyway, since he's not that committed a gamer :-)
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

16+? Isn't that equivalent to an M rating?

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilDingo
    @natetodamax said:

" 16+? Isn't that equivalent to an M rating? "

Don worry... I'm old enough ;-) 

Though if it's any insight into european rating-standards you want, I can mention that GTA4 is "18" and Farenheit (Indigo Prophecy) which include sex and nudity is "16". 
    The rating doesn't go higher than "18+" , so there is no equalient to "AO"... or I guess "18+" is it, but there is no rating specifically aimed at games including sex. 
     I believe "18+" covers both M and AO.

A quick look on the Pan European Game Information's homepage reveal that games marked "7+" can have partial nudity.  
    Quote: "...Some scenes of partial nudity may be permitted but never in a sexual context"
    ... Well, that's Europe for ya ;-)
    tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tokyochicken
    @EvilDingo said:
    " @Ginger_Avenger said:
    " Play it again anyway, and then join me in my vivid dreams of Bully 2 on Rockstar's current technology "
    To be honest I think Rockstar's current technology could have adapted the hand-to-hand mechanic of Bully. It is differently superior to GTA4's. 
    Also I believe the aiming in Bully was better... of cause since it's been a while since I played it, I may just remember things better. It was better that San Andreas' "gun-play", though. 

@DrFidget said:
    " Yes, though I typicaly wind up doing it with more recent releases. The latest of wich was BlazBlue and before that Ninja Gaiden 2 for $10. I usually end up giving them as gifts. "
    I'm surprised BlazBlue is already that cheap. It's not even out in europe yet (to my knowledge). 

@tokyochicken said:
    " I do that shit all the time, I was at EB (Its still EB here in Canada) and I saw a copy of P3 FES and it was really cheap, since P3 FES seems to be hard to find up here I almost bought it even though I had a copy.  Its weird, its like a treasure hunt for me, I look in the bargain bin and find games I was tangentially interested in and pick it up for cheap. I guess its part of that collector's mentality or something.   But yeah play Bully again, I just recently beat it for the first time last weekend, was a fantastic playthrough. "
    I have PES2009 for the xbox360 and haven't even touched it. It came with the used 360 I bought, but it's not really my type of game.However I don't imagine soccer games being that rare at all here in europe, since pretty much every country's favorite sport to follow.Not sure about Canada but if it's anything like USA, then other sports are more popular. I figure NHL is pretty popular. I also almost bought Saints Row 2 for 360 (I already have it for PS3) because I saw it for what amounts to 9,5$. I thought about just giving it of to a friend because I've been raving on to him about, how he should get that game if he was considering getting a GTA-like game... But I finally decided not to do this. He's not likely to play it anyway, since he's not that committed a gamer :-) "
    Sorry, I should've been more clear about the P3 FES, it actually stands for Persona 3 FES, sorry about that haha
    EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EvilDingo
    @tokyochicken:  
    heh... Think you were clear enough - It was just me who read "FES" as "PES".
    brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By brainwins

I re-bought The Witcher again on Steam on a Weekend sale just to have it on Steam.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By Atlas

I'm dangerously close to buying Mass Effect again, through the Xbox 360's Games on Demand, when it comes out next week. I really like the idea of having that game on my Xbox at all times. 

I also bought Oblivion twice, first for PC and then for 360. But that was because my PC disc wasn't working so good, I was tired of some issues with the PC version, and wanted the achievements for the 360. I also came real close to doing the same with The Orange Box.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EvilDingo
    @Atlas said:
    "I also bought Oblivion twice, first for PC and then for 360. But that was because my PC disc wasn't working so good, I was tired of some issues with the PC version, and wanted the achievements for the 360. I also came real close to doing the same with The Orange Box. "
    Oh yeah... I did that too. Well, in reverse. 
    I had the game for PS3 and bought it for PC later when I acquired a decent PC. I had issues with some things in the game and thus I was interested in modding the game for PC. 
    I think it was worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.