Dead Orbit, Seven Seraphs Among New Bungie Copyrights

• 58 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

This is a logo.

Hats off to Supererogatory for finding this one. Earlier this July, Bungie managed to stealthily copyright four phrases--Seven Seraphs, Osiris, New Monarchy, and Dead Orbit--under “artwork” with the US copyright office, and enlisted a third party to register three Web domains for each. The implication here is that one or all of these are connected with Bungie’s forthcoming project with Activision, which is still a secret. But they could also mean nothing. Trademarks and the like are funny like that. 

The artwork description, by the way, doesn’t necessarily count out the chance that one of these phrases is the name of Bungie’s new game.  As Joystiq points out, artwork copyrights can be used with “all sorts of promotional and marketing, like logos."
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

This is a logo.

Hats off to Supererogatory for finding this one. Earlier this July, Bungie managed to stealthily copyright four phrases--Seven Seraphs, Osiris, New Monarchy, and Dead Orbit--under “artwork” with the US copyright office, and enlisted a third party to register three Web domains for each. The implication here is that one or all of these are connected with Bungie’s forthcoming project with Activision, which is still a secret. But they could also mean nothing. Trademarks and the like are funny like that. 

The artwork description, by the way, doesn’t necessarily count out the chance that one of these phrases is the name of Bungie’s new game.  As Joystiq points out, artwork copyrights can be used with “all sorts of promotional and marketing, like logos."
#2 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

Should be interesting...

#3 Posted by Winsord (1316 posts) -

Woo random words that are trademarked and possible related to games that we don't even really know exist yet (to an extent).

#4 Posted by Pie (7117 posts) -

Dead orbit is really the only one that jumps out to me, maybe thats just because it reminds me of dead space. 
Osiris sounds like the most bungie name to me

#5 Posted by cowdrunk (246 posts) -

It's just one game 
Bungie presents: Seven Seraphs in a Dead Orbit Around Osiris Battleing the New Monarchy  
#6 Posted by CornBREDX (6084 posts) -

So they're making a Stargate Game?

haha, probably not but it's a funny thing to inject into the rumor mill =P

#7 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

You know it's bungie because it's all cryptic religious/space stuffs.

#8 Posted by snetErz (121 posts) -
@cowdrunk said:
" It's just one game Bungie presents: Seven Seraphs in a Dead Orbit Around Osiris Battleing the New Monarchy   "
I'd play that.
#9 Posted by Pop (2651 posts) -

Oni 2!

#10 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Another new Halo game huh.

#11 Posted by MisterMouse (3564 posts) -

Osiris sounds the most interesting to me...

#12 Posted by Robitt (351 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Another new Halo game huh. "
WAT. New Halo confirmed! I read it somewhere!
#13 Posted by Zabant (1269 posts) -

In descending order the level of interest i have in each copyrighted title from "Could be awesome" to "Dont give a shit"

Dead Orbit  
Osiris  
Seven Seraphs,
New Monarchy

#14 Posted by Zabant (1269 posts) -

Its the sequel to the myst series!

Fohg.

#15 Posted by Three0neFive (2305 posts) -
@CornBREDX said:
" So they're making a Stargate Game?  haha, probably not but it's a funny thing to inject into the rumor mill =P "
DON'T TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS LIKE THAT GODDAMN YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK
#16 Edited by cikame (1076 posts) -
#17 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4833 posts) -

Fuck. Now we have to sit through months, if not years, of countless speculation and rumors. Yay for the industry.

#18 Posted by CornBREDX (6084 posts) -
@Three0neFive: haha, sorry I couldn't resist. If it makes you feel better, I wish they were making a Stargate game. They'd probably make a good one.
#19 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Oo. So back to the space well...

*insert lonely Master Chief picture here*

#20 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2501 posts) -
@CornBREDX said:
" So they're making a Stargate Game?  "
Isn't there already a Stargate MMO in the works or was that canned?
#21 Posted by shadykx125 (42 posts) -
@Three0neFive: 

This would be the greatest thing that ever happened.
#22 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -
@CornBREDX said:
" So they're making a Stargate Game?  haha, probably [...]
What?  A Bungie Stargate game?  Great!  Tell me more!
#23 Edited by CornBREDX (6084 posts) -
@Lydian_Sel: Sadly, CME went bankrupt and is now in the process of attempting to recoup their losses and win back the license. I doubt any of that will happen and I expect the MMO will never see the light of day. 

All I can tell you about that is I know (don't ask, NDA wont allow me to tell you more) it was no where close to ready when development stopped. In fairness they did release a multiplayer FPS, Stargate Resistance but having lost the license my understanding is it is currently offline (i don't know, i haven't played it- I'm kind of mad at CME).
#24 Edited by Crono (2711 posts) -

Dead Orbit.  Halo meets Dead Space.  Zombie Master Chiefs have taken over a derelict space mining operation that hasn't responded to broadcasts in quite some time.  You have to investigate - intense startling ensues - but don't startle too much, because your shields regenerate.

#25 Posted by Winternet (8060 posts) -

Alternative universe high tech / religion RPG?

#26 Posted by GioSpy (99 posts) -

I feel so torn apart. On one side I want them to make another space shooter franchise because they haveproved to be able to create fantastic universes for such (Marathon and Halo) but on the other side I want them to do something else. Maybe something else would be good for them and I hope that Activision will give them at least SOME creative freedom.

#27 Posted by Fattony12000 (7583 posts) -

Co-op sequel please.
#28 Posted by bjorno (1433 posts) -

what is this SHIT

#29 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

This is really just a smoke screen for the Oni 2 announcement. *crosses fingers*

#30 Posted by Tesla (1945 posts) -

I want whatever Bungie makes.

#31 Posted by Spiritof (2104 posts) -

Dating Sim.

#32 Posted by AngriGhandi (792 posts) -

Sounds like Bungie's hosting a battle of the bands.

#33 Posted by RagingLion (1370 posts) -

'Seven Seraphs' sound the best game title to me.  'New Monarchy' could maybe a game title that grows on you depending on the game.

#34 Posted by GioVANNI (1294 posts) -

I want another Bungie space game.

#35 Posted by Daftasabat (517 posts) -

As long as it aint lame ass plastic toy story aliens with high pitched voices i'll keep an eye on this

#36 Posted by laserbolts (5372 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
reading some of these makes me think that but god I hope its not
#37 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

This all points to a co-op 3rd person Myth sequel.

#38 Posted by CitizenJP (1058 posts) -

HmmMmMMMMMmm

#39 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Subtext: Bungie thinks games are art.

#40 Posted by ManMadeGod (1587 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
" @ryanwho said:
reading some of these makes me think that but god I hope its not "
Microsoft owns the rights to Halo, not Bungie.
#41 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -
Dead Orbit - it's Dead Space in circles, like a Halo?! Physics class fail part two. Target market: reached! 
#42 Posted by laserbolts (5372 posts) -
@ManMadeGod: Yeah I never meant literally a new halo game but another space fps.  I would like to see them do something different and new....:)
#43 Posted by histeachn (16 posts) -
@Winternet: Sort of the vibe I was getting.  Moreso, a Planescape: Torment type of world came to mind, but I'm glad Bungie is (hopefully) trying something new here.  A lot of words pointing to possible after-life, celestial images.  We'll see, but I'm game if these are legitimate considerations Bungie is making.  
#44 Posted by Tomeh (66 posts) -

Does this mean games are art?

#45 Posted by VooDooPC (340 posts) -
@Zabant said:
" Its the sequel to the myst series!

Fohg. "
Bungie made MYTH, not MYST, durrrrr.
#46 Posted by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

"I wonder what Bungie is working on?"

It's been so long that that still sounds kinda weird to me.

#47 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Lydian_Sel said:
" @CornBREDX said:
" So they're making a Stargate Game?  "
Isn't there already a Stargate MMO in the works or was that canned? "
It was scrapped, I believe.
#48 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

Halo: Dead Orbit? 

Set 100s of years in the future, it is the story of a ship, Osiris, that mysteriously loses power after flying through an electrical storm. They are stranded with no radio contact and must survive until a rescue ship comes for them. After weeks of eating only rations, they see a ship approaching, but rather then being the rescue party, it is a new covenant group, called the New Monarchy, coming to steal the high tech weapons on board Osiris.

#49 Posted by SPCTRE (270 posts) -

I love bees.

#50 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

It's gonna be a Call of Duty game. NEXT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.