Details on Bungie’s Next Game, Destiny, Leak Out

• 142 results
#101 Posted by avantegardener (1117 posts) -

Bungie make Sci-fi shooter, film at 11.00.

#102 Posted by BBQBram (2219 posts) -

Well, that concept art is already a lot cooler than Halo's art, to me anyways.

#103 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

Gotta say that the concept art looks pretty freaking sweet. Kinda gives me a Miyazaki vibe actually

#104 Posted by Grilledcheez (3946 posts) -

EXCITED

#105 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3243 posts) -

@kpaadet said:

What would Planetside done right look like Patrick?

Planetside 2?

#106 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@camwil said:

@JDillinger said:

"Planetside done right", wtf?

Seriously, wtf.

#107 Posted by SharkMan (647 posts) -

planetside done right, should have been in quotes, if the general community behind this new game is saying that, they are saying it as an opinion, i don't think Patrick is saying this; he is just giving a description of what fans are thinking it to be.

#108 Posted by masterpaperlink (1836 posts) -

capes are always cool

#109 Posted by lockload (80 posts) -

Xbox exclusive for a year aswell for game1, revealed in court ruling last year

#110 Posted by GaspoweR (2952 posts) -

@FoolishChaos said:

I will fight anyone who says planet side 2 is done wrong.

WHAT IF SOMEBODY SAID, "PLANET SIDE 2 DOES WHAT PLANET SIDE DIDN'T"?

#111 Posted by Bunny_Fire (296 posts) -

The rumor’s always been that Bunge’s creating a sci-fi shooter MMO--PlanetSide done right ... hmmm ok ill assume you may be talking about the tabletop RPG that could use a little work.

#112 Edited by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

The part about the aliens protecting humanity this time sounds cool.

Looking forward to hearing more, this def is way to well timed.

#113 Posted by Bubbly (253 posts) -

Aw cmon Patrick. I love your work and all, but can you really say that about a game you've never played and have no interest in playing? I'm obviously referring to Planetside 2 here. I know Jeff doesn't like it, but all the Planetside vets I've seen here, including me, do.

#114 Posted by FankJankler (6 posts) -

So instead of a ring, there's just a ball? Got it!

#115 Posted by dvorak (1496 posts) -

There's no way this is an unplanned "leak". I mean the files have got to be pretty close to what they would normally release as a teaser, and beyond that, someone would have to have the knowledge that people would actually give a shit about what was on the thumb drive.

#116 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

Hmm... looks awfully halo like.

#117 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1765 posts) -

I'm amazed how quickly I went from "I want to keep an eye on this" to "Well, maybe they'll surprise us" in the space of one leak.

#118 Posted by Palaeomerus (355 posts) -

But...is it sexist?

#119 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

My estimate: It will be original and amazing. Everything will be new and vibrant and then threw a series of 5 sequels, Bungie will drag it to its knees.

#120 Posted by Bored_Ming (18 posts) -

COLLUSION!

#121 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

What's with Patrick randomly shitting on PlanetSide in the middle of this article? Is he just listening to Jeff's opinion on it?

#122 Posted by BelligerentEngine (344 posts) -

@mbr2 said:

"Planetside done right" Have you even played any Planetside, Patrick?

#123 Posted by Diablos1125 (179 posts) -

This whole "lost at a coffee shop" shit is getting old

#124 Posted by xyzygy (9943 posts) -

Concept art looks cool but the ship featured on the large picture looks exactly like the Didact's ship. How ironic.

#125 Posted by MindChamber (345 posts) -

@Diablos1125: hahah this

#126 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

@Rayeth: Have faith in Bungie. They completely changed the industry; they obviously know what they're doing.

#127 Posted by TheMasterDS (2046 posts) -

I like how the aesthetics look very Star Wars. It looks like Hoth to me! Good times!

#128 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

fuck yes

#129 Posted by TPoppaPuff (240 posts) -

At this point you have to think Activision is pushing Bungie hard to release this game on 360 and a proper, up-rez'ed version for Durango next year with 360-Durango cross play and not just only to the 360, right? Even if it only runs at native 1080, bigger textures and a more consistent 30 fps certainly they see the commercial value in such a thing, right?

BTW, anybody else see the logo and immediately think of Gateway? It's like they turned their power button on its side.

@lockload said:

Xbox exclusive for a year aswell for game1, revealed in court ruling last year

I think the reason the contract was worded the way it was was thanks to the uncertainty of how dev time and upcoming generation would play out. Now that we know for sure Durango and PS4 will debut Oct-Nov 13 and they are confident they can port it in time, we will definitely see it on both 360 and PS3. It's on the official logo poster.

#130 Posted by Bollard (5422 posts) -

@jozzy said:

@Xeirus said:

@a5ehren said:

@camwil said:

@JDillinger said:

Seriously, wtf.

See, Planetside isn't a very good game, so...

I feel like some people are taking that comment personally... shocker!

I don't think Patrick meant it the way you think he meant it.

How did he mean it? I don't see how you can interpret this any other way than that he thinks Planetside is not done right. Which is kind of a silly statement to me, especially since we have Planetside 2 now. So he is comparing this to a very old game with some revolutionary concepts at that time, while not mentioning the new one.

Yeah, there is a Planetside 2, and it suuuucks.

#131 Posted by Gamer_152 (14067 posts) -

I think Bungie is a generally very trustworthy company, but this is at least a very nice coincidence for them. However that stuff got out there though, I'm excited to see what Bungie are making right now.

#132 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

It's gonna be giant spherical planetoids destroying alien races through the universe, rather than halo-like planets destroying alien races through the universe...

#133 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@jozzy said:

@Xeirus said:

@a5ehren said:

@camwil said:

@JDillinger said:

Seriously, wtf.

See, Planetside isn't a very good game, so...

I feel like some people are taking that comment personally... shocker!

I don't think Patrick meant it the way you think he meant it.

How did he mean it? I don't see how you can interpret this any other way than that he thinks Planetside is not done right. Which is kind of a silly statement to me, especially since we have Planetside 2 now. So he is comparing this to a very old game with some revolutionary concepts at that time, while not mentioning the new one.

Yeah, there is a Planetside 2, and it suuuucks.

I have to disagree with you on that, it's pretty amazing actually.

#134 Posted by Zaapp1 (658 posts) -
#135 Posted by Th3irdEye (256 posts) -

Saw this pic on Reddit. Bungie is clever.

#136 Posted by doublestack (19 posts) -

@Yanngc33: @Yanngc33 said:

"Xbox 360 and PS3"

..... really?

I really hope not. Could be epic with new tech.

#137 Posted by peritus (993 posts) -

@doublestack said:

@Yanngc33: @Yanngc33 said:

"Xbox 360 and PS3"

..... really?

I really hope not. Could be epic with new tech.

Would be a major bummer if they release current gen.

#138 Posted by MezzerliptikJay (33 posts) -

if only the game graphics looked like they do in the pictures it would be awesome! but with this gen consoles we have no hope :(

#139 Posted by mewarmo990 (835 posts) -

I have no idea what kind of game it will be (other than sci-fi) but what little I've seen of Destiny seems very exciting.

I'm hoping for a very story/adventure-heavy game akin to Pathways to Darkness and Marathon. Halo was okay in that regard but understandably toned down to suit the mass market. I guess my expectations are a bit unrealistic.

#140 Posted by probablytuna (3610 posts) -

I do love me some science fiction. Bring it on!

#141 Edited by Suits (244 posts) -

So.. Planetside 2

#142 Posted by Solutha (35 posts) -

I sure love the boys at "Bunge"

#143 Posted by PridedWalnut (10 posts) -

USB story sounds a tad shady... should be awesome though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.