And it's STILL addictive...

#1 Posted by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -

So not long ago I got bored and started up Burnout Paradise since nothing else in my game collection felt like it would be suffient.

Next thing I know I'm looking for cars out in the city, winning events to build up my license, hunting down the elusive final gates, but most of all spending Thursday night building up a custom soundtrack for the game on my zune.

God damn you Burnout Paradise... God damn you and your somehow still awesomeness.

#2 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I never played Paradise but I want to go back and play Burnout 3 again because my god that game was good.

#3 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

I can totally buy paradise for $20... I think I might just do that

#4 Posted by Goldanas (542 posts) -

Agreed, there's something about Burnout Paradise that you can always go back to. 

Will it perhaps win this years's 2010's 2008 Game of the Year?

#5 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

Yeah I loved Burnout Paradise. It's a shame though, because there's not a lot for me to do in it anymore because I've beaten every single event and road rule and I've never really gotten anything out of the online challenges. I guess I could go find all of the billboards and smashes, but I'm not a crazy person.

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

After getting 100% in the single player and knowing I needed an Xbox cam to get all the achievements, I pretty much stopped playing. Are there still plenty of people online?

#7 Posted by Stackboy (446 posts) -

I've clocked up about 60 hours playing this game and I thought I was done with it. Now this thread pops up and I want to play more.

#8 Posted by EliasT (672 posts) -

I'm sorry to change the subject, but mother fucker, you don't actually have a TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND icon do you? Because I will cut you.

Just kidding, but seriously, fuck that show so much.

#9 Posted by Falconer (1658 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: If you only have 100% completion, then you're not done yet. ;)
#10 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (457 posts) -
God what a great game. I did everything in the game excluding the vast majority of online challenges so there's not much for me to go back to. Can't wait for Hot Pursuit.  

Also 
@blazerx9x
said:
" I can totally buy paradise for $20... I will totally do that right now                                        "
Fixed
#11 Posted by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" I'm sorry to change the subject, but mother fucker, you don't actually have a TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND icon do you? Because I will cut you.    Just kidding, but seriously, fuck that show so much. "
MWAHAHAHAHA!  YOU CAN'T ESCAPE YOUR PAIN!  YYYYOOOOOUUUUUU CCCCCAAAAANNNNNN'TTTTTTT EEEEESSSSSCCCCCAAAAPPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!
#12 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I agree, this is one of the best racing games of the gen, alongside the DIRT series and GRID.  The DLC was great also.

#13 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6984 posts) -

I got my Burnout Licence. Twice. I'm done with that game.

#14 Posted by Tsoglani (571 posts) -

I think I prefer this in some ways to Hot Pursuit.

#15 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Igot my Burnout license, then bought the "complete pack" or whatever its called when they made it stupid cheap on the PSN. I never finished the new single player stuff, so I know that I will always have that to go back to one lazy day...

That game is fucking great, I still recommend it to pretty much anyone.

EDIT: Wait, AGH! Thread necromancy!

#16 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -
@Tsoglani said:
" I think I prefer this in some ways to Hot Pursuit. "
I think Paradise is far better than Hot Pursuit. I really hate the way driving feels in Need for Speed games.
#17 Posted by TheKeyboardDemon (824 posts) -
@AgentofChaos said:
 I think Paradise is far better than Hot Pursuit. I really hate the way driving feels in Need for Speed games. "

I agree with you. Not only that but I think it looks better too. On my PC I am playing it at max quality settings and 1920x1080 and it looks awesome. While I think Hot Pursuit also looks great, I don't think that it looks much better for a game that came out 2 years on from Burnout Paradise, and I find it isn't as immersive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.