Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Are people still playing this, either offline or online?

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I completed all the races and events ages ago, but recently after putting my current kickass PC together (it's more of a tap bottom lightly with foot PC actually) I went through my old collection and installed the cream of the crop to start playing them at 1920x1080 and max'd settings where possible.

I've played 4 of the challenges on my LAN with my nephew, and have recently discovered how to activate the showtime mode. I can't believe I got to 86% complete before I found this!

Now that EA had a day of giving this away free, or some people might have bought it from the Steam sale when it had a massive discount I wanted to know who was playing it now, and who is going online with it?

I still have some billboards to get and some of the gates to smash, I have 5 cars left to unlock as well, and loads of showtime scores to beat, plus a few Time Road Rules to beat and then that's it game completed. The only thing I haven't really worked it is how to control the car in Showtime events.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By metalmoog

Just bought it for PS3 off PSN. This game is awesome. Having much more fun with this than ForzzzZZzzza 3.

Avatar image for glorious_leader
    glorious_leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By glorious_leader

Behold, thread necromancy! 

Also, I hop on it every once in a while.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I'm sure there's still some people. Haven't played it in a long time though.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Tsoglani

Yes, still playing it. Mostly just offline, where I am aiming to finish every race. I must admit, I bought this pretty late on though.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

After about 100 hours of play time and getting my Criterion Elite 100% license, I put this game on the shelf, but I'm sure there are still people out there playing this great game.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I think the number of responses to this thread is a good indication of how popular the game is now. 5 reposonses in a month! I am quite close to 100% completion, now just looking at find a hadful of billboard smashes and Super Jumps plus some of the Road Rules and Showtimes events to finish then there would be nothing left.

It would have been nice to try out some of the online group events, the co-op nature of some of these events is a really fun way of getting people to play together.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 02sfraser

I like to jump online every now and again for a few races on my PS3

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By elko84

I need a few more smashes on that game...

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By xMP44x

I probably should play more of Paradise. I only have a few more billboards to destroy and then I'll have done one of the more difficult tasks in the game. It's just a case of finding them though.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoLines

I'm kind of playing this on the PC. Bought it during the Steam's sale.

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Obsidian

I play it for an hour or so every month or two.  I've already gotten pretty much everything there is though so I just mess around.

Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently deleted my save so I can start it over again on ps3.  Great game!

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mesklinite

I haven't in a month or so, but yeah I picked it up cheap from steam, awesome game!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic

not me... its fun and SMASHING but its a driving game.. gets boring after 1 week

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By abdo

I bought this on sale from Steam, but only played a few hours online with friends. I really need to go back and play it.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

It's nice to see that this game still attracts people to the forum, 3 months after I started this thread it still attracts posts, it just shows how good the game is.

I have completed nearly all of the SP challenges and sometimes play the party mode with some friends. I think it is the most stunning game I have in terms of both graphics and gameplay.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By abdo
    @TheKeyboardDemon: It really is stunning, I'm amazed at how gorgeous it looks. I've gotten into it more now, playing online with my friends again but having trouble starting anything other than normal races. We couldn't figure out how to start a Road Rage or Stunt event. I've only unlocked about 10 cars so I probably need to get a better license before I do that.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By captain_clayman

i played a considerable amount on ps3, but i was just borrowing it and i had to give it back :C

but then i bought it on pc!! and havent played  much of it at all.
    Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By Lelcar

Burnout Paradise is awesome. It was the first game on PS3 that I platinumed back in 2008, and I try to get all the dlc trophies as well whenever they come out. I've sunk many hours into that game. I bought it over PSN instead of retail, so I'm always more inclined to play it for a bit since it's already on my system. But I haven't touched it for quite a while now.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @abdo:  I'll have a look through the menus on the game. As much as it's a great game it does have some annoying menu controls.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Azteck

EA doesn't let me play it online even after I spent over two hours with them on customer support. Assholes.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @Azteck:  I had some issues with this when I first got the game, partly due to a really bad internet connection and the other was becuase of a firewall that was too strict, which put me off playing online at the time, but at the time online didn't make much sense anyway as everyone else had the better cars from having got further in the online play. Once I had eventually unlocked 60+ cars I started playing online by which time I had a router with UPnP and better internet security software   which no longer presented any issues. I just went online tonight and had a blast playing with 5 other players so it seems people are still playing the game. All I can suggest is that you make sure you have all of the right ports open on your router and if that doesn't work try running the game with your software firewall protection switched off.

@abdo: In answer to your question about other race modes, I could select race, I could see the arrows to indicate that other options might be available, but I couldn't select any options. For online play I would suggest you play the challenges and involve as many people as you can, it's so much fun.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Azteck
    @TheKeyboardDemon: Well see, they had a promo thing where you could get it for free in the UK for like one day or so a few months back, but when I try to use my EA Login (which works with BC2, so it's not broken) it tells me my cd key isn't valid. I spent hours with their support asking them to fix it but all they said was that "we've never had such a promotion" even though they could clearly see it as a purchased product in my Download Manager. I just gave up eventually
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @Azteck:  That seems really strange. I remember the promotion myself. I told a friend about it and he tried it on his computer, sadly the computer didn't have the power to run it! so we no longer have the key for it.

This free promotion that EA have no knowledge of was highly publicised and I think it was intended to showcase the work by the Burnout Paradise Team as they were the guys behind Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. I googled it and found this, plus another here, again on this site and I think it was this site that I used to get the game for my friend.

I'm sure that if you were to provide them with 1 or 2 of the links above something might actually jog their memories, and hopefully they will be able to do more to help you, it sort of sounds like they think you might have a pirate copy and are trying to get rid of you when you contact them.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Azteck
    @TheKeyboardDemon: Wow thank you so much for those links. I switched computers since I "bought" it and couldn't find it, and couldn't for my life think of where it was. That'll probably make it a lot easier for me.
    Delusibeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Delusibeta

I also got the PC version via the "selling for £0.00" goof, but I haven't installed the patch for it, largely because it breaks the sound of it. I also have the 360 version, but I don't have Gold, so that's out of the question at the moment.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @Delusibeta:  When you say 'goof' are you saying the EA messed up and didn't actually intend to give this game away and that loads of websites spotted this and pretty much told everyone about it? If that's what you're saying then that would explain EA's denial of such an offer, though some of the websites make it look like EA wanted to give it away for a while as it is explained as a time limited offer.
    Delusibeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Delusibeta
    @TheKeyboardDemon said:
    " @Delusibeta:  When you say 'goof' are you saying the EA messed up and didn't actually intend to give this game away and that loads of websites spotted this and pretty much told everyone about it? If that's what you're saying then that would explain EA's denial of such an offer, though some of the websites make it look like EA wanted to give it away for a while as it is explained as a time limited offer. "
    Precisely. The fact that it seems to be only the UK EA store that was giving the game away suggested to me that it was a mistake. If EA intended to give it away, I'd expect them to have given it away on multiple stores, not just their UK division.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Hizang

If anybody wants to play with me my PSN is Hizang, not to far into the game but did buy all car packs.

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dunc12

I just threw the game in to screw around and was promptly notified that my 101% completion save has been corrupted. Guess I'll have to start over ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.