Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Big Surf Island DLC Released

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kmdrkul

Have yet to play it, still downloading the hefty 1.9 Update which is 1.2 GB.  This update seems really awesome plus it adds new cars and achievements.  Anyone who has played a bit of it should post their comments...

Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13

I really like it. The new Mega jumps are pretty sweet. It only takes about 6 hours to get everything on the island but Its a ton of fun.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kmdrkul
    @Nat3TheGreat13 said:
    " I really like it. The new Mega jumps are pretty sweet. It only takes about 6 hours to get everything on the island but Its a ton of fun. "
    Out of all the events from Paradise, I was far and away the worst at the stunt events... do those make up the majority of the content or is there also lots of racing?
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By killdave

1000 MICROSOFT POINTS ...
    108 KB download

fuck that shit

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace
    @kmdrkul said:
    Out of all the events from Paradise, I was far and away the worst at the stunt events... do those make up the majority of the content or is there also lots of racing? "
    The events are pretty evenly divided, for the most part. If memory serves me right, there's three or so stunt runs, three road rages, two marked mans, three races, three island tours, and one burning route. The stunt runs all had me trying to score over a million, but with the new dune buggy and the stunt-heavy terrain it's far easier to pull off flatspins and barrel rolls and rack up very large multipliers.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kmdrkul
    @killdave said:
    " 1000 MICROSOFT POINTS ...108 KB download fuck that shit "
    Don't be misled.  It's the 1.9 update that has all the actual content; the 108 KB download from when you actually buy the DLC effectively opens up the gate for you to drive there. 
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kmdrkul

So I've played for the past hour or so and I'm having a lot of fun with this update.  The island itself seems much more fun to drive and race around than does Paradise City, though at 20% done on my license I haven't unlocked any new cars yet.  The stunt runs are a lot easier and I even finally got the achievement for two full flat spins in a row thanks to this.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Branthog

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would love to get this game if I wasn't saving my Microsoft Points for Operation Anchorage's price drop next week. This is next on my list and is a great reason for me to play the game again.

Avatar image for platypusplatoon
    PlatypusPlatoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PlatypusPlatoon

Best $12.50 I've spent all year.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suneku

I'll probably purchase this within the next few weeks, it looks pretty fun.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Rhaknar

hope it gets a quick look like cops and robbers did

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax
    @killdave said:
    " 1000 MICROSOFT POINTS ...108 KB download fuck that shit "
    That was my reaction as well. I went into it, saw 1000 MS Points, said "Fuck that bullshit", and left the Marketplace.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By get2sammyb
    @natetodamax: It doesn't mean they are ripping you off. The content most certainly WASN'T on the disc when the game released last year. It's just that they force you to upgrade the game. The content is in the upgrade - and you pay for a key to access it.

Criterion wouldn't rip you off.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Kazona

Well color me surprised. I could've sworn that they said numerous times that the island would be a free update for everyone. What gives?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Kazona: It's always been premium as far as I'm aware. And it's worth every penny.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kmdrkul

I wholeheartedly support Criterion.  For Burnout Paradise they are showing us how to do DLC the right way and through their DLC they have managed to keep me playing their game this whole time.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By suneku

This is a very fair price for this DLC. Don't see why people are so anal about it, there have been far worst rip offs for DLC, plus criterion has consistently supported this game with free updates, you've got to pay for some of their stuff sometimes so they can keep bringing new content out.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By get2sammyb

Not to mention this is probably one of the most well thought out and value packed pieces of DLC for a long time.

They got the pricing of their car packs totally wrong - but they could easily charge more for the Island. It's so well designed it's crazy.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By daz0608

Wow I can't believe people have a problem with paying 1000 MS points, this looks like a heafty pieces of content and if I were still playing this game or I had other friends that were still playing this game, I'd have no problem in paying that amount of money for it.

One thing I do really dissagree with though is the fact that even if I don't want the DLC but still want to play online I have to download a 2 GB file, you would have thought after 3 times of doing these Criterion would have worked out a much better way of doing it
    grievous113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By grievous113

They have really given us a lot over the past year for free. Some of the content is kind of expensive buy hey I pay just like many others 10 bucks to get a few maps in cod or gears 2.

Hit me up if you or anyone needs help. I welcome the help as i enjoby to meet people who also love this game.

psn ID.

grievous113

I am all done with pretty much everything except a few trophies, and I am not a takedown junkie unless it is the proper time and place.

shayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By shayo

The DLC is well worth its money. Driving around the island really feels refreshing and exciting. I love how you can just cruise around the island really fast and just hit ramps after ramps after ramps. It really is more of a playground than the rest of Paradise City.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.