Burnout Paradise or Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit?

#1 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

I'm interested in getting a racing game, but don't know which one is better for me. I'm only interested in playing this by myself. Basically, which game has the better single-player experience?

#2 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Forza Horizon.

#3 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1030 posts) -

Paradise for sure!

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

I haven't played Most Wanted, but it looks like it's trying to be Paradise. Get Paradise.

#5 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

Paradise is great. Go for that one.

#6 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

paradise has the better crashes since they don't have to go by the license car rules of crashing. However, as much fun as i had in paradise, I still remember frustrating things like having to run a perfect race with no random crashes to get 1st and move on.

#7 Posted by mlarrabee (2886 posts) -

Hot Pursuit. But then again, I didn't have two dozen XBL friends with tons of free time when Paradise came out, so my experience with it was probably worse than most.

Regardless, Hot Pursuit didn't leave my Xbox disc tray for three weeks and I go back to it to make sure I'm still the top of the speedwalls, or retake them if necessary.

I've been top of 'em all for too long... *lofty shake of head*

#8 Edited by BillyMethers (149 posts) -

Burnout Paradise. Also on a burnout forum I think the answer may usually be paradise lol.

#9 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

The one that lets you change the POV so you can see where you're going instead of forcing a low to the ground camera to artificially make it seem like you're going fast.

#10 Posted by KaneRobot (1420 posts) -

Paradise. Then buy the cars pack that has the General Lee/Delorean/Ecto-1/KITT knockoffs.

#11 Posted by HadesTimes (802 posts) -

Hot Pursuit!

#12 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Paradise every day. Best open world driving game, the events where you have to do tricks which pretty much turns into Tony Hawk with cars and boost is your manual. Get the complete edition its like 20 bucks such a good game. Plus free roam challenges is some great co-op.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

Paradise for sure.

#14 Posted by MajorMitch (500 posts) -

Personally, I feel like Burnout Paradise has the more robust single player between those 2. Without multiplayer in Hot Pursuit, you're basically working through a simple list of races one after another, most of which are basically the same thing just on a different track. Paradise has a giant city (bigger than Most Wanted's too) with a lot of different event types, and a lot of stuff to just explore and fiddle with (I found hunting down billboards to be surprisingly fun). Paradise's multiplayer is definitely awesome, but I was able to play it by myself for longer, and had a lot of fun doing so. No Autolog invading everything either, which may be good or bad to you.

Also, I've never played Forza, but they might have decent single player options too. Might be worth looking into.

#15 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Burnout Paradise still holds up and is still awesome. Whenever I have time to kill and just need t o play a game, I play burnout paradise. Driving in that game is more fun than it is in any other game. It's awesome.

So yes, Burnout.

#16 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Hot pursuit has some amazing multiplayer and a decent single player. With that said, I'd say burnout is what you want

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (3542 posts) -

started playing a little paradise again, wish there were more people playing it on PC tho, multi's pretty much dead

#18 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

I played a little bit of Hot Pursuit a few weeks ago and was enjoying it a lot. I tried Paradise years ago, when the GB crew were obsessed, and did not like it that much.

#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

Burnout Paradise.

#20 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Burnout Paradise

#21 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

Thanks everybody

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.