Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

I need a freaking arrow.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

On Burnout Paradise,when you are racing is there no freaking arrow to direct you where to go?I mean when I'm driving 1000's of MPH,I have no time to sort out that small ass map at the bottom of the screen!If not then what would be your best way to win a damn race and not wreck every two second's because your looking at the map at the bottom?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shadows_kill
    TheGamerGeek said:
    "On Burnout Paradise,when you are racing is there no freaking arrow to direct you where to go?I mean when I'm driving 1000's of MPH,I have no time to sort out that small ass map at the bottom of the screen!If not then what would be your best way to win a damn race and not wreck every two second's because your looking at the map at the bottom?"
    try pausing the game?
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    shadows_kill said:
    "TheGamerGeek said:
    "On Burnout Paradise,when you are racing is there no freaking arrow to direct you where to go?I mean when I'm driving 1000's of MPH,I have no time to sort out that small ass map at the bottom of the screen!If not then what would be your best way to win a damn race and not wreck every two second's because your looking at the map at the bottom?"
    try pausing the game?"
    But then it's not as intense....=(
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

This is why I didn't buy the game when it first came out. I was playing on a SD TV which made some of details way too small to see. When playing on an HD, does this fix the problem or is the map still pretty small?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Demyx
    shadows_kill said:
    "TheGamerGeek said:
    try pausing the game?"
    pausing is the best way to watch out. Plus on the top center, it tells you which road to take and when to turn, it takes some practice at first.
    There should at least be invisible walls or arrows blocking streets off though.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shadows_kill
    Demyx said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "TheGamerGeek said:
    try pausing the game?"
    pausing is the best way to watch out. Plus on the top center, it tells you which road to take and when to turn, it takes some practice at first.
    There should at least be invisible walls or arrows blocking streets off though."
    nope its free roaming racing. the arrows arn't there but when you have to turn the street sigh flashes
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    shadows_kill said:
    "Demyx said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "TheGamerGeek said:
    try pausing the game?"
    There should at least be invisible walls or arrows blocking streets off though."
    nope its free roaming racing. the arrows arn't there but when you have to turn the street sigh flashes"
    Yea but the un-sensitive turning controls make's it impossible to turn on the flash.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadows_kill
    TheGamerGeek said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "Demyx said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "TheGamerGeek said:
    try pausing the game?"
    nope its free roaming racing. the arrows arn't there but when you have to turn the street sigh flashes"
    Yea but the un-sensitive turning controls make's it impossible to turn on the flash."
    unless you stop reverse then go on the road. and sometimes when you pass a turn you turn onto the next road but then it turns into the interstate(or something like that) and makes you go the wrong way
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Otacon

Well you do have the signs on the top indicating. What I do is practice getting to know the finish areas so that I can follow the pack then catch up in the final section of the race. 

This should realy be in the Burnout Paradise forum too.
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGamerGeek

And since the other car's are much faster than you,it's hard to catch up with them after you miss a turn.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Otacon

What stage of the game are you at?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    Otacon said:
    "What stage of the game are you at?"
    Just began my C license.But I've been playing a pretty good bit of online and the racing is tedious when you miss a turn every minute.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shadows_kill

i think im on B about to the next one:P

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Otacon

I understand where you are coming from, I have basically played it through twice because I got a new PSN ID. I rarely use speed cars, try using a stunt, make your way to the front by following the pack and boosting. Once you are at the front you can afford to take a little bit more time and don't have to boost so much. It can be extremely tedious but stay with it!

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    Otacon said:
    "I understand where you are coming from, I have basically played it through twice because I got a new PSN ID. I rarely use speed cars, try using a stunt, make your way to the front by following the pack and boosting. Once you are at the front you can afford to take a little bit more time and don't have to boost so much. It can be extremely tedious but stay with it!"
    Alright man thanks for the advice

PS:Love the name,I got a friend on here named SolidOtacon,feel free to add him if you want.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Otacon

No problem!

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AaronBelfast
    shadows_kill said:
    "i think im on B about to the next one:P"
    I'm elite in 30 wins :). Its a bore fest now thlough :(
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By kmdrkul
    TheGamerGeek said:
    I know man arrows are sweet.  I once shot someone with an arrow and they ended up being on life support for a week or so.  I recommend firing out of a crossbow due to the amount of work involved with a regular bow and arrow but if you really want to be cheap just throw the actual arrow like I did.
    hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By hazelnutman

Arrows were crazy useful in games like Crazy Taxi. I think the next Burnout should have an option to turn arrows on and off.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shadows_kill
    hazelnutman said:
    "Arrows were crazy useful in games like Crazy Taxi. I think the next Burnout should have an option to turn arrows on and off."
    we need another crazy taxi games :/
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shadows_kill
    hazelnutman said:
    "Arrows were crazy useful in games like Crazy Taxi. I think the next Burnout should have an option to turn arrows on and off."
    we need another crazy taxi games :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.