Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Is this game worth it? Please list the pros and the cons.

mellenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mellenman

Is this game worth it? Please list the pros and the cons.

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Mattzz10

It really depends on how you like your racing games.... It is open world so there is a steep learning curve at the beginning but it does level out quickly

Pros: 1. Still getting support almost 6 months later, and hopefully beyond. 2. Bikes are coming. 3. TONS of content... races/challenges if you are one of those people that has to get 100% you will be playing this for a long time. 4 great online to hang with friends. 5. It is $30 (i think) now.

Cons: 1. Steep learning curve 2. no restart function for races

I still play this game now and would consider it one of my favorite racing games. The review that jeff did for the game sums up the game really well if you need another opinion.

Moe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Moe

Burnout Paradise is like your local arcade  each street has a high score for showtime and  a fastest time. It shares this info with your friends over live. It is a very addictive and rewarding game constanly finding new shortcuts and jumps. Plus the online challenges are a nice break from compeditive multiplayer as you are working with others to obtain a goal (theres 420 of these now from updates), and it seriously doesnt get old. I dont like racing games but this is in my top 3 games (Battlefield BC, GTA4 and Burnout).

The Cons.....The start of the game you have slow cars.

Must buy in my books.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

This game was good, so good in fact that i rented it twice.

that said, I do find the game topping off quite easily. But the game is still supported to this day.

Lets say it this way,

Pros: learning curve, tons to do, great crashes, great open style races.

Cons: at the end of the game you only have 3 cars you use, it can get repetitive once the wow factor runs out.

Bottom line: while the fun tapers off; there is still no other game that does what burnout does, hence even I find myself renting it again, although I'm not sure if I would buy it. (everytime I rent this I think I should buy it; everytime I return the game, I'm glad I rented it.)

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By falconer

Just read Jeff's review dude. Also, go watch gameplay videos. It would help if you told us what previous experience you have with driving games, and what you've liked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.