Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

It grows on you

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

So I had not played a Burnout game since Burnout 2: Point of Impact which I didn't particularly like. This game (Paradise) was bundled with my PS3 which I bought a week ago, so I said I might as well give it a try.
    At first, I thought the game is terrible. Navigation was hard, I was losing races, I was crashing every second, I had a crappy car, and It was all bad. I thought I would never touch the game again.
    But I did, because I said to myself I paid for it so might as well at least finish it. So I started from 11pm yesterday, and stopped 7am today and I'm only at %57. I even popped out the credit card and I'm downloading Big Surf Island as I'm writing this. That's saying a lot, because I usually don't downlaod DLC. This game is addicting as shit, and it grows on you. Did anyone else have the same experience?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

This game truly does progress in a wonderful way. It is one of my favorite racing games ever. I am glad you enjoy it.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

Once you start learning the city it gets super awesome. That was the turning point for me.

And god-damn, if Big Surf isn't one of the best DLC ad-ons in the history of ad-ons, then I don't know what is.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

Yeah, I had a similar experience. I still think it's fucking moronic to not include split-screen in a racing game though - it's like not including local multiplayer in a fighting game. Burnout P would have been the best racing game ever if it had split-screen... as it is now, it's only one of the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.