Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

New HD videos of tomorrow's FREE bikes/nighttime update

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

New HD videos! And if this hits at the same time XBLA titles normally do, it will be available in less than six hours.

Menus, settings, and a parts of a nighttime checkpoint race: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40137.html
    Online freeburn challenges: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40140.html
    Massive burning ride around the entire city during foggy weather: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40159.html
    Time lapse gameplay where day turns into night: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40163.html

If you're at all interested in this game, buy a retail copy for only $30, and show EA--and other publishers--that quality free additional content months after a game's initial release can translate to large sales increases. It will be nothing short of fantastic for gamers everywhere if this becomes a regular business practice.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Just a little over three hours left... I hope.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I thought it was PS3 only for now.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Psynapse

I think it is only for PS3 also... The Cogney release for XBOX360 was 3 weeks after the PS3

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

"Looks like it's time to re-familiarize myself with Paradise City, as the fine folks over at the official PlayStation Blog have announced that motorcycles will be coming to Burnout Paradise on the PlayStation 3 on September 18. In addition to the bikes and the associated Bike License, this update promises 38 new race events, a 24-hour day/night cycle that will affect traffic density and available events, dynamic weather effects, and 70 new Freeburn challenges. Of course, considering the source of the announcement, this doesn't necessarily mean that Xbox 360 owners should also mark this date on their calendar. Considering the roughly three week gap between the roll out of the Cagney update pack on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, it's probably safe to assume the same thing will happen this time around."

Right off of Giant Bomb's blog.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Actually, none of that should be true this time around.  There was a problem with certification last time on the 360 side, which was the reason for the holdup.  As Criterion already announced the date, the update went through on the PS3 side, and was held back on the 360.  Thankfully, none of that happened this time around, and the official Burnout site says nothing about one system getting the update before the other.  They just simply say the update is coming on the 18th.

Anyone who's been playing the game on the 360 lately also saw in-game announcements for the launch of the bikes update coming on the 18th.  So again, I'm happy to say that there shouldn't be any sort of delay for either console.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Don't I get tired of being right all the time?  To tell you the truth, yeah, sometimes I do.  Burnout Bikes is now available for PS3 and Xbox 360.  : )

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Lemegeton

are the trophies in this update

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Lemegeton said:
    are the trophies in this update

No, but Criterion is supposed to have news about them next week.  When they do come out, they'll also be retroactive, so you won't have to start a new game in order to unlock them. 
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

After playing it a bit, I feel I can safely say that the update is great. In addition to all the stuff I already knew about, there's a new "Paradise Awards" system that is kind of like achievements without points. No gamer score additions, but the game does tell you when you've done something cool, and that's my favorite part of achievements anyway. And if they were real achievements, there would be far fewer of them allowed in this update.

The single player stuff is pretty easy, and I wish it would have included some other bikers instead of all against the clock type events, but it's still a great addition. Rather than a single time you have to beat for each race, it would have been nice to see a "gold, silver, bronze" system used, as even the long races are quite forgiving.

Online event challenges are even better, but I have yet to try a bike race online. I'll have to try that next, and I hope it's an option. The day/night cycle stuff it's done really nicely too. Altogether, this is a great update to an already great game, and after the support they've given this title, I'll be a lot less hesitant to spend money Criterion developed games in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.