Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Paradise vs Revange?

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HiCZoK

hi guys.

Burnout Paradise was my first 360 game 3 years ago. And first burnout game I've ever played. Finished it and liked it,

Now after watching last tnt I am wondering should I get Revange? (btw. I am all for crazy :D )

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Dogma

Burnout Revege is an awesome game and you could probably get it dirt cheap today so there is not much stopping you. Paradise didn't have Crash mode so that something worth experiencing.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I don't want to be that guy, but your spelling...

Also, I have not played Burnout Revenge, but I do like Paradise a lot. But again, I have no point of reference for Revenge, other than the fact that the thing I like most about Paradise is that it is an open city where you can go just about anywhere.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

I still think Burnout 3 is my favorite/the best.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By NMC2008

This thread is already bias from that thread title sir or madam, if this is some sort of anti-REVENGE!! propaganda then I am not amused(I'm amused)....................... I vote Revenge by the way, Paradise took me for a ride straight to hell, I hated it so much.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

Revenge, no doubt.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Enigma777

Wait for Revangance.

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HiCZoK

@MooseyMcMan said:

I don't want to be that guy, but your spelling...

You are not wrong there. English is not my native language but that doesn't explain my mistakes.

Once... I was writing in english almost as good as an American but then Interwebs happened!

I got lazy and because of posting thousands(about 12k posts last 5years ;/) of posts on different internet forums (all in english) You start to get very lazy with paying actually any attention to spelling or grammar.

I don't have any problem to understand whole content of bombcast whatsoever or watching english movies for years without subs and so on, but that don't train writing "skills" :P

Anyway. Thanks for reminding me and sorry for that. I will try to improve.

The thread is not suppose to be any kind of anty paradise propaganda:P I totally enjoyed this game and loved it! I just want crazy arcade racing game and unbounded looks like full auto combined with hot pursuit

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@HiCZoK: I didn't realize English wasn't your native language. Learning a new language is tough. I've been taking french classes since high school (I'm now in college), and I'm nowhere near being able to understand and entire podcast's worth of it at a time (part of that is the insane speed that native french speakers talk at, but you know what I mean).

No worries.

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HiCZoK

now I see... mistake in a title :|

So any more comments on RevEnge ? especially compared to Paradise and crazy people

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Snail

@NMC2008 said:

This thread is already bias from that thread title sir or madam, if this is some sort of anti-REVENGE!! propaganda then I am not amused(I'm amused)....................... I vote Revenge by the way, Paradise took me for a ride straight to hell, I hated it so much.

Okay, I'm sorry, I have to ask.

What on earth is it that makes you hate Burnout Paradise? Or am I missing out on some sarcasm?

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Wasara88

Takedown, enough said.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bell_End

im firmly in the paradise camp. played it to death on the 360 and then got it for the PC when i was given away on Origin for free. such a fun game, takes a while to learn the city and get used to the hud for navigating. but when you do its fucking great.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Revenge. Paradise is pretty good, but it's no Revenge.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Paradise. Revenge is a fine game, but it felt like a one-trick pony to me.

I'm sure some would say the same about Paradise.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They're different games. I love both for very different reasons. I'd definitely recommend picking up a copy of Revenge somewhere. You should be able to get a copy dirt cheap these days.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dropabombonit

Burnout 3 is still my favourite burnout game

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By MEATBALL

I really respect Criterion for doing what they did with Burnout Paradise, the series needed a shake-up like that...I just didn't really feel it. So of the two, Revenge is my choice, but Takedown probably holds the biggest spot in my heart.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

Burnout Crash...

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HiCZoK

@Wasara88 said:

Takedown, enough said.

only 360 games,

I think I've heard enough. Will be searching for revenge then. Sounds and look good

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By AndrewB

Yes. Revenge is a different game, arguably better, depending on who you are. I loved Paradise, but I found the open world environment to be more a drag than a boon to gameplay. I never learned the layout of the city by heart, which meant constantly checking the map to make sure I was going in the right direction. With Revenge (my first entry into the series, as someone who never even plays racing games) you have set courses, which means one track, some side-path shortcuts, and a whole lot more focus. It simply allows for more fun when you don't have to worry about taking a wrong turn and being completely out of a race.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ApeGantz

I'd have to give it to Revenge. Paradise is a great game but it's not liner enough. I mean I GUESS its nice to take your own route to the finish line but I personally find it hard to constantly look at the map while watching the screen and dodging all the cars and obstacles that are in your way. And I recently started playing Paradise on the PS3 and as fun as it is, I was in a race and the finish line was a ways off. There war a fork in the road and the y both seemed to goto the same destination. Instead of going straight I took the other path and tho I was right about the destination of both routes, the one I took had many loops and it wasted my time and I ultimately ended up in 2nd place barely.

In Revenge(and Takedown) it is your normal racing game with a select course. The only thing your looking at and worried about is the road and all the stuff you could possibly crash into! Much more easier and fun if you ask me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By Justin258

You should definitely track down a copy of Burnout 3 on the Xbox. I do believe that it works on 360, and like others have said it's probably the best one.

I played the demo of Paradise a long time ago and for some reason didn't much like it. I have heard that you have to pick your own path through the open world races instead of being told which turns to make - is this true? If it is, then there's just no way I could see myself playing it. I am horrible with directions.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#24  Edited By falconer

Burnout 3: Takedown is one of the best racing games ever, let alone Burnout games. Since the online is down for Takedown and is soon to be down for Revenge, you should get Takedown. Although, like others have said, both are really cheap now, so you might as well just get both.

That being said, Paradise is a more fun single player game. As with all Criterion games, they're more fun with friends, but Paradise just has more "stuff" to do. Know that going into Takedown/Revenge.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Bollard

How did the first two people in this thread both fail to spell revenge?!

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fearbeard

Burnout Revenge is great... though be warned that the multiplayer will be shut down soon. When I played Burnout Revenge all I played was the single player, and I still had a blast with it.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By fox01313

Agreed they are quite different but as someone who still prefers Revenge, it's well worth playing. I really enjoyed Paradise except for how open the races were & how you really didn't have much time to figure out where to go as well as dealing with the insane speeds that the Burnout races are known for. If Paradise closed the tracks somewhat to where you could take a few different turns past the ideal route & still be in the race in addition to the crash mode from Revenge I'd probably still be playing it.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NMC2008

@Snail said:

@NMC2008 said:

Okay, I'm sorry, I have to ask.

What on earth is it that makes you hate Burnout Paradise? Or am I missing out on some sarcasm?

I didn't like the open world nature of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.