WARNING - STEAM Users Beware

#1 Posted by Rasgueado (717 posts) -

I just thought that I should let you know... if anyone is thinking of purchasing this game on STEAM... you may have a problem actually PLAYING the f*@king thing once you get it. A lot of people (myself included) are getting an "invalid CD-Key" error once they've installed the game. The only way to correct this error is to connect with a live chat EA support person and get them to activate it for you. 

I generally have been pretty favorable of EA's game titles for the past few years, but their authentication and on-line policy is still in the farking toilet.
#2 Posted by NTM (7381 posts) -

Just wondering, why did you sensor fucking?
#3 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -
@NTM said:
" Just wondering, why did you sensor fucking? "
Think of the kids..
#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

At least they'll help you get it fixed. No biggie.

#5 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

Fuck

#6 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

fuck the f*@k

As JJ said, no biggie

#7 Posted by Madz (64 posts) -

Me and some of my friends bought this on the Steam Sale recently and the same issue is back, basically, Steam didn't have enough CD-Keys for the game and now it has to wait for EA/whoemver takes care of that to send new keys.

Also, the 'Ultimate' version doesn't include all the DLC, running the risk of being called 'entitled' and all that I think that's very misleading at the least.

#8 Edited by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@Rasgueado:

You probably already tried this, but just in case:

Close Steam and try running it again as Admin. There were a few times I've gotten CD-Key errors and that fixed it.

EDIT: Whoops, just noticed the date on this thread's OP. Hopefully you have it working by now :P

#9 Posted by Russcat (140 posts) -

@Rasgueado: Thanks for the heads up. Will check my other recent steam EA purchases also.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.