Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 3

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

The third main installment of the well-known first-person shooter series, Call of Duty 3 returns to World War II Europe in an inter-connected campaign that switches between America, British, Canadian, and Polish forces during the liberation of France.

Call of Duty 3 Post-Mortem

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Call of Duty 3 was an excellent addition to the franchise. However, the fact that it wasn't AAA began a lot of hate for Treyarch. Too much time was spent discussing the bad parts in the game. Let's discuss what we liked about the game.

One of my favorite parts of the game was the use of music in both single player and multiplayer. I remember one point in the single player game where the Germans are streaming up a hill on your position and the battle seems hopeless, but then... the Canadians! Then this victory song starts playing as the Germans are bombed and defeated.

In multiplayer, it was also used well. There was this one game mode, kind of like Conquest where there were five flags. The middle flag started neutral. If your team captured it, you'd move further into the enemy's territory and go to their second flag. You wanted to capture the enemy's first flag to win. Anyway, once you got down to your last flag or your enemy's last flag, the music started. For the losing team, the music would try to inspire you to fight back and for the winning team, it was kind of a march that pushed you to keep going. I can't remember exactly what each was like, but I remember it being there and it being used very well.

eddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By eddie

still trying to beat it awesome game

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ubergeist

I love that game too. My favorite part was the multiplayer. I loved how you would get promoted during each match and you unlocked more awesome stuff, like a badass air strike as sniper. I also loved the medic. I used to run around and heal people left and right until I ranked up enough to switch to a class with awesome stuff. I would come in first most of the time thanks to medic.

Man I love that game.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Gizmo

Gonna give it a rent ASAP before AAA titles this holiday.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK

i bought it cheap and was rather impressed with the multiplayer. having different classes, large battlefields and a good version of territories was awesomeand spending 10 mintues of a match laying down a huge minefield is awesome. as well as an octuple grenade betrayal kamikaze. it was good fun

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By leky1

err....1 year old eh?gonna bump anyway :D!I loved this game also and the fact it wasn't screaming AAA doesnt mean you should hate it!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Id have to disagree, since the game is so glitched and the online multiplayer with its people in walls and floors shooting you tends to kill the game.

I'm still unable to get past a certain level of cod3 single player because the enemy have glitched invincibility for some reason.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

I hated this game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.