Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 3

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

The third main installment of the well-known first-person shooter series, Call of Duty 3 returns to World War II Europe in an inter-connected campaign that switches between America, British, Canadian, and Polish forces during the liberation of France.

I cant believe how much of a glitch

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I can't believe how glitchy and crappy this game is.
    I am currently playing the single player on veteran  and am on the 3rd mission or so, I'm supposed to storm a hill with 3 gun implacements, 
    that on veteran only ever aim for me, know instantly where i am at all times, and seemingly can shoot me through the hill it self, No cover is safe
    they will kill me in about a quater of a second...I thought COD2 was bad for glitches and AI allies being stupid but my god this is insane...
    Oh and they can shoot through smoke grenades i've laid down all 5 and they will shoot me through it all..

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

I've done it bro. CoD 3 is probably the easiest veteran I've done, second to perhaps CoD4.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

...Those don't sound like glitches to me. Well except for "seemingly can shoot me through the hill itself".

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Hitchenson said:
    " ...Those don't sound like glitches to me. Well except for "seemingly can shoot me through the hill itself". "
    and smoke grenades no other unit can do it but seemingly these gun implacements can.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Baillie said:
    " I've done it bro. CoD 3 is probably the easiest veteran I've done, second to perhaps CoD4. "
    your achievement page says otherwise.
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I like a chalange, but there's a point where some games just become too frustrating and all the fun is lost playing on the hardest levels.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hitchenson
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    " ...Those don't sound like glitches to me. Well except for "seemingly can shoot me through the hill itself". "
    and smoke grenades no other unit can do it but seemingly these gun implacements can. "
    If I were to be operating a turret emplacement, I'd sure as hell shoot into smoke grenades.
    Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Insectecutor

Get behind it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed

I gave up at a point when i'm with the french and have to get across a field..but everytime I got into the house they would all know 100% where I was and usually pre empt me with grenades... 

I gave up trying to finish it on veteran..far too annoying
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

Thats what happens when you spend time playing a complete shit game I guess.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Okay i've pretty muched confirmed it now, they are! shooting me through the hill, I've restarted the level 3 times now, and basically im going down this gulley and a truck blocks the way and blows up throwing fuel barrels all over so i have to then storm this hill, I sat for about a minute behind the gulley wall and all of a sudden im dead, I managed to get past the truck that blew up but you cant really go any where and your in cover...and all of a sudden i start getting shot.

Theres no enemies around at all its these 4 turrent emplacements at the top of the hill they can shoot through cover.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Baillie
    @WilliamRLBaker: Try sweeney04000. I did it on his account when I was living with him.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Evilsbane

You know it kinda makes sense when you think about it, if I was running the gun implacement and a smoke nade went off I would just start unloading into the smoke.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Evilsbane said:
    " You know it kinda makes sense when you think about it, if I was running the gun implacement and a smoke nade went off I would just start unloading into the smoke. "
    yeah but not only into me where as they ignore my AI friends.
    But Im happy to report i finally passed it... I had to glitch the game to do it too, After finding out that beyond a shadow of a doubt the gun implacements could shoot through the hill I basically has to hide behind that truck that blew up they oddly couldn't shoot through it, so i waited...10....20 minutes or so now, and oddly they stopped fireing...they had killed every one but like 6 of my AI allies and for some reason they stopped, so i just ran up the hill.
    ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ddensel

Huh, so its not just the Xbox 1 version that's glichy as all Hell. As I play through it for the first time, I see that frequently Germans can shoot through walls, I even got stuck on some terrain one time, forcing me to reload a map. COD3 wasn't play tested thoroughly or somethin'....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

Here's the way that I look at it: 

Say you are Treyarch, and Activision heads come to you and say "look, Infinity Ward is working on this other Call of Duty game, but we need to get something out in order to keep the brand fresh in people's minds.  On top of that, Call of Duty 2 proved to be quite a worthwhile business endeavor on the consoles, and so putting something else out would show that we are committed to this franchise for consoles.  Here's the dev kit from Call of Duty 2.  Pump out a new game for us." 

Yes, there are glitches.  There are always going to be glitches when one company is handed someone else's shit and told "make a new one of these".  Look at BioWare's work with KOTOR, then Obsidian's work with KOTOR 2.  Glitches everywhere.  The same can also be said of the move from Harmonix and RedOctane to Neversoft on the Guitar Hero franchise. 

Therefore, I don't expect the game to be perfect in those situations.  One thing that I will give Call of Duty 3 as well as World at War is that those games were fun and enjoyable, and they at least explored the option of vehicles in CoD multiplayer (which I don't like, but at least they had the balls to do it). 

Treyarch gets far too much hate, as do their games.  =  / 

I know this is an old post that got bumped, but I felt the need to say it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jakob187 said:
    " Here's the way that I look at it:  Say you are Treyarch, and Activision heads come to you and say "look, Infinity Ward is working on this other Call of Duty game, but we need to get something out in order to keep the brand fresh in people's minds.  On top of that, Call of Duty 2 proved to be quite a worthwhile business endeavor on the consoles, and so putting something else out would show that we are committed to this franchise for consoles.  Here's the dev kit from Call of Duty 2.  Pump out a new game for us."  Yes, there are glitches.  There are always going to be glitches when one company is handed someone else's shit and told "make a new one of these".  Look at BioWare's work with KOTOR, then Obsidian's work with KOTOR 2.  Glitches everywhere.  The same can also be said of the move from Harmonix and RedOctane to Neversoft on the Guitar Hero franchise.  Therefore, I don't expect the game to be perfect in those situations.  One thing that I will give Call of Duty 3 as well as World at War is that those games were fun and enjoyable, and they at least explored the option of vehicles in CoD multiplayer (which I don't like, but at least they had the balls to do it).  Treyarch gets far too much hate, as do their games.  =  /  I know this is an old post that got bumped, but I felt the need to say it. "
    This seems like the same speech from the last podcast lol.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187
    @Bucketdeth: I've been saying it for a LONG time, though.  Go into the World at War forum and look how often I've defended Treyarch, and especially World at War. 

If Treyarch are bad developers and make bad games, then that means we need to be putting down Obsidian and everything they make as well.  Instead, we don't.  We accept that they are making games based off other people's shit. 

And ESPECIALLY after the amount of glitches we've seen surface in CoD4 and MW2, it would seem to me that IW just has broken ass dev kits.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jakob187 said:

" @Bucketdeth: I've been saying it for a LONG time, though.  Go into the World at War forum and look how often I've defended Treyarch, and especially World at War.  If Treyarch are bad developers and make bad games, then that means we need to be putting down Obsidian and everything they make as well.  Instead, we don't.  We accept that they are making games based off other people's shit.  And ESPECIALLY after the amount of glitches we've seen surface in CoD4 and MW2, it would seem to me that IW just has broken ass dev kits. "

I thought WAW was great and I really didn't like MW or MW2 so I'm in the same boat as you, but the COD series as a whole really isn't my cup of tea anyways, but yeah Treyarch do get a lot of unnecessary hate especially from the IW fanboys.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mano521

i loved all  the treyarch games.   sure, cod3 was slightly glitch at times, but i played that online more than i did cod2. for WaW i only didnt play that as much as cod4 because at that point it was just basically more cod4 only with WW2 guns. i did like the added gore though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.