Are people still playing this online?

#1 Posted by PotentChr0nic (14 posts) -

I just built a new gaming pc and I am considering getting CoD4 from steam even though I play modern warfare 2 on my xbox360. The only reason I want to get this is because this has "leaning" on PC which is an interesting addition to the gameplay mechanics, whereas modern warfare 2 is identical to the console version. 

So I am wondering if people are still playing this online because I don't want to get it just to play the campaign again.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

last time I checked it did, but you are going to have to take off the steam overlay if you wanna play on the majority of servers

#3 Posted by monocactus (21 posts) -
@PotentChr0nic:  It is still played by tons of people. Other than MW2 it is more realistic and that keeps it alive.
#4 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -
@monocactus said:
" @PotentChr0nic:  It is still played by tons of people. Other than MW2 it is more realistic and that keeps it alive. "
That may not be the case, 4 months later. Nice going!
#5 Posted by monocactus (21 posts) -
@JoyfullOFrockets: Oh, i didn't note the date.
#6 Posted by Retrogimp (187 posts) -

I'm pretty sure COD4 will be popular for a while yet. It's one of the only games I could really say that about, other than the later COD games.

#7 Posted by PotentChr0nic (14 posts) -

Luckily the rumors were correct and Blackops does have leaning and 60fps on PC. So I held off on COD4 and just got blackops for PC.

#8 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -
@PotentChr0nic:  Dude. You are actually here to reply to this bump? Four months later and 15 posts? That is impressive. 

Really, I amn't being sarcastic or trying to rag on you or anything. I post ridiculously infrequently myself, but I pale in the light of your achievement.      :D
#9 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 will forever be THE Call of Duty game in my eyes.

#10 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

yeah people still play it on pc all the time.

#11 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" Call of Duty 4 will forever be THE Call of Duty game in my eyes. "
I agree with all my strength.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.