Breaking Brad: Mile High Club

• 84 results
#1 Posted by DjDonFrancisco (285 posts) -

So as you can see on the coming soon calender for the site, the next Breaking Brad segment will be focusing on the Mile High Club. My mind hurts from just thinking about playing this over and over again without success. Farthest I ever got was to the upstairs cabin, just before the final room. Honestly though, If Brad can do this, I may have to go back and give it another go. Has anyone else felt the frustration of this achievement?

#2 Posted by Commisar123 (1786 posts) -

Yeah and goddam it sucks. So little time and so easy to die, I don't even know if its possible

#3 Posted by Crono11 (1626 posts) -

I felt so good when I got that achievement. I got it after a long break from the game, first try so hopefully Brad can do the same.

#4 Posted by GunstarRed (4733 posts) -

I still have the optimal route burned into my brain stab-flash-shoot-run-crouch-left-flash...aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

#5 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2101 posts) -

Oh god, when I read the title of the thread I might go back and play on Veteran. I am like 1 or 2 levels away from the Mile High level, yet, still needs beating. If this game cannot break Brad, I may have to go back and give this a go.

#6 Posted by groin (822 posts) -

I probably got lucky but it only took me 20 mins of retrying to get this achievement. Brad should also learn to strafe jump in Quake 3.

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Sub-only feature? I might just subscribe for a month then

#8 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I don't think I ever got that achievement, so I guess now is a good time to go back and try it again.

#9 Posted by believer258 (11048 posts) -

I did it. It took me two hours of continuous death to finally make my way to the ending, but damn it I did it. That damned mission was a real bitch to complete.

#10 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Maybe he'll do it one the first try and surprise us all... But seriously, This may actually break him. Did they even play test that damn level on Vet?

#11 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

The 2nd to last level in CoD 4 on veteran was WAY harder than mile high club.

#12 Posted by SerHulse (680 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: The "War Room" level? That broke me, never finished the game on veteran because of it.

#13 Posted by Ramone (2931 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

No fighting in the war room was a bitch.

Mile High Club should be awesome though. I remember actually having friends call me and ask me to get this achievement for them.

#14 Posted by djn3811 (42 posts) -

I was just thinking over the weekend about how they should do something with this achievement after watching the Geometry wars video.

#15 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Man i thought CoD4 was probably one of the easiest CoD's to beat on Veteran. Mile High Club didn't take me more than a half hour, you just have to get a pattern down and have good timing.

#16 Posted by patman77 (20 posts) -

Will this one not be live like the first? It only says VIDEO in the coming up on giant bomb section.

#17 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Ok, what happened to this?

#18 Edited by JoMate (241 posts) -

@NekuCTR said:

Ok, what happened to this?

I agree what happened here?

#19 Posted by SadPatrol (494 posts) -

I did it like 40 times. My thumbs still know exactly what to do after all this time. I've beat it for friends too. And yes "War Room" sucked balls too

#20 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I still need to do that achievement.

#21 Posted by Flappy (2034 posts) -

CoD games are usually a bitch on Veteran, but as time goes on, I think it gets a bit easier for me. MW was ridiculous on Veteran, but things became a bit easier with each set of Veteran missions that came afterwards. Anyway, I'll be happy to see how this turns out.

#22 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

I got that achievement and I wasn't even happy with myself. Achievements like that are not even gratifying when I earn them, because it feels so unfair and cheap. I ended up S Ranking that game as well as MW2, but they were not fun and not worth it. :\

#23 Posted by Turtlemayor333 (510 posts) -

Did I miss this?

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

Man, that achievement was such a blast to get- it was a couple hours of straight trial & error until I got it right- I remember being extremely pissed off the first time I got to the hostage room, and accidentally shot the girl in the damn head... Man that was great- can't wait to watch this.

#25 Posted by MrXD (240 posts) -

Oh my GOD! When I first tried to earned this achievement, I took me about an hour to get. After I earned it, I felt good to myself. But the worst thing about all this, I was doing it on my offline account. So by the time pass when I first got connected to online, I have to beat the whole game on Veteran. It was a b*tch, but the time when I got to Mile High Club, it took longer than my previously play-though. I even rage quit cause I have to do this again. By the time after a week or maybe a month I think, I got the stupid "Mile High Club" achievement. And when I got it on my online account, I was like "f**k it-" and walk away after all that hours that I lost.

So yeah, I did this "Mile High Club" mission bull sh*t TWICE and I never going back to that day...

#26 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

It was a bitch to get, until you realize just use the fucking pistol. I did it in like 10 - 15 tries after using the pistol, and had tried for a good 2 hours before that. I imagine it's much easier to do on K+M than gamepad, I should try to go do it on my Steam version.

Edit: Hopefully they do this tomorrow, I was really looking forward to it.

#27 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

This is something I would like to see.

#28 Posted by harinosho (588 posts) -

It seems to be off the list. cant remember the date. When is it happening. or has it happened already?

#29 Posted by Jerr (531 posts) -

Man, that achievement is for chumps,.... I guess I'm a pretty big chump after getting it on 2 profiles....

#30 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

I think my brother spent 3 hours straight playing that section over and over again. He eventually got that achievement.

#31 Posted by natetodamax (19137 posts) -

It didn't take me very long to get the achievement. No Fighting In The War Room is harder.

#32 Posted by Example1013 (4749 posts) -

Weird, I don't actually have CoD 4 Achievements. Someone tell me, when did Trophies come out?

#33 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I think i did it once with a good amount of time left on the clock. 

This segment has been scheduled every day this week and keeps being put back, sort it out brad!

#34 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

Last one to get the achievement has to eat all the other xboxes.

#35 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (317 posts) -

@Example1013: I think it was the March following CoD4's release. I remember Infinity Ward saying they weren't going to bother patching them in.

#36 Posted by ADAMWD (502 posts) -

This should bring back some good memories, took me like 3 hours straight of playing when I got this.

#37 Posted by Shuborno (935 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

I eventually beat No Fighting in the War Room but I had to play it so many times that it broke me.

I couldn't bring myself to do it again for Mile High Club.

Come to think of it I have never played another Call of Duty game after that.

#38 Posted by cannedstingray (380 posts) -

So was this cancelled or what, I noticed that it had been removed from the upcoming events list along with a few other things that were scheduled for today

#39 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

@bluecollaralaskan: it is live. right now.

#40 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Not as bad as the last Pripyat mission on Veteran. Fight through angry Ukrainians, take out a Mil Mi-28, then having to pick up Macmillan while walking through the streets and apartment blocs fending off dogs as the timer is draining down, and eventually defend him at the ferris wheel until Big Bird (the name of the Chinook) arrives as you carry him under 30 seconds. I almost blocked out all the times I tried and tried to beat that end of the level.

Mile High Club is all about speed and efficiency. Switch out the pistol for the P-90, use flashbangs (in some parts you can just run past as they are stunned), and most importantly RUN.

#41 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -
@deathstriker666 said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Not as bad as the last Pripyat mission on Veteran. Fight through angry Ukrainians, take out a Mil Mi-28, then having to pick up Macmillan while walking through the streets and apartment blocs fending off dogs as the timer is draining down, and eventually defend him at the ferris wheel until Big Bird (the name of the Chinook) arrives as you carry him under 30 seconds. I almost blocked out all the times I tried and tried to beat that end of the level.

Mile High Club is all about speed and efficiency. Switch out the pistol for the P-90, use flashbangs (in some parts you can just run past as they are stunned), and most importantly RUN.

Nah that was nothing, once you learned that running past everyone works you make it to the ferris wheel and just hide out in the ticket booth with claymoes set up. Macmillan might get killed but it's all about shooting his attackers before they get to him.  Difficulty for me would go: No fighting in the War room > Mile high club >  Prypiat > obstacle course.
#42 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

This is going absolutely atrociously right now. 3 hours in, no signs of budging.

#43 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

I can't beleive I watched three hours of this ...

*goes back to watching it*

#44 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This is sad. He wont try anything new, and things that actually work he refuses to try for reasons that aren't even true.

#45 Posted by Beforet (2884 posts) -

@CL60 said:

This is sad. He wont try anything new, and things that actually work he refuses to try for reasons that aren't even true.

When you have failed enough times, you go into a state of mind that does not allow any change or compromise to the formula you have convinced yourself should work. It's why going to sleep can do wonders to your competency.

#46 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

IBIB

#47 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3629 posts) -

IBIB
That was ridiculous.

#48 Posted by wumbo3000 (904 posts) -

Greatest premium member content ever. Funniest trolling I've seen in a while.

#49 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

I GOT PAID FOR IT

WHAM

#50 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

IBIB.

There has to be a part 2!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.