Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

cod4-ps3

grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By grainger

any of you noticed latley that certainly on the ps3 version theres a massive number of total "newbies"(for want of a better word) like less than level 30 has the game only just started selling in some obscure country or somthing?

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    grainger said:
    "any of you noticed latley that certainly on the ps3 version theres a massive number of total "newbies"(for want of a better word) like less than level 30 has the game only just started selling in some obscure country or somthing?"
    Nop i did not notice that, what i did notice tho, is that the 360 players can be the crap outta us =(
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm like a level 48 or something but everytime I go back to it after 3 week gaps of not playing it I'm utter shite. So that explains that.

People spend a stupid amount of time in that game. It's not that good.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    get2sammyb said:
    "I'm like a level 48 or something but everytime I go back to it after 3 week gaps of not playing it I'm utter shite. So that explains that.

People spend a stupid amount of time in that game. It's not that good."
    I know its *not that good* . but is the only thing we have ,hopefully that will change with the releses of kz2 and r2 =)
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar
    grainger said:
    "any of you noticed latley that certainly on the ps3 version theres a massive number of total "newbies"(for want of a better word) like less than level 30 has the game only just started selling in some obscure country or somthing?"
    Or it could be the 360 guys have migrated to the PS3 now. Yeah probably not, but its an explanation.
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did COD4 just get a price cut? :P Maybe people are just coming into it? I dunno. Should never harp on someone for just getting into a game tho, frak everyone is newbish to a game when ever they first start it too.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "grainger said:
    Nop i did not notice that, what i did notice tho, is that the 360 players can be the crap outta us =(
    "
    Ok, i was playing COD4 on my PS3, and then went to my 360....and everyone is 1000x better on the 360....why the fuck is that? Seriously, they both have just as much hardcore dudes....i really dont understand it.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK
    Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "grainger said:
    "
    Ok, i was playing COD4 on my PS3, and then went to my 360....and everyone is 1000x better on the 360....why the fuck is that? Seriously, they both have just as much hardcore dudes....i really dont understand it."
    analogue sticks i bet
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    crunchUK said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "grainger said:
    "
    Ok, i was playing COD4 on my PS3, and then went to my 360....and everyone is 1000x better on the 360....why the fuck is that? Seriously, they both have just as much hardcore dudes....i really dont understand it."
    analogue sticks i bet"
    yeah this..
    and i dont know but the using the ak47 or any sniper is much more accurate on the 360
    grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By grainger
    hush404 said:
    "Did COD4 just get a price cut? :P Maybe people are just coming into it? I dunno. Should never harp on someone for just getting into a game tho, frak everyone is newbish to a game when ever they first start it too."

i wasnt calling them or even complaining just pointing out what seemed to be a large influx of new players and was just curious to see if anyone had noticed aswell or even had an explanation
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince
    grainger said:
    I've had the game for a while an I'm only level 39. But that's because I hardly play. When I do play I own. Are you sure they aren't under level 30 because they are prestige-ing...
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By chililili
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "grainger said:
    "
    analogue sticks i bet"
    yeah this..
    and i dont know but the using the ak47 or any sniper is much more accurate on the 360"
    Its also a mix of the fact that there are more amercian Xboxes than american PS3s so you get more likely an influx of people, also the fact that basically everyone gets voice chat makes people learn and master the game real fast. As for the controller meh, I think they are the same
    calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By calf_exercises

I havent played this game since I got GTA4 on launch day, I cant play a game that much. The game is a year old now and is still one of the most played, I cant rap my head arround that. Then again nothing better than is has really come out....

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Pibo47 said:

"Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "grainger said:
    "

Well MLG is based around the 360, so it's no suprised.  I'd assume it has something to do with Halo.
    That being said, you've got to be awful to suck at COD.  It's made for newbs.  Seriously.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Well MLG is based around the 360, so it's no suprised.  I'd assume it has something to do with Halo.

That being said, you've got to be awful to suck at COD.  It's made for newbs.  Seriously."

Hey, new Levio.  Take your Halo fanboyism somewhere else...please.
    As for why everyone sucks on PS3 CoD4 compared to CoD4 on 360?

That's because I play it on 360...
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    jakob187 said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Well MLG is based around the 360, so it's no suprised.  I'd assume it has something to do with Halo.

That being said, you've got to be awful to suck at COD.  It's made for newbs.  Seriously."

"
    But Halo is God
    But anyway, it's partially true.  I play shooters on my 360 bcause of halo *insert smiley face here*
    Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

jakob187 said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

"
    Tipping the scales with your skills? You must be awesome.
    Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Win
    calf_exercises said:
    "I havent played this game since I got GTA4 on launch day, I cant play a game that much. The game is a year old now and is still one of the most played, I cant rap my head arround that. Then again nothing better than is has really come out...."
    That is the exact same situation I am in.... I don't feel like buying COD: WAW but I don't really want to go back to COD4 ether... I guess I will just have to wait til COD6 and get into some other shooters meanwhile.
    sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sionweeks

It's either fully prestiged people making a new account, or it's just complete n00bs

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "But Halo is God
    But anyway, it's partially true.  I play shooters on my 360 bcause of halo *insert smiley face here*"
    Halo does not = God.  CoD as a franchise rapes Halo on the hood of a fucking Gremlin, sir.  You seriously need to take that watermelon helmet off once in a while.  It's narrowing your view.
    p4ddym1607 said:
    "Tipping the scales with your skills? You must be awesome."
    I know.  I should totally tone it down one day and give everyone a chance...but I do have my shitty days as well.

I really want to get in on a Bombing Run one day and get some REAL competition for once, though.  They just gotta do one on a Wednesday or a Thursday...
    grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By grainger
    LiquidPrince said:
    "grainger said:
    I've had the game for a while an I'm only level 39. But that's because I hardly play. When I do play I own. Are you sure they aren't under level 30 because they are prestige-ing..."

yeah im sure, they are all on their first run through, they dont have any prestige badges
    grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By grainger
    Win said:
    "calf_exercises said:
    "I havent played this game since I got GTA4 on launch day, I cant play a game that much. The game is a year old now and is still one of the most played, I cant rap my head arround that. Then again nothing better than is has really come out...."
    That is the exact same situation I am in.... I don't feel like buying COD: WAW but I don't really want to go back to COD4 ether... I guess I will just have to wait til COD6 and get into some other shooters meanwhile."
    well killzone 2 is here in february, and r2 is out if you cant wait till them
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince

Hopefully it delivers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.